Heavenunlimited

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Hello brothers and sisters, the apocryphic books, I dont know much about them just brief, are they useful today? We have the Word howcome they were created in the first place and why?  I know other movements such as the new age among others uses their existence as a proof the bibles been tampered with.   What do you have to say about them? As I dont know much. Im convinced though that what we have is more than enough. But just the fact that theyre used to prove the bible wrong say to me theres something more, sinister with them. You know what that is?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Depends on which books you are speaking of for that word covers a bunch of books.

You don't need anything else to be saved. But there is some history that is kind of interesting.  One does need to know the word well before getting involved with them.   If you or anyone would question the Bible over any of then I would not read them at all.

If you haven't read the Bible at least a half dozen times leave them alone 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

There were many other letters circulating that some wanted to be part of scripture, but did not hold up to scripture.  Here is a quick list from Wikipedia.

Thing is, they contradicted scripture so were never listed in scripture.  I believe the RCC included the Apocrypha, which was removed later.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Hello brothers and sisters, the apocryphic books, I dont know much about them just brief, are they useful today? We have the Word howcome they were created in the first place and why?  I know other movements such as the new age among others uses their existence as a proof the bibles been tampered with.   What do you have to say about them? As I dont know much. Im convinced though that what we have is more than enough. But just the fact that theyre used to prove the bible wrong say to me theres something more, sinister with them. You know what that is?

The reason for the creation of the Canon was because there were so many books being written that they were causing confusion.  Also, the Gnostic's were using Christian themes to put forth their teaching, hence the need for a canon.   However, the canon was not put together to be used the way it is today.  Tradition is also part of the church's history and when that is not understood you get what happens today.  Not all of the developments in the church were a part of the books in the canon since they dealt with the experiences of the early Church with the Risen Lord.   Lots of sects who each pound the bible to their own beat and believe they are following the truth.  Each goes his or her own way and believes they have the right to condemn anyone who disagrees.  A scandal to the world.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Heavenunlimited said:

We have the Word howcome they were created in the first place and why?

If you know anything about the wiles of Satan, you would know that he presents himself as an angel of light.  That is why and how those non-canonical books came about, especially through the Gnostics (after the New Testament was written).  The Gnostics wanted you to know that there was hidden esoteric "knowledge" (Greek gnosis) above and beyond the Scriptures, and reserved for the spiritual "elite".  But when you compare the false Gospel and epistles to the Word of God, you can see immediately how absurd they are.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

a couple of the apocryphal books are at best, interesting, though non inspired, historical reference books, however most, are what I would call "heresy" and they should not be accepted as scripture, or even as 100% fact.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Your print is hard for me to read. It is very light. The book of Revelation is a good book to read to understand the tribulation and the 1000 year millennium and the end of time.