• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, other one said:

but keep in mind that he told us that if we love him we will do the things he told us to do

good point- but we do that after we are saved--- it is not what saves us--- if  a person thinks that doing that saves them- they miss the point--- obedience comes out of love and gratitude for salvation--- we can not have gratitude if we think we are doing something so we can be saved~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ before we are saved he is our judge and his words condemn us--- how can we love a person like that???~~~~~ but when we know he saved us, then we can joyfully love him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings......

For me personally,that little 2 letter WORD is the LOUDEST,most POWERFUL Word in all of the Bible    "IF"     If we truly Love Jesus then that is the HEART of the Greatest of ALL His Commands

"IF" we LOVE Jesus,as The ONE TRUE LIVING GOD then we cannot help but Loving others as we Love ourselves......Can you steal from someone you love,lie to them,covet what is theirs,bear false witness against them,murder them?.....No way!!!!   Loving God with all our hearts all our mind ,soul & strength is the core of our Relationship with HIM ...& in Christ,we can do ALL things in Him Who Strengthens us.............                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

You know kwik this is what I was about to type until I saw your post. If you love your neighbor you are following the commandments. That is why it is one if not the greatest commandment that you love your neighbor as yourself. Would you steal from yourself. Would you Bear false witness against yourself. If you can't do it to yourself why would you do it to someone else. It's kind of like taking a walk in their shoes. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

If you can't do it to yourself why would you do it to someone else. It's kind of like taking a walk in their shoes.

exactly:rolleyes:

Guest shiloh357
On 2/26/2017 at 6:55 PM, other one said:

If you read Matthew chapter 25 carefully you can get an explanation of how Jesus will judge people, and the group of people who are sent to hell did not break any of the ten commandments. 

We should be teaching keeping Jesus's two commandments and not the ten.

That is not about a judgment of individual people, but of nations.   It is a retelling of the prophecy of the judgment of valley of Jehoshahpat in Joel 3. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Disagree

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Would you agree it takes place after the Tribulation and before the Millennium reign of Christ?

I really hadn't considered the timing....  that would take some pondering on my part. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, woundeddog said:

Do you need to obey the ten commandments to be saved?~~yes

God gave us the ten  commandments as a way to know what we had to do to be perfect before him, he accepts nothing less than a totally Holy life to spend eternity with him. He is Holy and only Holy people can spend eternity with him. So if you try and keep the Ten Commandments and fail, you are no longer Holy and are now inedible for heaven. Bible says if you break one of the commandments , you have broken them all.

All through history people have been aware that God had standards and they tried to make up for their failure to meet his expectations--- failure means separation from God, no entry into heaven- eternity in hell, they knew instinctively that they failed, but tried to make up for it somehow--  But God would not except their filthy pathetic attempts.

God knows we cannot meet his requirements for heaven, How can a loving God have standards so high that no one can meet them?? Is that really Love??? He is sovereign and Holy, he can do as he pleases.

The good news is that he pleases Him to help us. He does not lower his standards because to do so would allow sin and he has a clear picture of what it would be like for an eternal being to have to live in sin forever, so what he did instead was to come down to where we live right here on planet earth, get his feet dirty and his hair wet when it rains, tired and hungry just like us. Bible says his name is Emmanuel~~God, with us.

Jesus, our Emmanuel lived a perfect life. Dirty feet, wet hair- hungry, tired for 33 years and did not break one of the Ten Commandments- ever- not one.

God says if we break a commandment we must die ( The wages of sin is death) Jesus did not break any commandments, he was exempt from death- Jesus could live forever in his earthly body- he did not have to experience the pain and fear of death.

God had said that the only way to pay for sin was with perfect blood. The Bible says the Life is in the blood--- to shed Blood means to die.

A goat, a bull, a lamb, was not equal to a man, but the animals blood was used to symbolize the fact that perfect blood was coming. When you go into a store and see a sign on an item that says “SOLD”  its sold, but it hasn’t been paid for yet—the traditional animal blood sacrifice marked the believer “sold” but not paid for yet. When Jesus Shed his blood- the price was paid.

The bible says not one jot or title of the law ( ten commandments) will pass away- that means always the ten commandments where  the standard for Gods acceptance.

Jesus said “ I come not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it”  He meant, I know you can’t keep it, but I am not going to make it go away, but I will keep it for you. How?- here’s a picture- you are old weak and feeble, there is a big snow storm that dumps many inches of snow on your driveway- there is no way you can get rid of the snow. Some one who cares for you comes and shovels your snow away~~~ Jesus care- he shovels away our sin.

So, what does this all mean for the pathetic helpless sinner going to hell? It means that God is a loving God, it means there is hope, it means you can be Holy and be with God in heaven. HOW, PLEASE GOD TELL ME HOW.  Believe Gods Word, Bible says he shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly,  Jesus perfect life could be credited to us, his shed blood would be the perfect sacrifice to pay for our sin.

Christ said, “whoever comes to me I will not cast out”,,

“whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved”

“the righteous shall live by faith”

“And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”~~~~ for us also, believe God paid for your sin and be a friend of God

He will see you as Holy based on what Christ did for us

We cannot obey the Ten commandments, but Jesus did it for us , if you trust him and accept the fact that he did-=-- that is the only key to heaven for sinners like us

Baptism

Church membership

Sinners prayer

Asking Jesus into your heart

Sincerely trying to be good

Tithing and charitable acts~~~~~

All tickets to hell, only faith in Gods promise that Jesus lived the commandments for us, and still died and shed his blood as a sacrifice that we could not pay, --- only simple faith in that alone will make you holy enough to see God in heaven

Nearly everything you put down was spot on except the first line, which could have been worded better

If we could be saved by obeying the ten commandments perfectly then Jesus would never have had to die for us to begin with.

We are saved by grace not by works. It is BECAUSE none of us can ever keep the ten commandments that Christ gave His life for us.

Now being saved doesn't give is license to continue to live an unregenerate life. But we obey the law out of a love for Him, not because we HAVE to obey to be saved. We are no longer under the Law of works.

Eph

2:8   For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2:9   Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Nearly everything you put down was spot on except the first line, which could have been worded better

maybe you are right-- but the guidelines for a perfect life that would be acceptable to God are the Ten Commandments----- so technically if we could possibly keep the ten perfectly , we would not need to be saved- ( no sin, no condemnation)-- so since we cant  keep them we are in sin and need Christ only- I could have offered these thought differently but didn't think of it at the time

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

okay- I've thought about this some more-- the correct statement should have been ~~~~" You Have to keep the Ten Commandments to go to heaven"  ~~~~~~~( and since we cant, we need Christ)

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, woundeddog said:

okay- I've thought about this some more-- the correct statement should have been ~~~~" You Have to keep the Ten Commandments to go to heaven"  ~~~~~~~( and since we cant, we need Christ)

Yeah that works better ;)