• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

31 minutes ago, KPaulG said:

You love driving, don't you? I've been a driver for 8 days.

Sure I love driving.  I love following  the entirety of automobile history. I have attended  Monterey Car week, gone to some of the bigger auctions like Mecum at Kissimmee, and bought my 1942 Chevy 3100 pu at a car corral at an auction locally.  I am watching for a 1946 Chevy pu  very much like mine that will run through  Mecum at Houston  in a few weeks from now.  I register and track the prices  of what does move at the auctions.  I don't do much with it, it is just fun and pretty much free. Except when a rarity like my 42 pops up. 

I will be going to the Peterson Museum hopefully in a week or if not then, later this summer. I can't pass up the opportunity to see what others have accomplished in the way  of restoring and caring for cars and trucks of all kinds.

But like every  person that cares about you, I encourage you to resist the street racing and speeding on open highways! Find a safer outlet if you want to pursue it that will not be likely to hurt anyone, some organized place and manner of competing.

It is busy out there, too busy for what we used to do pretty safely in the "olden"days.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

BSA and taxis then, a Ford Focus now :)

A wild man on a BSA in the tule fog? or an LA city dweller?  Taxis? ??? Wow taxis.

I lived under the shadow of the mouse ears back before signal lights, when everything was four way stop signs. We would get out around  the quarter horse track  at Los Alamitos back when the area was Dairy Valley and let the engines loose for miles and miles of nothing, just stand on the pedal and roll till the speedometer maxed out, if the motor could stand it. Brakes would fade so badly, at those speeds we would just coast from about 60 mph on to a slow smoking stop after a run. Can't do stupid like that anymore. I guess that's a good thing. Amazing what stupid stuff we survived, odds must be near zero if one tired it today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Sure I love driving.  I love following  the entirety of automobile history. I have attended  Monterey Car week, gone to some of the bigger auctions like Mecum at Kissimmee, and bought my 1942 Chevy 3100 pu at a car corral at an auction locally.  I am watching for a 1946 Chevy pu  very much like mine that will run through  Mecum at Houston  in a few weeks from now.  I register and track the prices  of what does move at the auctions.  I don't do much with it, it is just fun and pretty much free. Except when a rarity like my 42 pops up. 

I will be going to the Peterson Museum hopefully in a week or if not then, later this summer. I can't pass up the opportunity to see what others have accomplished in the way  of restoring and caring for cars and trucks of all kinds.

But like every  person that cares about you, I encourage you to resist the street racing and speeding on open highways! Find a safer outlet if you want to pursue it that will not be likely to hurt anyone, some organized place and manner of competing.

It is busy out there, too busy for what we used to do pretty safely in the "olden"days.

Thanks, Neighbor.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:02 AM, KPaulG said:

It's a beginner's permit. Passed the the first time

Hi KPaulG,

Congratulations. You have done so well. Now just keep to the right side of the road, but then of course, `down under` (Aussie) the right, correct side of the road is the left. Have I confused you. Anyway all the best & you have grown into such a lovely young man of God.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Hi KpaulG.   I have  a tip for you.  As you know, you are given the privilege to use the nations roadway and highways, so obey the rules and  this is what i really want to say.  Do not gaze, especially when you see the ladies dressed up all nice, it's called temptation to .... . Just a second from taking your eyes off the road can cause smashed vehicles.    :P

Edited by warrior12

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

Tule? Tulare? naww.

Dairy Valley? Maybe Dairyland now called LaPalma.

You must have known Tin Can Beach (now Bolsa Chica), yes those were the days lol.

Tumbleweeds that would roll over cars when the winds blew, orange groves, and cattle, plus miles of strawberry fields, and Knotts was a farm with an tourist attraction that had no entry fee, but did eventually have the John Wayne Theater.  It was where we went on dates when we were nearly broke.

I eventually bought the house at the end of the then closed Los Alamitos reservist base, for $24,000 brand new. Made a fortune when I sold it for $72,000 seven years later. Ha it once sold for $249,000 and who knows how much it might cost today.

All of Saigon flew in over my house oh so low over my house when the base opened up and the C130s came in day and night for what seemed like forever. Soon Westminster and part of Garden Grove literally became Little Saigon. And it just doesn't stop.

Heard on a plane,  about a year ago, a guy chatting about how fortunate he is to be moving to Temecula, that he is going to get in on the ground floor before all the growth starts. Still find that so very different perspective to be funny. 

Now I live in what is a city  at Florida  that when I bought my home here was in a jungle. I couldn't even  find it  the second time in order to go back and buy it. I was lost in the woods out where there were hardly  even roads, just an occasional forest ranger tower. Now I'm deep in the city next to the library, the little league fields, the police station,  the fire station, and 485 stores at the Mall, all while in the very same house.- and  am actively looking at Tennessee, West Virginia, and part of Georgia  for some land away from the crowds.

Seems where I go they soon will follow. Popular guy that I am. Or perhaps I am just another ant on the trail of ants making that sandpile one grain at a time.

Funny how the adventure continues. Why some people are just now getting their drivers licenses! And, are about to begin life seeing the opportunities before them as great wonders to enjoy, many in service to our Lord Jesus. May He make their paths prosperous for their souls and for their bodies as well.

PS kinda wordy this morning, perhaps thinking about So Cal as I will have to fly there next week. Always an adventure in change there, I have to gear up for it or go nuts while there.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

Tule? Tulare? naww.

:thumbsup:

Tule Fog - Fresno - Bakersfield -The Big Valley, lol~!

Zoom~! Zoom~!

Even Those Eighty + Car/Truck Foggy Morning Pileups
On interstate 80 Out Of Fairfield....

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi KPaulG,

Congratulations. You have done so well. Now just keep to the right side of the road, but then of course, `down under` (Aussie) the right, correct side of the road is the left. Have I confused you. Anyway all the best & you have grown into such a lovely young man of God.

Marilyn.

Thanks @Marilyn C. We've not talked in a long time

11 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Hi KpaulG.   I have  a tip for you.  As you know, you are given the privilege to use the nations roadway and highways, so obey the rules and  this is what i really want to say.  Do not gaze, especially when you see the ladies dressed up all nice, it's called temptation to .... . Just a second from taking your eyes off the road can cause smashed vehicles.    :P

Lol :24: