• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Madeleine Albright 'ready to register as Muslim' over refugee suspension

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/26/madeleine-albright-ready-to-register-as-muslim-over-refugee-suspension.html

Madeleine Albright the former secretary of state, tweeted Wednesday that she is prepared to register as a Muslim in ‘solidarity’ as reports say President Trump plans on suspending the U.S.'s refugee program for 120 days.

Albright said that there is no fine print on the Statue of Liberty and America must "remain open to people of all faiths & backgrounds."

She went on to say that she was raised Catholic, became Episcopalian and “found out later my family was Jewish.”

Poster's note:

Mark Steyn on the radio just now had a humorous response to this:

He said that if Madeleine Albright is really serious and wants to do this right, she should go in person to a place like Syria or Yemen.  After all, there's nothing they appreciate more in those places than a Jew masquerading as a Muslim . . .

Blessings,

-Ed

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

She is just mistaken on this.   The constitution actually give the President almost unlimited power over who comes into the nation.  He could ban people over 5'10" and be within his rights to do so. 

I may not agree with it all, but there is no question of his right to do so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

This is more TDS, for sure.  Anyone who is a Christian or Jew who would identify as a muslim has bigger problems than Trump's policies.  It doesn't say whether she is going to convert or just say she is one.  Muslims don't like fake muslims so she might want to be careful there.  Why would any sane, rational person want unfettered influx of muslims?  They're just crazy.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

This is more TDS, for sure.  Anyone who is a Christian or Jew who would identify as a muslim has bigger problems than Trump's policies.  It doesn't say whether she is going to convert or just say she is one.  Muslims don't like fake muslims so she might want to be careful there.  Why would any sane, rational person want unfettered influx of muslims?  They're just crazy.

What does TDS mean?  I tried looking up the acronym and came up with 120 different meanings ...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

I thought Albright was an atheist?

I think she's left partisan more than thinking this through. A Kafir registering as a Muslim , as she puts it, is insulting Muslims. She may want to rethink this. They don't take kindly to that kind of blasphemy. And it certainly isn't considered an act of solidarity.

37 minutes ago, OneLight said:

What does TDS mean?  I tried looking up the acronym and came up with 120 different meanings ...

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Blessings,

-Ed

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Blessings,

-Ed

Thanks Ed.  I guess we have our own psychiatrists now to assign new ailments.  Not that there is not enough garbage flying around, we now make things up??

Just now, OneLight said:

Thanks Ed.  I guess we have our own psychiatrists now to assign new ailments.  Not that there is not enough garbage flying around, we now make things up??

Well, I cannot take credit for it.  I saw it somewhere, though.

I know the ___________(fill in the blank) Derangement Syndrome goes back at least to George W. Bush.  It's become a tradition, I suppose in these times. I think it pokes fun at the other side (while not being too mean or nasty).  As serious as some of these issues are (no denying that), I try to lighten things up from time to time.

If you see it differently let me know, and I'll consider not using it anymore.

Blessings,

-Ed

41 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Well, I cannot take credit for it.  I saw it somewhere, though.

I know the ___________(fill in the blank) Derangement Syndrome goes back at least to George W. Bush.  It's become a tradition, I suppose in these times. I think it pokes fun at the other side (while not being too mean or nasty).  As serious as some of these issues are (no denying that), I try to lighten things up from time to time.

If you see it differently let me know, and I'll consider not using it anymore.

Blessings,

-Ed

No need to worry about what I think.  Question is, would you do the same if Jesus Himself was on the other end of a keyboard?  That is whom you should be concerned with.

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

No need to worry about what I think.  Question is, would you do the same if Jesus Himself was on the other end of a keyboard?  That is whom you should be concerned with.

I remember seeing a portrait many years ago entitled "laughing Jesus" - showing Him having a hearty laugh at something or other.  Now I don't know how scriptural that was, but I kind of liked it.

I think Jesus must have a good sense of humor or irony - I think you even see some of it in Scripture.  For example, when the pharisees confronted Him about paying the temple tax (Matt. 22:15-22). His response to them was not only amazing, but I can imagine Him chuckling to himself about the situation of 'learned' pharisees being stumped by Someone they considered one of their lessors. 

But your question is fair and relevant.  Humor - when it mocks or ridicules anyone (even those whom we view as having 'lost it) - probably crosses a line that certainly He wouldn't cross.  Jesus of course loved everyone - even the vilest sinner.  "Lord, forgive them - for they know not what they do."

So for that reason I will no longer use the term.  

Blessings,

-Ed