• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

No, please do not stop.  Comedy relief is important and that picture was one of the funnier things posted today. 

If you want funny, I have plenty of those as well. :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

41 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

that may be the worst job of photoshopping I have ever seen! 

I cannot believe you even posted that here.

Not even close of the worst....   I think Adobe would be upset with you for linking their software to something that bad...  maybe  Gimp or some other free thing

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Not even close of the worst....   I think Adobe would be upset with you for linking their software to something that bad...  maybe  Gimp or some other free thing

That is a fair and valid point.  I do apologize to the fine people at Adobe for linking them to such shoddy work.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Irregardless it is a perfect word for the wall. 

Actually the wall makes perfect sense or perhaps you believe that the rights of illegal immigrants are more important than the rights of innocent citizens to avoid being killed by terrorists.

It's your shot..... does the right to live in a First World country without being subject to clearance supersede the rights of innocent people to be protected from lawless outlaws?

Your call. Take your time before answering. I'd like to know where your moral priorities lie.

BTW notice that I'm not against immigration just against immigration without checks.

Borders need to be protected and seeing as the U.S. / Mexico border is hardly that judging by the number of drug cartel personnel, ISIS terrorists, and other undesirables that have been discovered crossing the border without resistance, I think that any decent human being would understand the need to control immigration.

Do you agree or not?

7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Xenophobia at its finest.

Xenophobia has nothing to do with border control.

Just now, OakWood said:

Actually the wall makes perfect sense or perhaps you believe that the rights of illegal immigrants are more important than the rights of innocent citizens to avoid being killed by terrorists.

It's your shot..... does the right to live in a First World country without being subject to clearance supersede the rights of innocent people to be protected from lawless outlaws?

Your call. Take your time before answering. I'd like to know where your moral priorities lie.

BTW notice that I'm not against immigration just against immigration without checks.

Borders need to be protected and seeing as the U.S. / Mexico border is hardly that judging by the number of drug cartel personnel, ISIS terrorists, and other undesirables that have been discovered crossing the border without resistance, I think that any deceny human being would see the need to control immigration.

Do you agree or not?

Here we go again.  Either you are for the wall or you do not think that borders should be secured.  How many times am I going to hear this?  This is not an either or proposition.  One can actually be for border control and not think we need to spend 20-40 billion dollars we don't have on a wall that will just keep adding to the deficit year in and year out as we try and maintain the 1000 mile long wall. 

Here is a solution that would save money and not drive us further into debt.

We have about 95,000 troops in Europe right now that cost the US money to keep there.  Lets say we bring half of them home and station them along the southern border.  That is close to 50,000 troops to guard 1000 miles of border.  

We save money on troops in Europe, we save money on not building a wall and we save money each year on not maintain the wall and not paying for those troops in Europe.  And our military is actually defending OUR country vice someone else's. 

4 minutes ago, OakWood said:

Xenophobia has nothing to do with border control.

But it has everything to do with the mass hysteria about a wall. 

Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

Here we go again.  Either you are for the wall or you do not think that borders should be secured.  How many times am I going to hear this?  This is not an either or proposition.  One can actually be for border control and not think we need to spend 20-40 billion dollars we don't have on a wall that will just keep adding to the deficit year in and year out as we try and maintain the 1000 mile long wall. 

Here is a solution that would save money and not drive us further into debt.

We have about 95,000 troops in Europe right now that cost the US money to keep there.  Lets say we bring half of them home and station them along the southern border.  That is close to 50,000 troops to guard 1000 miles of border.  

We save money on troops in Europe, we save money on not building a wall and we save money each year on not maintain the wall and not paying for those troops in Europe.  And our military is actually defending OUR country vice someone else's. 

Thank you. I am happy with your response.

1 minute ago, Out of the Shadows said:

But it has everything to do with the mass hysteria about a wall. 

No it hasn't. It has to do with a natural survival response to the threat of lawlessness and terrorism. Hardly anybody who supports the wall fears foreigners or believes that they are all the same. Most people welcome foreigners and those who are different. They just know that nothing else is working. A wall is a good start or at the very least, a wall in principle.

29 minutes ago, OakWood said:

No it hasn't. It has to do with a natural survival response to the threat of lawlessness and terrorism. Hardly anybody who supports the wall fears foreigners or believes that they are all the same. Most people welcome foreigners and those who are different. They just know that nothing else is working. A wall is a good start or at the very least, a wall in principle.

The reason I say that about the wall is because it is such over kill for the problem at hand.  It is not a "good start", it should be the last resort, the thing you do when everything else has failed.   But we have never even tried anything else, we have gone from nothing to a 25ish billion dollar wall that will cost billions each year to maintain.

We have an illegal immigrant problem because we have companies that are more than willing to pay them when they come here. We have an illegal immigrant problem because we the people of the United States want cheap produce.  We have never as a country actually tried to stem the flow, but now we are going to build a 1000 mile long, 40ft tall all.