• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

Im unsure of others take on this scripture, as I do not get out much.

It seems pretty simple, as our spirit is of God and therefore since God is spirit, His Kingdom is spirit, making our spirit a piece of the Kingdom.

He was speaking before the Holy Spirit had come, therefore Yeshua was speaking of our personal spirit.

Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What did Jesus mean when He said, ‘The kingdom of God is within you’ (Luke 17:21, KJV)?"

Answer:
In Luke 17:20–21, Jesus says, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you” (NKJV). The context of Jesus’ statement is a question put to Him by His Pharisee detractors who had asked when the kingdom of God would come (verse 20).

Jesus’ answer was that the kingdom of God was not coming in the manner the Pharisees were expecting. The kingdom would not be inaugurated with spectacle or splendor; there would be no great and magnificent leader who staked out a geographical claim and routed the Romans; rather, the kingdom would come silently and unseen, much as leaven works in a batch of dough (see Matthew 13:33). In fact, Jesus says, the kingdom had already begun, right under the Pharisees’ noses. God was ruling in the hearts of some people, and the King Himself was standing among them, although the Pharisees were oblivious to that fact.

Various translations render the Greek of Luke 17:21 various ways. The phrase translated “within you” in the KJV and NKJV is translated as “in your midst” in the NIV, NASB, and NET; “among you” in the NLT and HCSB; and “in the midst of you” in the ESV. Earlier versions of the NIV had “within you” with a marginal note suggesting “among you.” There is obviously a difference between saying “the kingdom of God is within you” and “the kingdom of God is among you.”

“Within you” comes off as an unfavorable translation, seeing that Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees at the time. Jesus was surely not saying that the kingdom of God resided within the Pharisees’ hearts. The Pharisees opposed Jesus and had no relationship with God. Jesus in other places denounced them as “whitewashed tombs” and “hypocrites” (Matthew 23:27).

The better translation would be “in your midst” or “among you.” Jesus was telling the Pharisees that He brought the kingdom of God to earth. Jesus’ presence in their midst gave them a taste of the kingdom life, as attested by the miracles that Jesus performed. Elsewhere, Jesus mentions His miracles as definitive proof of the kingdom: “If I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you” (Luke 11:20).

There are three popular interpretations of Jesus’ words in Luke 17:21 that the kingdom of God is within you (or among you): 1) the kingdom of God is essentially inward, within man’s heart; 2) the kingdom is within your reach if you make the right choices; and 3) the kingdom of God is in your midst in the person and presence of Jesus. The best of these interpretations, it seems, is the third: Jesus was inaugurating the kingdom as He changed the hearts of men, one at a time.

For the time being, Christ’s kingdom is not of this world (John 18:36). One day, however, the kingdom of God will be manifest on the earth (Isaiah 35:1), and Jesus Christ will rule a physical kingdom from David’s throne (Isaiah 9:7) with Jerusalem as His capital (Zechariah 8:3).

https://www.gotquestions.org/kingdom-of-God-within-you.html

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

the kingdom of God will be manifest on the earth

Already was,  and is.

As Y'SHUA, in the kingdom of YHWH (i.e. always subject to YHWH)  says:

"nor will they say, Lo, here! Or, Lo, there! For behold the kingdom of YAHWEH is in your midst.".

By the finger of YHWH ,  remember ? 

And later the Apostles and disciples living as Y'SHUA'S on earth , in the KINGDOM of YHWH now, on earth....  yes.

By the finger of YHWH,  people are saved, healed, demons cast out,

by the will of YHWH , people are born again, set apart, living HIS LIFE now, TODAY, on earth,

with fullness  (continually) of RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE, and JOY. 

Remember the KINGDOM OF YHWH is not food nor drink.....   but "RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE, and JOY"....

And so it is.  HALLELUYAH !

Amein.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

2 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Im unsure of others take on this scripture, as I do not get out much.

It seems pretty simple, as our spirit is of God and therefore since God is spirit, His Kingdom is spirit, making our spirit a piece of the Kingdom.

He was speaking before the Holy Spirit had come, therefore Yeshua was speaking of our personal spirit.

Amen.

It is an abstract notion, but the world is outward (as is outer darkness), while the kingdom is inward. In our way of thinking, we do better with the idea that heaven is above, while earth is below. Nevertheless, the world is an aside, a mere manifestation...that is passing away.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34

3 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

"The Kingdom of Heaven is within you" ties in with Christ's proclamations that except a man be born again, he cannot (1) see and (2) enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (or the Kingdom of God). When a sinners receives Christ as both Lord and Savior, he enthrones Him within the heart, which means that God is in control of the believer -- He is King.

This is also when the Holy Spirit comes to indwell the spirit of the believer, and quicken that spirit, and Christians are commanded to "walk in the Spirit".  This also ties in with the fact that Jesus Christ is Lord (Master) of the Christian's life.  So the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body) is within the invisible Kingdom of Heaven at present, having been removed from the Kingdom of Darkness.

This does not detract in any way from the fact that after the Second Coming of Christ, Jesus will establish His literal, physical Kingdom on earth and rule over all nations with a rod of iron.  At His first coming, Christ came to establish His Kingdom within the hearts of His disciples. At His second coming, Christ's Kingdom and Kingship will be visible to all who remain on this earth.  Which means that all evildoers and enemies of Christ will be destroyed, and only the saved will inhabit the earth.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

6 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

I'm unsure of others take on this scripture....
I do not get out much....

It seems pretty simple, as our spirit is of God and therefore since God is spirit....
His Kingdom is spirit, making our spirit a piece of the Kingdom.....

He was speaking before the Holy Spirit had come....
therefore Yeshua was speaking of our personal spirit.....

:sherlock:

Another

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

Then he said to his disciples, “The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. Luke 17:20-22 (New International Version)

Take

Once Jesus was in a certain place praying. As he finished, one of his disciples came to him and said, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

Jesus said, “This is how you should pray:“Father, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. Luke 11:1-2 (New Living Translation)

See

Why do the nations gather together? Why do their people devise useless plots? Kings take their stands. Rulers make plans together against the LORD and against his Messiah by saying, "Let's break apart their chains and shake off their ropes."

The one enthroned in heaven laughs. The Lord makes fun of them. Then he speaks to them in his anger. In his burning anger he terrifies them by saying, "I have installed my own king on Zion, my holy mountain."

I will announce the LORD's decree. He said to me: "You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.

Ask me, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your own possession. You will break them with an iron scepter. You will smash them to pieces like pottery."

Now, you kings, act wisely. Be warned, you rulers of the earth! Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, or he will become angry and you will die on your way because his anger will burst into flames.

Blessed is everyone who takes refuge in him. Psalms 2 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

"The Kingdom of Heaven is within you" ties in with Christ's proclamations that except a man be born again, he cannot (1) see and (2) enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (or the Kingdom of God). When a sinners receives Christ as both Lord and Savior, he enthrones Him within the heart, which means that God is in control of the believer -- He is King.

This is also when the Holy Spirit comes to indwell the spirit of the believer, and quicken that spirit, and Christians are commanded to "walk in the Spirit".  This also ties in with the fact that Jesus Christ is Lord (Master) of the Christian's life.  So the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body) is within the invisible Kingdom of Heaven at present, having been removed from the Kingdom of Darkness.

This does not detract in any way from the fact that after the Second Coming of Christ, Jesus will establish His literal, physical Kingdom on earth and rule over all nations with a rod of iron.  At His first coming, Christ came to establish His Kingdom within the hearts of His disciples. At His second coming, Christ's Kingdom and Kingship will be visible to all who remain on this earth.  Which means that all evildoers and enemies of Christ will be destroyed, and only the saved will inhabit the earth.

"Except a person be born again..."

Born again in this instance refers to bodily death, which is why He says to not marvel.

I was just reminded by that verse, it seems some believe other things.

No insinuation, just sharing.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34

4 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Born again in this instance refers to bodily death, which is why He says to not marvel.

This is completely false, but if that is what you wish to believe, that's your choice,

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

9 minutes ago, Ezra said:

This is completely false, but if that is what you wish to believe, that's your choice,

I too do not share this view but I would like to know how the conclusion was made.