Jayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

There is a thread here where a couple of people are introducing "The Forgotten Books of Eden".  That isn't the topic of the thread, so I am creating a new one as not to derail that thread.

You may or may not care anything about this, but I hope you do.

There are lots of arguments about extra-Biblical writings and I find that most who favor them either haven't read the Bible or do not know enough of the Bible to see where these books present heresies and contradict God, Himself.

I just read the link provided in the other thread because while I have read several extra-Biblical books to investigate their content when others promote them, I had never read this one.  I read the first two books:  The First and Second Books of Adam and Eve.  It took me two hours.  That's two hours of my life that I cannot get back. 

Here is the link if you would like to read it yourself.  http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe006.htm

And here are the outrageous lies contained in these two "sacred" books - as they are called.

1. When banished out of the garden, Adam and Eve grieve themselves to death.  God raises them from the dead.
  2. Adam and Eve purposefully drown themselves.  God raises them back up.
  3. Adams kills himself in the Cave of Treasures -where they live.  Eve sits beside him in grief.  God raises him back up.
  4. Adam and Eve kill themselves again by throwing themselves down a mountain.  They bodies are described as torn to pieces.  God raises them back up and tells them not to do that anymore.
  5. They take their own blood that bled out into the sand and use it to sacrifice to God.  God accepts their sacrifice of their own blood to him.  He tells Adam that he [God], too, will give his life one day the way that Adam did as a sacrifice.
  6. The devil brings fire and torches Adam and Eve, but God spares them even through their scorched skin remains.
  7. Adam and Eve decide to pay penance to God by standing in water up to their necks for many days - Eve:35 and Adam:40.  The devil comes to Eve in the water and tempts her out of it.  Adam finds out and is sorely despondent.
  8. The devil kills Adam by throwing something at him and blood and water flow from Adam.  God raises him from the dead again and tells Adam that blood and water will flow again someday.
  9. Apparently, Adam and Eve do not know what sex is or what children are and apparently God never told them to "be fruitful and multiply" as he did in the Bible.  In this book, the devil comes to Adam to "tempt" him to marry Eve.  He makes Adam swear an oath to him by shaking hands that Adam will do what the devil says.  They shake on it.  Adam, after hearing about marriage, is afraid to marry Eve because he thinks God will be mad.
  10. So, the devil appears to Adam and Eve in the form of several beautiful women who explain wives, husbands, and children to them.  The devil believes that if Adam and Eve reproduce that God will kill them.
  11. They first have twins - a boy and a girl - Cain and Luluwa.
  12. Then two more twins - another boy and girl - Abel and Aklia.
  13. Cain was very jealous of Abel and tried to kill him many times.
  14. Eve wants to have her sons marry each others' twin sister.  Cain is jealous of his sister and beats and curses Eve.
  15. Adam and Eve only had 5 children.  They stopped having sex having sex after the birth of Seth.  Adam moves out of the cave and away from Eve.
  16. The devil appears to Adam as a beautiful woman and tries to seduce him into marrying "her" and having children with "her".
  17. God stops that and tells Adam to move back in with Eve, but that he will "quell the animal lust" in Adam so he and Eve won't have sex again.

There are fundamentally foundational reasons why non-canonical books are NON-canonical.  Without exception - when you read them and compare them to the Bible.  It isn't that difficult to see why. 

Without exception.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, Jayne said:

There are fundamentally foundational reasons why non-canonical books are NON-canonical.  Without exception - when you read them and compare them to the Bible.  It isn't that difficult to see why. 

Right.  The non-canonical (or apocryphal and pseudepigraphical) books for both the Testaments are generally the works of heretics, or those who are not genuine Christians.  There is really no reason (other than unmitigated curiosity) to read those books. The study of the Bible should be sufficient in itself, especially today, when there are so many half-baked and heretical ideas floating around. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Jayne said:

There is a thread here where a couple of people are introducing "The Forgotten Books of Eden".  That isn't the topic of the thread, so I am creating a new one as not to derail that thread.

There are lots of arguments about extra-Biblical writings and I find that most who favor them either haven't read the Bible or do not know enough of the Bible to see where these books present heresies and contradict God, Himself.

I just read the link provided in the other thread because while I have read several extra-Biblical books to investigate their content when others promote them, I had never read this one.  I read the first two books:  The First and Second Books of Adam and Eve.  It took me two hours.  That's two hours of my life that I cannot get back. 

Here is the link if you would like to read it yourself.  http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe006.htm

And here are the outrageous lies contained in these two "sacred" books - as they are called.

1. When banished out of the garden, Adam and Eve grieve themselves to death.  God raises them from the dead.
  3. Adams kills himself in the Cave of Treasures -where they live.  Eve sits beside him in grief.  God raises him back up.
  4. Adam and Eve kill themselves again by throwing themselves down a mountain.  They bodies are described as torn to pieces.  God raises them back up and tells them not to do that anymore.
  5. They take their own blood that bled out into the sand and use it to sacrifice to God.  God accepts their sacrifice of their own blood to him.  He tells Adam that he [God], too, will give his life one day the way that Adam did as a sacrifice.
  6. The devil brings fire and torches Adam and Eve, but God spares them even through their scorched skin remains.
  7. Adam and Eve decide to pay penance to God by standing in water up to their necks for many days - Eve:35 and Adam:40.  The devil comes to Eve in the water and tempts her out of it.  Adam finds out and is sorely despondent.
  8. The devil kills Adam by throwing something at him and blood and water flow from Adam.  God raises him from the dead again and tells Adam that blood and water will flow again someday.
  9. Apparently, Adam and Eve do not know what sex is or what children are and apparently God never told them to "be fruitful and multiply" as he did in the Bible.  In this book, the devil comes to Adam to "tempt" him to marry Eve.  He makes Adam swear an oath to him by shaking hands that Adam will do what the devil says.  They shake on it.  Adam, after hearing about marriage, is afraid to marry Eve because he thinks God will be mad.
  10. So, the devil appears to Adam and Eve in the form of several beautiful women who explain wives, husbands, and children to them.  The devil believes that if Adam and Eve reproduce that God will kill them.
  14. Eve wants to have her sons marry each others' twin sister.  Cain is jealous of his sister and beats and curses Eve.
  15. Adam and Eve only had 5 children.  They stopped having sex having sex after the birth of Seth.  Adam moves out of the cave and away from Eve.
  16. The devil appears to Adam as a beautiful woman and tries to seduce him into marrying "her" and having children with "her".
  17. God stops that and tells Adam to move back in with Eve, but that he will "quell the animal lust" in Adam so he and Eve won't have sex again.

Without exception.

That sounds like an episode from the Dr. Phil Show. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

15 hours ago, Jayne said:

Without exception.

As an example of some books that are considered lost, I posted the link in hopes that, like you, people would know what to stay away from.  There are many more books that some wanted included into scripture that are just as bad, if not worse.  I hope you did not see my link as me favoring these books by trying to introduce them for people to follow ...

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Jayne said:

How do you know that fact?  I for one have been reading the bible for 29 years, and I don't mean just skimming through the pages here and there, but strongly studying.  So when I read these "other books", I can make an informed decision.  I cannot speak for others however.

I read the first two books:  The First and Second Books of Adam and Eve.  It took me two hours.  That's two hours of my life that I cannot get back. 

I read the books three times, and going over it again to pick up what I missed.  The first time nearly knocked me off my chair, it was hard to take it all in.  To say you lost two hours of your life really baffles me?  Honestly, did you not learn anything?

1. Can you not comprehend the sorrow Adam felt from being kicked out of paradise?  being thrust out into what would of been another world to him, ...the opposite to beautiful, an ugly strange land with stones large and small and with sand?  You didn't pick up that inside the garden, it was different?  What about when he tried to get back into the garden and he was met with a cherub carrying a sword of flashing fire, fiercely guarding that entrance and causing so much fear in Adam as if ready to kill him?....What would you do if you never saw darkness, only light, then was suddenly thrust into a dark cave not even being able to see your hand?  Would you not feel destitute?  Would you not want to end your life also, fearing a life without God's love and protection?  Obviously you cannot pick up on Adam's sorrow in trying to kill himself, and Eve doing the same after him, ...afraid and all alone in this strange place?, and you cannot picture God's mercy, and his love for them in bringing them back to life?  There's nothing new under the sun, and Lazarus was not the first to be brought back from the dead, nor was the little boy in the OT that Elijah brought back to life (1 Kings 17:22).....Nothing new under the sun.

What's so strange about that?  No hope, knowing you have disappointed God feeling empty and cast out. Wouldn't you not want to live?  I felt just by reading the story what Adam and Eve felt.

We have to read carefully, and not just speed read. 

2 And as they prayed, Adam raised his eyes, and saw the rock and the roof of the cave that covered him overhead, so that he could see neither heaven, nor God's creatures. So he wept and smote heavily upon his breast, until he dropped, and was as dead.

3 And Eve sat weeping; for she believed he was dead.

Adam often "fainted", or "passed out".  To Eve he was as dead.  Other times he did die, but what does this teach us?.....there is no easy way out.  Once God has decided to put us through a great tribulation or punishment for disobeying him, not even death will escape us until we have served every last minute of it.

Revelation 9:6   And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

1. Quote

What a merciful God.  He understands, and he saves them.  They have many more lessons to learn first, and these lessons will be passed down onto their generations.  The story and the hardships, and their affliction for disobeying God WILL BE TOLD and not HID.

And God did not tell them to do this, but was pleased and accepted their sacrifice.  Adam thought of this on his own.   God gave Adam a prophecy, do you deny that God made a sacrifice on the cross thousands of years later?

And what was God trying to teach them through this?  The answer is here and it is self explanatory, plain and simple in God's own words.

Chapter 46;

4 And God said unto Adam, "See Satan's love for thee, who pretended to give thee the Godhead and greatness; and, behold, he burns thee with fire, and seeks to destroy thee from off the earth.

5 "Then look at Me, O Adam; I created thee, and how many times have I delivered thee out of his hand? If not, would he not have destroyed thee?"

6 God said again to Eve, "What is that he promised thee in the garden, saying, 'At the time ye shall eat of the tree, your eyes will be opened, and you shall become like gods, knowing good and evil.' But lo! he has burnt your bodies with fire, and has made you taste the taste of fire, for the taste of the garden; and has made you see the burning of fire, and the evil thereof, and the power it has over you.

7 "Your eyes have seen the good he has taken from you, and in truth he has opened your eyes; and you have seen the garden in which ye were with Me, and ye have also seen the evil that has come upon you from Satan. But as to the Godhead he cannot give it you, neither fulfil his speech to you. Nay, he was bitter against you and your seed, that will come after you."

7.Adam and Eve decide to pay penance to God by standing in water up to their necks for many days - Eve:35 and Adam:40.  The devil comes to Eve in the water and tempts her out of it.  Adam finds out and is sorely despondent.

Something new to learn for those with ears.  When we repent, and go out of our comfort zone to show God we are sorry, the devil simply does not like it, and will do whatever he can to distract us.

8.  The devil kills Adam by throwing something at him and blood and water flow from Adam.  God raises him from the dead again and tells Adam that blood and water will flow again someday.

Doesn't this remind us of something else that was to happen?  Something very significant?  Adam would not be here to witness, but he would know about it, that they would also do this to our Lord.

9.  Apparently, Adam and Eve do not know what sex is or what children are and apparently God never told them to "be fruitful and multiply" as he did in the Bible.  In this book, the devil comes to Adam to "tempt" him to marry Eve.  He makes Adam swear an oath to him by shaking hands that Adam will do what the devil says.  They shake on it.  Adam, after hearing about marriage, is afraid to marry Eve because he thinks God will be mad.

You don't find it strange that Adam has not experienced "Lust" until this happened?  They were not initially put here on this earth to serve the flesh.  Satan however, came with his host, and showed Adam what sex was by giving him a display....and Adam started burning for Eve.  Adam knew enough that he would not marry Eve until God gave permission, and God gave it and they didn't run off and do it straight away, but fasted and prayed 40 days or so first.  Adam is learning not to do anything without God's order.  He's getting the message.

That's right, Satan knows if Adam goes his own way without God's permission and counsel, then God will be very angry with them.....but guess what?  Adam and Eve were tempted and seduced many times by the devil, and God did not kill them, but delivered them from his hands.  The devil was always hoping for God to kill man, and still is.

You find this hard to believe?  Twins?  Who ever heard of such a thing?

Was not Jacob a twin, and God hated his brother Esau?

Wow, and again!  A reason now for Cain to get jealous.  He has to marry the ugly sister.

The girls were not mentioned in Genesis, because it was about the first murder.  It was between the two boys, about jealousy and murder, ...the innocent one gets killed, and the murderer cast out.  The small details about the girls and they being twins were left out, but not hidden from us completely as we now find out.

Yes, Esau did the same with Jacob.

I think that makes sense to marry them off to the other set.  Cain has evil in him, do you think he is going to respect his mother?

Yes they did.  I even find this amazing.  Adam feels not right having lust and prays to be delivered from "Animal lusts"  Adam likens it to the animals mating.  He doesn't feel comfortable and God delivered him.  It does mention that Adam was the only one that God delivered of this.  So it's unusual, and shows that Adam is eager to please God in the spirit over the flesh.  Adam does not stay away from Eve forever though, only for a time.

There were no other people around then.  The devil tried every single trick in his book to seduce and deceive.  He uses people today to do his bidding.

Gods angels don't have sex, Jesus didn't have sex, God doesn't have sex and neither will we after the resurrection, but the whole world is having sex and when I turn on the tv it's all sex sex sex, lust, lust, lust, and no mention of God.

Without exception.

Why?

Because you never heard of it before and it sounds strange?  I thought the bible was strange at first, because it was all new to me.  I had never heard of beasts with 10 heads before, and serpents talking, and giants, but now I'm familiar, because it's soaked in and it's not so strange anymore.

Can I ask you something.  Only the 144,000 know a song that no man knows but them.  Do you find this strange also?

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

This is good. It is making obvious those here who go beyond Scripture.

Yowm

If you can't accept it, then it's not given to you.  No one is saying that you have to accept it, but I will defend it.  These books are from the old world, for their generations to learn from, just like we rely on the OT and the NT and all things that happened, we believe and learn from it.  They had the same, and this book was even preserved for us to read today and compare.  There are many things in there mentioning Christ.  Nothing in this book glorifies Satan or man, but God.  Satan has been working very hard from the beginning.

That dark cave that Adam and Eve were sent to is just like today.  Many are still in darkness, and even though they have the scriptures, they keep relying on man to tell them what to do, and not God.  Satan uses man today to keep the captives captive.  To attack, to close our eyes and our ears, to keep us prisoners and block us from all truth.

Here's a question that I would like answered;

What's the story behind Lamech?  Who was the man that he slain and also the young youth?  See if you can find the answer in the scriptures.

Why just throw that in there without any explanation?  It doesn't make sense?

Genesis 4:23   And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

Genesis 4:24   If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

Genesis 4:25   And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Genesis 4:26   And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Like I said, it makes obvious those who go beyond Scripture. Your allegorizations do not persuade me one iota.

Yowm, that's ok.  No one is forcing you.  I do not take offense, but I will defend.