LadyKay

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

M wife and I were in her boat back in the early 00's when our ears and check book liked what we herd (meaning prosperity and feel good) then when we started finding holes in the boat that's when the Lord had me search out her life not her words and that showed us her fruits (actions speak louder than words) and you are judging fruit not the person directly. I should add that it is not just Joyce we also used the searching for other preachers on tv the same way and found more than one tickling ears.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

A lot of christian tv if not most is more about performance its a industry that is very lucrative. A legitimate preacher can be caught in that but when they move from preaching the Word to maintaining the performance they end having to always top last week performance and it ends up more about maintaining the show then following the Spirit. When the money starts rolling in they take that as a sign of sucees and gods leading them further into the industry. Pretty soon they got building programs and start to get totely obsessed with raising money when they get in trouble fanacialy they are forced by there own doing to beg. Have to play on emotions or make promises that tickle the ears. Not all  but some are never about building Gods kingdom but there own. This is serious and is hindering us from the truth of the gospel. To those we are to reach this is a big stumbling block. I have no ill towards these i leave there fate to God. Eachs work will be tested by fire (this includes mine) i believe both in the goodness and severity. And i tremble at his word. May the grace of Jesus Christ keep us in His Love

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Good for You!:)

What! You mean we agree on something! :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, Prophet of change Lou L said:

A lot of christian tv if not most is more about performance its a industry that is very lucrative. A legitimate preacher can be caught in that but when they move from preaching the Word to maintaining the performance they end having to always top last week performance and it ends up more about maintaining the show then following the Spirit. When the money starts rolling in they take that as a sign of sucees and gods leading them further into the industry. Pretty soon they got building programs and start to get totely obsessed with raising money when they get in trouble fanacialy they are forced by there own doing to beg. Have to play on emotions or make promises that tickle the ears. Not all  but some are never about building Gods kingdom but there own. This is serious and is hindering us from the truth of the gospel. To those we are to reach this is a big stumbling block. I have no ill towards these i leave there fate to God. Eachs work will be tested by fire (this includes mine) i believe both in the goodness and severity. And i tremble at his word. May the grace of Jesus Christ keep us in His Love

I think they(the tv pastors) have to say things that make people feel good. Other wise people wouldn't watch. Kind of like them "self-help self-empowering " talks. Some Christians just want a little bit of Jesus but not enough where they have to make real changes to their life.  I  still have much to think about concerning all of this. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

28 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I think they(the tv pastors) have to say things that make people feel good. Other wise people wouldn't watch. Kind of like them "self-help self-empowering " talks. Some Christians just want a little bit of Jesus but not enough where they have to make real changes to their life.  I  still have much to think about concerning all of this. 

I agree that some people want just enough of Jesus to be considered saved.  What I see from a lot of teachers/preachers you speak of is they will take the desires of the flesh and try to show how God will provide them with what they want.  One example is the "name it and claim it" group who claim that we were promised an abundant life.  They take the wants of people and promise them that if they have enough faith God will give them the desires of their heart.  They do this by twisting scripture, as in Psalm 37:4 where we read "Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." and John 10:10 where we read "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."  They take these two verses, and more, and twist them to teach that God is like Santa and will give you what you want.  God tells us He will provide us with what we need, not what we want, UNLESS, what we want is in His will.  In a nutshell, they force people to covet and envy, both sins, and if they do not get the desires of their heart, it is due to not having enough faith.

This is just one example of many on how scripture can be twisted for profit ... theirs.  People who teach, no matter where they teach, should be very careful not to twist scripture in order to prove a point or gain favor in mans eyes.

We all should heed the warning in James 3:1-12

My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. Indeed, we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.

See how great a forest a little fire kindles! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

20 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Congratulation! A few of the people here  have caused me to change my mind about something. After all the debates and arguments you have won me over to your side on something. There was a post about Joyce Meyer being a false teacher. I have listen to Joyce Meyers and I have enjoyed her "feel good" message from time to time. I've never been a fan but I found her enjoyable. But after some of you here started saying that she is a false teacher. I started looking into that, and after seeing a few Youtube clips about her and what she is saying, I now think that what she is teaching is questionable. It seem as though she is using Scripture in away that seems right but is not the true message of the Scripture. I'm still not sure of everything I mean if it is her intent to miss lead people or if she is mislead herself. In other words I do not know her heart and some of the things she says are uplifting. But like I said I am now a bit more cautious of her message and feel some of what she says is questionable. So there you are. You won me over with a debate. 

Good for you sister. Meyer is one of those false prosperity preachers that believes that God meant for everyone to be rich and prosperous. She also believes that Jesus suffered in hellfire for our sins and that we are all gods. I could go on and on about her and others like her but would literally take a day and a half to get it all down.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/24/1987

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

What I see from a lot of teachers/preachers you speak of is they will take the desires of the flesh and try to show how God will provide them with what they want.  One example is the "name it and claim it" group who claim that we were promised an abundant life.  They take the wants of people and promise them that if they have enough faith God will give them the desires of their heart.  They do this by twisting scripture, as in Psalm 37:4 where we read "Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." and John 10:10 where we read "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."  They take these two verses, and more, and twist them to teach that God is like Santa and will give you what you want.  God tells us He will provide us with what we need, not what we want, UNLESS, what we want is in His will.  In a nutshell, they force people to covet and envy, both sins, and if they do not get the desires of their heart, it is due to not having enough faith.

This is just one example of many on how scripture can be twisted for profit ... theirs.  People who teach, no matter where they teach, should be very careful not to twist scripture in order to prove a point or gain favor in mans eyes.

So true. Much of my family is still part of the name it and claim it group. Although, not to the extent they were before. But it's definitely still lingering there. It's incredibly detrimental. It severed my relationship with God as a child. I went from reading the Bible and praying everyday as a young teen to being pretty angry at God for years because of this false doctrine. It was applied to miraculous healing as well. And everytime someone died, I was told they didn't have enough faith. So when those I deeply cared for, first a teacher... died of cancer. Then later my pastor - liver failure. Then a few years later, his wife - breast cancer (They were not prosperity preachers). I kept praying and kept watching people die. Everytime being told it was their own fault. I began to deeply distrust God. It felt like he was punishing them and rewarding others by healing them. Like the ones who got healed..earned it.  I was young and naive. I just wish I hadn't been told that God always does what we ask if we have enough faith. That's having faith in our own will...not God's. Aw well. I know the truth now. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, Pie said:

So true. Much of my family is still part of the name it and claim it group. Although, not to the extent they were before. But it's definitely still lingering there. It's incredibly detrimental. It severed my relationship with God as a child. I went from reading the Bible and praying everyday as a young teen to being pretty angry at God for years because of this false doctrine. It was applied to miraculous healing as well. And everytime someone died, I was told they didn't have enough faith. So when those I deeply cared for, first a teacher... died of cancer. Then later my pastor - liver failure. Then a few years later, his wife - breast cancer (They were not prosperity preachers). I kept praying and kept watching people die. Everytime being told it was their own fault. I began to deeply distrust God. It felt like he was punishing them and rewarding others by healing them. Like the ones who got healed..earned it.  I was young and naive. I just wish I hadn't been told that God always does what we ask if we have enough faith. That's having faith in our own will...not God's. Aw well. I know the truth now. 

Though I am saddened by your testimony, I praise the Lord for your understanding through all this.  Sometimes we do have to go through the muck and mire to understand the truth.  I know I had to.  Through the hardest times we come away with the best lessons learned.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

22 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Thank you sister for the update. It just takes time to research, listen and discern what they are saying and what they are NOT saying.

I've been thru all of them and any time something seems off, I look into it cuz I don't want to be fooled again.

Great biblical hermanuetics in a preacher is rare these days but God bless those who remain strong until Jesus returns again.

Question everything, ask ask and research, that's how I got out of the Roman Catholic wheel of guilt, shame, you need to do more to be sin free etc. .

No. The Bible clearly and plainly tells us that Jesus has done it all. Nothing we do is needed for only He is our Salvation!

I believe only the blood of christ takes away sins. But after we are forgiven and have the gift of the Holy spirit we have a lot of work to do. God is making us into the image of christ. So we have to walk in these things like Peter said add to your faith goodness and add to goodness knowledge  and add to knowledge godliness. And so forth.  Till christ comes he will be conforming us into that image. That's part of our Salvation.Its sanctification. Without sanctification no one will see the lord. That's in Hebrews . So it's not only about being forgiven.