IGNORED

Our southern border is under daily assault...

MorningGlory

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

If I run across anyone like that I will keep it in mind.  Thanks for the advice.  But,  it seems the Mods think we need to move on, so I will remove myself from the thread.

Have a wonderful day. 

You as well.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

17 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Just responding to the point made in the post I replied to.  I do not think that we will have the enemy swimming up on our shores like the South Koreans have to worry about. 

But I am 100% serious about the military defending our border, and I have been since my time in the military.   It is inconceivable to me that we would sacrifice our people in places like Vietnam and Iraq and now maybe Syria but we won't use them to actually defend the country.   If defending the borders is not the very textbook definition of "common defense" I do not know what would be. 

People are willing to waste 20 or more billion dollars plus upkeep to build a monstrosity but they all freak out at the idea of the military doing what they should be doing.  Just makes no sense

I actually partially agree with this assertion. I'm not sure how it would work with regards to posse comitatus though, unless they were deployed on the Mexican side.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I actually partially agree with this assertion. I'm not sure how it would work with regards to posse comitatus though, unless they were deployed on the Mexican side.

You make crossing the border illegally an act of aggression and then it is not a domestic issue any more.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 minute ago, Out of the Shadows said:

You make crossing the border illegally an act of aggression and then it is not a domestic issue any more.

Well, that would work probably, but the posse comitatus act would probably still have to be amended. A lot would have to change politically for that to be possible.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Well, that would work probably, but the posse comitatus act would probably still have to be amended. A lot would have to change politically for that to be possible.

Which will never happen, it is much simpler to spend 20 billion dollars we do not have than the come together politically.