RuthEsther

How to recognise Gods voice

23 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, DayByDay said:

Its a common belief but not true. The bible mentions the jewish god doing battle with other gods on several occasions. We are commanded to have no other god before him, etc. but not told he is the only one. There are other (personal) gods. If you subscribe to the idea of god as an impersonal "dreaming the universe" god, thats your choice, but not how the jewish god describes himself. If you don't agree just try shouting the name Baal (pronounced Bayul) while thinking of his temple in Palmyra or one of the arches while either in a large crowd or having manifested life force. Please don't do that by the way, its kind of trolling. If you do, make sure you have something to say and be respectful. It is acceptable in the culture of the area to be respectful to a god, even an enemy. Often it is required because not doing so could be starting a fight between your god and the other.He usually presents himself as a slightly short man with round face. He is not short. He is one of the most powerful gods on earth. Also an enemy of the Jewish god and lord of the Khazars who have killed nearly all of the true jews.

If you ask someone from that part of the world they will tell you. In fact a number of them are gods themselves. As are most four star generals around the world.

There are a few things you say here that I question.  Do you know the difference between man made gods and the one true God?  Do you believe every god people believe in is the one true God?  Have you considered what scripture tells us about the one true God?  Do you believe int bible?

John 17:1-5

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Hi, I think its an issue of communication, not dogma. You said "there is only one god," in contrast to my statement about dealing with gods, demons, etc. which is a different issue. Within the context of the original conversation it does not matter if its "the one," a former mortal, man made, or anything else. All that matters is it exists, and it can mess with you. 

There is a common misconception here in america, which I used to hold. It is that the word "god" is a name for an individual god, being the jewish god. Its not. Sometimes we use it that way when a group of people of one religion are gathered together. One reason we do that is because speaking a god's true name is the way to summon it. They usually ignore you unless you do it repeatedly and with a little emphasis, but they know even if you just whisper it. So, rather than pull your god's chain all the time, they just call him "god," "our god,"  "their god," etc. When I wrote about "good gods" and "black gods" I meant just that. One form of strife against a god is to get people to say its name a lot, as has happened with y-h. This is really distracting to the god and makes it difficult when his followers need to communicate with him. It can also get you in trouble with him. A god can actually change its name and this happens from time to time as a result.

Regarding every god people believe in being the one true god. No,most gods, and their followers would be less offended if you said they are not the one true god, then if you said they are the same god as some other god. Most (that I know of) do not claim to be "the one true god" and look at you funny if you mention the idea. Like if I said I am the one true human and all other humans are just pretending to be me. Sometimes you get close to the idea in some religious texts where it says something along the lines of so-and-so its the one true god . . . of our people. The idea of a great god that dreams the universe is incomprehensible to many people in this world. Not to say its wrong, just that they don't get it. They have never heard of the idea or seriously considered it. So when you say "one true god" they don't know where you are going with the idea.

Edited by DayByDay

On 1/28/2017 at 4:14 AM, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

For me personally yes the bible will and should line up with what you hear from God. But the best way I can describe it is........it's kinda like you have a thought, that's not your thought, it's also like you know something suddenly, yet it feels like you always knew it, but just remembered it. This will sound weird but you also can know it's him when you hear words that's not in your daily vocabulary. 

Dear sister Solomons Porch,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

With all love in Christ, I tell you: beware, sister Solomons Porch! Remember what Jeremiah said:

·        “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?(Jeremiah 17.5-9).

We can not even trust ourselves.

·        “But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:” (Jeremiah 9.14)

·        “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” (Genesis 6.5).

·        “And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.” (Genesis 8.21).

The greatest curse that can be for someone is to be delivered by the Eternal to the desires of the heart (Isaías 5.5).

·        “But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways! I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.” (Psalms 81.11-14).

For you to have an idea of how bad we are for ourselves, see where we will end up listening to our thoughts and feelings:

·        “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” (Proverbs 14.12).

·        “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” (Proverbs 16.25).

·        “Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths. The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.” (Isaiah 59.7,8).

May Jesus allow us to know the Father (Matthew 11.27), operate in our hearts His good, pleasing and perfect will (Philippians 2: 12-13), free us from ourselves and never allow us to be led into temptation (Matthew 6:13).