• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Dreams are dreams. We all have them. My question would be how would you know, without  shadow of a doubt, that the dream was from God?

Well rather it was from God or from my own brain. It made be feel better about some stuff in my life right now. It reminded me of what I needed to know. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well rather it was from God or from my own brain. It made be feel better about some stuff in my life right now. It reminded me of what I needed to know. 

While everything else slows down while we sleep our brain keeps going. Dreams are just a way for our subconscious to process our thoughts while we are asleep.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

55 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Freud saw all dreams as a wish fulfillment. This dream is probably a wish fulfillment because it made you feel good. But my own studies have lead me to believe some dreams are fears being expressed. Again the clue is the emotions in the dream. And remember the symbols are usually just symbols not to be taken literally. What I mean is whatever you're wishing for and feeling like it will come may not have anything to do with church or even money. But it is a positive dream and that's always a good thing.

Edited by JTC

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ha,  Safe again from having your name placed over a stained glass window eh?

Just think of all those patrons and matrons that have remembrance of  purchasing a chunk of glass at the Crystal Cathedral, at a mere $100,000 per if I remember. I had opportunity for one of the last two, but  I knew my bank wouldn't approve the loan in time. But, the pitch to me  was worth the time invested. Quite fun actually.

Now it is  Roman Catholic property instead of Schuller's House of God's.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 18/02/2017 at 10:01 PM, LadyKay said:

I don't really like posting my dreams but this one was different. I kind of think that God communicates with me through my dreams sometimes. I can't say for sure if that is 100% true but I do wonder sometimes. So anywhere here goes:

So I had this dream and in the dream I was in church. The pastor is telling me that there was a person who had wrote a book about the church, and that everyone who attends the church will be getting payments every month from the sale of the book.  So he hands me this check and I am thinking it is just a little check and no big deal. But then I look at the check and the amount on the check is $2,600.00  !    Then the pastor tells me I will be getting this amount every month! And I am like blown away! Then somewhere a voice or thought comes to me and says to me "God provides even when you don't know how it will happen."  Then I woke up!

I don't know if this is a message or not but it made me feel better about things in my life right now. 

I agree with JTC this is a good dream and I would go further and say that it was your subconscience helping your conscience mind to be relieved of the stress you were feeling over your current money worries. In fact I would go deeper still and say that your knowledge of God's Word was used by your subconscience to project God in your dream as your pastor and the Bible was represented as the book that was being sold and earning you the money each month, because the Bible is a continual source of reassurance and help. The amount of $2600 I dare say would be more than enough to cover your current said money concerns. And here is the bit that confirms this message came from God - via His Word and into your dream: "God provides even when you don't know how it will happen." 

So stop worrying if you haven't already as God is going to be right therefore you, just trust Him. You are blessed in Jesus' name.

Edited by When Is Jesus Coming?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Dreams may come from the many cares of the day or days........

King James Bible
For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
Ecclesiastes 5:3

Is it a sign or dream from God?

King James Bible
If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
Dueteronomy 13:1

So,we test the spirits,we look to the Word of God .....if it is from God,is this a GIFT? Is it a one time message?

King James Bible
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1 Corinthians 14:32

So,should I share this with others? Will it be for edification?The Building up of others,the church?

King James Bible
Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
1 Corinthians 14:12

Or shall I be still & wait on the Lord......or is it simply,the multitude of business?Hmmmmm

• Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/19/2017 at 9:26 AM, Jaydog1976 said:

Dreams are dreams. We all have them. My question would be how would you know, without  shadow of a doubt, that the dream was from God? I don't doubt the sincerity of the post however I do question whether the dream was really from God or just a normal everyday dream. Like missmuffet said above the dream has to line up with scripture and it's interpretation must be vetted against it. My thought is that posting a dream will varying responses and many of them, if not most of them will not be a correct interpretation. 

Again I don't doubt the sincerity but I doubt the validity that it was from God. Here is a great verse to keep in mind when dealing with dreams and similar things, I John 4:1, "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." We need to be careful that we don't take something that is a normal everyday part of life and somehow think it comes from God. There is an inherent danger in this type of thinking and it tends to lend itself to false teaching and doctrines.

Not necessarily so; in my experience they aren't anyway.  I dreamed of a church where there was none, and a large white building where I knew it was impossible to build. And yet, I  had the dream again and again, until I visited the place of the dream, and there was the church  all new, that had not been there before,  and the huge all white condo building on the side of a near cliff like property beside my old place of employment I was visiting at the demand of my old employer to please come back there to work there yet again.-2800 miles away from where I had comfortably settled. I attended the church to see  what it was about, only to be at a special dire financial needs congregation meeting. I happened to have the key to their physical problem which allowed them to then grow rapidly and out grow their crushing $5,000,000 construction debt, if I took the job being offered me, as I would have control over the use of the vacant land next to the church.  And that was that- God moved me 2800 miles for that one simple task, not because of my talent, but because I was the cog He wanted to have turned that  others may have their ministry serve Him.

I didn't need to line it up with the word of God from the Bible. I just had to move as the Holy Spirit demanded of me.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Not necessarily so, in my experience they aren't anyway.  I dreamed of a church where there was none, and a large white building where I knew it was impossible to build. And yet, I  had the dream again and again, until I visited the place of the dream, and there was the church  all new, that had not been there before,  and the huge all white condo building on the side of a near cliff like property beside my old place of employment I was visited at the demand of mu old employer to come back there to work yet again.-2800 miles away from where i had comfortably settled. I attended the church to see  what it was about, only to be at a special dire financial needs congregation meeting. I happened to have the key to their physical problem which allowed them to then grow rapidly and out grow their crushing $5,000,000 construction debt, if I took the job being offered me, as I would have control over the use of the vacant land next to the church.  And that was that- God moved me 2800 miles for that one simple task, not because of my talent, but because I was the cog He wanted to have turned that  others may have their ministry serve Him.

I didn't need to line it up with the word of God from the Bible. I just had to move as the Holy Spirit demanded of me.

Ok. I don't see anywhere in your dream where you are claiming some special revelation from God or odd stuff. You just had a dream, that God gave you, and you knew it was from God. If this was a dream from God then that's cool. I won't argue that fact. I still stand by my statement yet I won't discuss the point further because like I said I think there may be dreams out there that are of God and they are few and far between. Enough said from me since I can't confirm or deny the existence of dreams.