IGNORED

Madeleine Albright 'ready to register as Muslim' over refugee suspension

SavedByGrace1981

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

This is more TDS, for sure.  Anyone who is a Christian or Jew who would identify as a muslim has bigger problems than Trump's policies.  It doesn't say whether she is going to convert or just say she is one.  Muslims don't like fake muslims so she might want to be careful there.  Why would any sane, rational person want unfettered influx of muslims?  They're just crazy.

There should have been a  ban on Muslim immigration to the US after 9/11.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I remember seeing a portrait many years ago entitled "laughing Jesus" - showing Him having a hearty laugh at something or other.  Now I don't know how scriptural that was, but I kind of liked it.

I think Jesus must have a good sense of humor or irony - I think you even see some of it in Scripture.  For example, when the pharisees confronted Him about paying the temple tax (Matt. 22:15-22). His response to them was not only amazing, but I can imagine Him chuckling to himself about the situation of 'learned' pharisees being stumped by Someone they considered one of their lessors. 

But your question is fair and relevant.  Humor - when it mocks or ridicules anyone (even those whom we view as having 'lost it) - probably crosses a line that certainly He wouldn't cross.  Jesus of course loved everyone - even the vilest sinner.  "Lord, forgive them - for they know not what they do."

So for that reason I will no longer use the term.  

Blessings,

-Ed

I see God has given you much grace and wisdom, not by your decision, but how you look at this.  I imagine Jesus had a few good chuckles, especially dealing with the disciples.

Shalom.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

What does TDS mean?  I tried looking up the acronym and came up with 120 different meanings ...

It means Trump Derangement Syndrome.  It's too hard to type it out every time.  It's a pandemic right now. :P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I agree.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

It means Trump Derangement Syndrome.  It's too hard to type it out every time.  It's a pandemic right now. :P

Can you please define "Trump Derangement Syndrome"?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

An irrational hatred of Trump that manifests itself in such a way that opinions about Trump are entirely disconnected from facts.   For example, Trump wants to get rid of the illegal and criminal element that is coming across our border.  They are not coming here to immigrate and assimilate and become Americans.   But that is considered, "anti-immigrant."  

Trump wants to halt Muslims from coming to the US until we have a vetting system that can distinguish between between Muslim terrorists and those who are not terrorists.   But the deranged enemies of Trump foam at the mouth and claim that Trump wants to ban Islam from the United States. That isn't what he said, but anti-Trumpers are not going to let facts get in the way.

Trump's America first policy has been characterized as being just like the hyper-nationalism of Hitler even though what Hitler said had really nothing to do with putting Germany first, but rather claiming that Germany's destiny was to rule the world.   Trump has never said anything close to that, but again, anti-Trump derangement doesn't need for their views to be correct, in line with facts, and they don't even have to make sense.  Because hating Trump for any reason, even if the reason is false, is more important.

What happens a lot on this board is that notion that Trump's flaws and short comings mean that he is as evil as a mass murderer.   Trump said some mean and off-color stuff.  He got caught on camera using dirty, locker room talk.   Politicians do that off camera and cuss like sailors, but that doesn't matter because it's only evil when Trump does it.   And when it was pointed out that by comparison, Hillary has a long list of dead bodies, in her political past, the response is essentially that Trump said some mean things and when Trump says mean things, that is just like committing mass murder.   And since we cannot prove that he has never committed murder, then he must have committed murder, so Trump is a murderer just like Hillary.

And finally there is what I call, "The Rule of Trump."   The Rule of Trump is a rule established by the anti-Trumpers that singles Trump out for special condemnation that is not used on anyone else.  

1. Trump is always wrong.  He cannot ever be right.

2. If Trump is right, Trump is wrong for being right.

If any other Republican politician had the nerve to fight illegal immigration he would be a hero.  Trump fights illegal immigration, and it's racist.  Any other politician that focuses on bring back jobs to the states, reduce the cost of fuel by helping us be more energy independent, and focus on improving our infrastructure and he is true conservative.  Trump does those things, and suddenly it's Hitlerian.

Trump isn't perfect and he has made a lot of mistakes and done some pretty indefensible things.  But none of that warrants the kind of irrational hatred that he gets from his opposition. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.66
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is easy, it is the label the Trump followers have given anyone that chooses to not follow Trump.  You are either on the Trump train or you have a mental illness, in their mind there is no other option!   

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is exactly what should have happened.  I am surprised that Trump has selected only 7 nations for that ban, when the Muslim world has at least double that number.  Immigration from the entire Muslim world is an imperative, since Jihad has been declared on the West, Christians, and Jews for at least the past 40 years.

Furthermore, all aid to Pakistan and Afghanistan should be canceled, and all troops pulled out.  Those countries hate America and do not want infidel soldiers on their land. As for *Mad* Albright, she must be crazy to be saying what she just said.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is easy, it is the label the Trump followers have given anyone that chooses to not follow Trump.  You are either on the Trump train or you have a mental illness, in their mind there is no other option!   

If you really think about it, what Obama and the Democrats were doing was sheer madness. 

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is not true.  It's the label given to this irrational hatred of Trump wherein Trump is repeatedly demonized for no real reason.  The problem with anti-Trumpers is that they are anti-Trumpers.  They are not anti-Trump policy as much as it is the case that they have a hyper-emotional personal hatred for the man himself.

It leads to a lot of irrational behavior.  As I said before, it comes from people not processing grief the right way.   It's why we have people needing safe spaces and grown men and women resorting to coloring books, and play doh, and puppies and cocoa to deal with disappointment.  It's why we have people claiming they will have their own genitalia removed if Trump builds the wall.   That stuff is not normal.  These people need some serious counseling.