• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

59 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

I posted the Blog in the very post you Replied to here, at the bottom.

The Birth Place of the Anti-Christ Revealed

Isaiah says the Anti-Christ is an Assyrian. The Anti-Christ is said to come to power via the fourth beast in the last days per Daniel Chapter Seven. The Anti-Christ is also said to arise out of the Grecian empire in the last days, so how do we reconcile these different understandings?

This is established fairly easily, Daniel did say the understandings would be bound up until the end. The Anti-Christ in Daniel chapters seven and eight is shown, if read properly, to arise out of two kingdoms at once, but how can this be?

Daniel chapter seven is fairly straightforward, we understand this to be about the four beast systems, the fourth beast is where the little horn (Anti-Christ) will arise out of, most everyone understands the fourth beast to have been Rome, but in the last days/end times this has to be the European Union.

Now Daniel chapter eight is explained in detail by Gabriel the angel, was the he goat (Alexander the Great) conquering Persia ( the Ram ) and Gabriel interpreted this dream for Daniel.

Daniel 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

We should note, this is speaking of the end time, it is not speaking of Antiochus who came before Jesus was even born. The word Indignation means: ( Greek Word za'am meaning Gods Fury at Sin) so at the Last End of Indignation means right before Gods Judgment of Sin/Vials or Bowls of Gods Wrath (Revelation).

20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king. 22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power. ( The Four Generals that stood up in Alexanders stead were Ptolemy , Seleucus , Cassander and Lysimachus. )

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

This is clearly speaking about the end times/last days when the sins have come full/ bowls of Gods wrath, a fierce king shall arise out of one of the four kingdoms that stood up in Alexander the Greats stead, speaking dark sentences (understanding Riddles and conundrums) and he comes to power. 

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: (Satan gives him his power) and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. 25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, (he claims to Be God) and by peace shall destroy many:(Through a Peace/Security Treaty he deceives many) he shall also stand up against the Prince (Jesus) of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Jesus destroys the Anti-Christ his kings and their armies without hand ( with the Sword of the Spirit/Holy Spirit) by the countenance of his coming, Amen. This guy magnifies himself and says in the temple of God, I am God !! 

Now,  so many people say this is about Antiochus, so I always feel the need to prove that this is about the end times, when Gods wrath is come full. This is about the little horn/Anti-Christ. And he arises out of their kingdom in the last days,  so in essence he arises out of one of the Four Generals kingdoms in the last days, but which one ? Well, since the Anti-Christ arises out of the fourth beast also, then this other Kingdom has to lie within the borders of the European Union. Only Cassander's kingdom of Greece is in the European Union !! The "Assyrian" arising from Greece would be very, very possible since Greece shares a border with Turkey, and many, many Turks live in Greece, so the Assyrian Anti-Christ is born in Greece, and comes to power in Greece, then in the European Union. But what does John say in Revelation about the Beast that arises out of the Sea ? By the way, he was on Patmos, a small Greek Island when he saw this vision.

Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The Main body is described by John as like unto a leopard !!

Put it all together, the "Assyrian" Anti-Christ is born in Greece, of Turkish parents or grandparents , he comes to power in the European Union.

This is where the Anti-Christ is from.  

I read that. I thought you had a blog on Worthy or maybe a link to a blog.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Diaste said:

But that doesn't tell me why the fourth beast is Europe. Don't you have chapter and verse that give facts for the 4th beast being Europe? 

Daniel 2 and 7 clearly tells you who it is, just like we are told who Babylon, Persia, and Greece were. Israel was no more at about 125 AD. There are no Beasts after that. Now you name the Four Beast Kingdoms that Conquered/Enslaved/Ruled Israel before 125 AD fro Babylon on. Its not that hard, you guys over-complicate it, mainly because you read the Fourth Beast as Conquering ALL THE EARTH or WORLD, and I showed you how that does not really mean all the world via Nebuchadnezzar, the He Goat (Alexander the Great) an in many other instances. Thus the Fourth Beast is Rome........the Little Horn is an End Tome beast.

Just adding to 7 lets you know Rome and the Little Horn are different Beasts.

Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and ROME are the Six Beasts.......the Little Horn/Anti-Christ/Beast is the Last Head of the Seven Headed Beast. 

As per the Blog. I posted it, I am not sure you can link to outside sites, no need really, I posted it here. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Then read Daniel chapter 8 and you understand Greece defeats Persia, and then the next great Kingdom is Rome

Rome isn't mentioned or implied in any way in Daniel 2, 7, 8, or 11.  You're not giving me or anyone the scriptural evidence we want to see.  

In Daniel 2 I see that the legs of iron and toes mingled with iron and clay as emerging from the geographical area of Greece, and the word ARAB/MIXED also coincides with that as Greece was predominantly a Mid-East kingdom.  

In Daniel 8, the small horn that came up first is the inferior kingdom of Daniel 2.  Merging with the larger horn that 'came up afterwards', (thighs of brass) 'the two horns'... become the Ram or Persian empire destroyed by the he-goat Grecian empire.  ROME is completely eliminated from the mix.  The sequesce in Daniel 2 eliminates Rome;

There's no evidence whatsoever Daniel 7's fearful and dreadful beast is Rome or Europe.  These kingdoms are today peaceful and united, nothing like the description of the iron and clay OR Daniel's 4th beast.

Daniel 8 has a notable horn, a great horn, and a little horn???  Wonder why?  

Edited by fixerupper

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

Now you name the Four Beast Kingdoms that Conquered/Enslaved/Ruled Israel

Where is the above in any passage in the bible so we can use the above as a tool for interpretation or identification? It's certainly not in any interpretation by an angel.

8 hours ago, fixerupper said:

Rome isn't mentioned or implied in any way in Daniel 2, 7, 8, or 11.  You're not giving me or anyone the scriptural evidence we want to see.  

In Daniel 2 I see that the legs of iron and toes mingled with iron and clay as emerging from the geographical area of Greece, and the word ARAB/MIXED also coincides with that as Greece was predominantly a Mid-East kingdom.  

In Daniel 8, the small horn that came up first is the inferior kingdom of Daniel 2.  Merging with the larger horn that 'came up afterwards', (thighs of brass) 'the two horns'... become the Ram or Persian empire destroyed by the he-goat Grecian empire.  ROME is completely eliminated from the mix.  The sequesce in Daniel 2 eliminates Rome;

There's no evidence whatsoever Daniel 7's fearful and dreadful beast is Rome or Europe.  These kingdoms are today peaceful and united, nothing like the description of the iron and clay OR Daniel's 4th beast.

Daniel 8 has a notable horn, a great horn, and a little horn???  Wonder why?  

If you don't get it I can't help you. To me anyone who can not understand who the Beasts are is just way over complicating the process. Israel has Four Beasts that come against them. NEWS BULLETIN: The Bible is about Israel. The Beasts are Beasts because they were Gentile Kingdoms that arose against Israel. Daniel 7 tells us these Four Beasts rose up out of the SEA (Gentile Nations) Whereas the Land is Israel. These are Four Gentile Beasts that came against Israel. 

So what Nations were Beasts (Conquerors of Israel)? Babylon hauled them off to Babylon, then they were ruled or conquered by Persia, Greece and ROME, it just doesn't take much effort to understand the Scriptures. Israel was scattered the world over by 125 AD, they were not a Nation again until 1948. The End Time Beast is the Little Horn that arises out of the Fourth Beast. 

Its astonishing to me that you guys 1. Don't get this. 2. That you go against 90 percent of Christendom, then act as if w are lacking in knowledge. This is easy stuff as far as Prophecy goes.

1. Babylon
  2. Persia
  3. Greece
  4. Rome
  5. Little Horn 2000 years latter.

Does that fit scriptures as per Israel's Time-line? Israel is conquered by Babylon, who was conquered by Persia, then Israel was again subdued by Greece who was eventually subdued by Rome who destroyed the Temple and Jerusalem and scattered the people to the four winds of the earth thus Ezekiel's prophecy came true, Israel was as Dead Men's Bones.

There was NO BEAST because there was  NO ISRAEL, they were Dead !! Then as Ezekiel also prophesied those Bones would come Alive again, and then Israel would be a Nation again, OF COURSE !! Thus in 1948, you had an Israel, and thus the Final MAN BEAST could come forth. 

All the Rome was no Beast is just not even understandable. Nothing no one says is going to change the facts. This is easy stuff here.

Edited by Revelation Man

4 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Daniel 2 and 7 clearly tells you who it is, just like we are told who Babylon, Persia, and Greece were. Israel was no more at about 125 AD. There are no Beasts after that. Now you name the Four Beast Kingdoms that Conquered/Enslaved/Ruled Israel before 125 AD fro Babylon on. Its not that hard, you guys over-complicate it, mainly because you read the Fourth Beast as Conquering ALL THE EARTH or WORLD, and I showed you how that does not really mean all the world via Nebuchadnezzar, the He Goat (Alexander the Great) an in many other instances. Thus the Fourth Beast is Rome........the Little Horn is an End Tome beast.

Just adding to 7 lets you know Rome and the Little Horn are different Beasts.

Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and ROME are the Six Beasts.......the Little Horn/Anti-Christ/Beast is the Last Head of the Seven Headed Beast. 

As per the Blog. I posted it, I am not sure you can link to outside sites, no need really, I posted it here. 

I see Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece, but no Rome, just an Iron Kingdom that is not named. You keep saying that Rome followed Greece but that did not happen the way Medo-Persia and Greece followed Babylon. Babylon was first and was clearly conquered by the Medo-Persians. The Persians were conquered by the Greeks. But the Greeks were not conquered by another empire. From the history we all know, and a quick Google search will show, Alexander got sick and died and his Generals took over, with 4 eventually reigning supreme. Exactly as Dan 8 records. Greece was NOT conquered by Rome, Not Ever. Didn't Happen. Rome is not, cannot, and never will be the fourth beast and neither will the AC rise from Rome, the EU, or any where else but the deserts of Mesopotamia.

Your personal take on this is incorrect biblically.

Honestly where do you come up with, "mainly because you read the Fourth Beast as Conquering ALL THE EARTH or WORLD"? This has nothing to do with anything. Scripture is clear about the succession from Alexander to the Diadochi, and from one of them the little horn. The whole 'Rome' thing is meaningless and in fact I don't think you are too clear on why it must be Rome.

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

If you don't get it I can't help you. To me anyone who can not understand who the Bests are us just way over complicating the process. Israel has Four Beasts that come against them. NEWS BULLETIN: The Bible is about Israel. The Beasts are Beasts because they were Gentile Kingdoms that arose against Israel. Daniel 7 tells us these Four Beasts rose up out of the SEA (Gentile Nations) Whereas the Land is Israel. These are Four Gentile Beasts that came against Israel. 

So what Nations were Beasts (Conquerors of Israel)? Babylon hauled them off to Babylon, Persia, Greece and ROME, it just doesn't take much effort to understand the Scriptures. Israel was scattered the world over by 125 AD, they were not a Nation again until 1948. The End Tome Beast is the Little Horn that arises out of the Fourth Beast. 

Its astonishing to me that you guys 1. Don't get this. 2. That you go against 90 percent of Christendom, An appeal to authority? Weak. Show us the facts and we'll believe. the act as if w are lacking in knowledge. Not lacking, just the wrong knowledge in this case. This is easy stuff as far as Prophecy goes.

1. Babylon
  2. Persia
  3. Greece
  4. Rome 
  5. Little Horn 2000 years latter.

Does that fit scriptures as per Israel's Time-line? Israel is conquered by Babylon, who was conquered by Persia, then Israel was again subdued by Greece who was eventually subdued by Rome Greece was never subdued by Rome. The Grecian empire was broken up and the remains ruled by dozens of Generals and Satraps all over the map. Greece ceased to exist and other kingdoms took it's place well before the Roman empire was a power. who destroyed the Temple and Jerusalem and scattered the people to the four winds of the earth thus Ezekiel's prophecy came true, Israel was as Dead Men's Bones.

There was NO BEAST because there was  NO ISRAEL, they were Dead !! Then as Ezekiel also prophesied those Bones would come Alive again, and then Israel would be a Nation again, OF COURSE !! Thus in 1948, you had an Israel, and thus the Final MAN BEAST could come forth. 

All the Rome was no Beast is just not even understandable. Nothing no says is going to change the facts. This is easy stuff here.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Rome is not mentioned

The 4th kingdom has not come yet by Daniel's vision given

It is the 4th beast starting with Babylon that is coming .... Middle Eastern and Islamic

About 2000 years has passed and when the Lord is ready He will bring the 4th kingdom during the time of the 70th week still pending .... then He will destroy it

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

If you don't get it I can't help you. 

You're expecting me to get it the way you do and you don't provide me with much credible evidence.  

To me anyone who can not understand who the Beasts are us just way over complicating the process. 

This hasn't been an easy thing for anyone over the ages.  Most people don't fall for the first theory they come across either and that's the only one you know about.  I'm not complicating the process.  I'm showing you what I believe and why I believe it as best I can.  I'm asking you to do the same.  

Israel has Four Beasts that come against them. NEWS BULLETIN: The Bible is about Israel. 

The bible isn't only about Israel, that's another pipe dream.  The Old Testament is mostly for Israel, but some prophecies do imply all of mankind or planet earth itself.  None of these beast ARE SAID TO COME UP AGAINST ISRAEL....that I know of.  

The Beasts are Beasts because they were Gentile Kingdoms that arose against Israel. 

That's a great explanation of why a beast is a beast.  They are beast because Daniel describes them as beast.  Israel has NOTHING to do with them being called beast!  The beast in Daniel 7 are all end-time kingdoms. The dating of it prohibits these beast being ancient empires.  So I'm going to tell you again about Daniel 7...

The Babylonian Empire had already risen some 50 years before and was on it's way out when Daniel 7 was written!  Why would Daniel prophesy about a kingdom rising that had already risen for about 50 years and soon to end?   Some atheist found this blunder and call Daniel a false prophet which he would certainly be, since he prophesied about something already in existence.  But you don't care about that because it goes against what you already believe.

It's likely these 4 beast are all competing for dominance of the Mid-East region.  
After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Before means 'in front of' or in the presence of indicating they are all present at the same time.

Daniel 7 tells us these Four Beasts rose up out of the SEA (Gentile Nations) Whereas the Land is Israel. These are Four Gentile Beasts that came against Israel.

Israel isn't implied as being the focul point in the text so there's no reason to assume they are beast that came against Israel.  When Israel is the focal point it's obvious in the context.

So what Nations were Beasts (Conquerors of Israel)? 

Israel is your hook and it doesn't work.  There's not one reason to contour your eschatology to that idea because Israel ISN'T involved with any of these beast. Daniel 2-7 was written in Aramaic.  Chapter 1 and 8-12 are written in Hebrew.  There's probably more than one reason for this. But ONE is, chapters 2-7 are written for gentile nations while Daniel was in Babylon.

Babylon hauled them off to Babylon, Persia, Greece and ROME, it just doesn't take much effort to understand the Scriptures.

AGAIN!  You can quote that sequence all you want.  Show me where ROME is found!  You haven't done that using one verse of scripture.  Are you saying Daniel 2?

Israel was scattered the world over by 125 AD, they were not a Nation again until 1948. The End Time Beast is the Little Horn that arises out of the Fourth Beast. 

You say it all the time. You tell me what you believe and the evidence you provide amounts to nothing more than just saying so.  That's your hermeneutic and the extent of your exegesis.

Its astonishing to me that you guys 1. Don't get this. 2. That you go against 90 percent of Christendom, the act as if w are lacking in knowledge. This is easy stuff as far as Prophecy goes.

It's easy to you because you don't do your own homework, when you do you do it with bias researching those with the same mind, believing you already know how it's all going to come down. You've accepted the bulk of a prophecy theory that's been around for centuries and proven to be wrong, 

Babylon
Persia
Greece
Rome
Little Horn 2000 years latter.

Babylon, Medes, Persia, Greece.
Medes....were prophesied to take out Babylon...
Daniel 5:31 
"And Darius the Median took the kingdom, (Babylon) being about threescore and two years old." 

Isaiah 13:17 "Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, ie.(Babylon) 

Jeremiah 51:11  Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

That makes Persia the third kingdom of brass.  And Greece the legs of iron.  And MIXED makes the iron and clay ARAB/Muslim!

Does that fit scriptures as per Israel's Time-line? Israel is conquered by Babylon, who was conquered by Persia, then Israel was again subdued by Greece who was eventually subdued by Rome who destroyed the Temple and Jerusalem and scattered the people to the four winds of the earth thus Ezekiel's prophecy came true, Israel was as Dead Men's Bones.

Are you just telling me what you know? Babylon was conquered by the Medes.  But all your telling me is about a little basic history that amounts to ZERO evidence.  Rome destroyed Jerusalem and that doesn't make them an end-time beast.  

This is no fun.  All you do is tell me what you believe....and that's it.  

All the Rome was no Beast is just not even understandable. Nothing no says is going to change the facts. This is easy stuff here.

If you say so.  It easy to you because you've fallen for it.  What you've said above amounts to nothing when it comes to supporting your case.  

Edited by fixerupper

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

I see Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece, but no Rome, just an Iron Kingdom that is not named.

You see what you want to see that way it fits your predetermined belief even though the fact don't.

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

You keep saying that Rome followed Greece but that did not happen the way Medo-Persia and Greece followed Babylon. Babylon was first and was clearly conquered by the Medo-Persians. The Persians were conquered by the Greeks. But the Greeks were not conquered by another empire. From the history we all know, and a quick Google search will show, Alexander got sick and died and his Generals took over, with 4 eventually reigning supreme. Exactly as Dan 8 records. Greece was NOT conquered by Rome, Not Ever. Didn't Happen. Rome is not, cannot, and never will be the fourth beast and neither will the AC rise from Rome, the EU, or any where else but the deserts of Mesopotamia.

REALLY? 

The Macedonian Wars (214–148 BC) were a series of conflicts fought by the Roman Republic and its Greek allies in the eastern Mediterranean against several different major Greek kingdoms. They resulted in Roman control or influence over the eastern Mediterranean basin, in addition to their hegemony in the western Mediterranean after the Punic wars. Traditionally, the "Macedonian Wars" include the four wars with Macedonia, in addition to one war with the Seleucid Empire, and a final minor war with the Achaean League (which is often considered to be the final stage of the final Macedonian war). The most significant war was that fought with the Seleucid Empire, while the war with Macedonia was the second, and both of these wars effectively marked the end of these empires as major world powers, even though neither of them led immediately to overt Roman domination.[1] Four separate wars were fought against the weaker power, Macedonia, due to its geographic proximity to Rome, though the last two of these wars were against haphazard insurrections rather than powerful armies.[2] Roman influence gradually dissolved Macedonian independence and digested it into what was becoming a leading global empire. The outcome of the war with the now-deteriorating Seleucid Empire was ultimately fatal to it as well, though the growing influence of Parthia and Pontus prevented any additional conflicts between it and Rome.[2]

From the close of the Macedonian Wars until the early Roman Empire, the eastern Mediterranean remained an ever shifting network of polities with varying levels of independence from, dependence on, or outright military control by, Rome.[3]According to Polybius,[4] who sought to trace how Rome came to dominate the Greek east in less than a century, ROME'S WARS WITH GREECE were set in motion after several Greek city-states sought Roman protection against the Macedonian Kingdom and Seleucid Empire in the face of a destabilizing situation created by the weakening of Ptolemaic Egypt.[5]

In contrast to the west, the Greek east had been dominated by major empires for centuries, and Roman influence and alliance-seeking led to wars with these empires that further weakened them and therefore created an unstable power vacuum that only Rome was capable of pacifying.

Now lets see what the some Biblical Scholars/Commentaries on the Subject............

Benson Commentary

Daniel 2:40-43. The fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, &c. — This description agrees well with the Roman empire, and the event answered the prediction; for the Roman was vastly more strong and extensive than any of the preceding three. As iron breaketh and bruiseth all other metals, so this brake and subdued all the former kingdoms. The metal is here different, and consequently likewise the nation must be different from the preceding. For the four metals must signify four different nations; and as the gold signified the Babylonians, the silver the Persians, and the brass the Macedonians, so the iron must necessarily denote some other nation: and it may safely be said, that there is not, and has not been, a nation upon earth, to which this description is applicable, but the Romans. The Romans succeeded to the Macedonians, and therefore, in course, were next to be mentioned. And as the two arms of silver denoted the two kings of the Medes and Persians, so the two legs of iron seem equally to have signified the two Roman consuls. The iron was mixed with clay; and the Romans were defiled with a mixture of barbarous nations. 

Ellicott's Commentary

...... 40) And the fourth.—It should be observed that the description of this kingdom is much fuller than those of the preceding empires. The same fact will be remarked in the later visions (Daniel 7:7-8; Daniel 7:19-20).

Breaketh all things.—Remembering that the comparison is between iron and the fourth empire, this portion of the vision implies that the Roman empire, which is here intended (see Exc. E), will crush out all traces that remain of preceding empires, just as iron is capable of breaking gold, silver, or copper. Of the second and third empires, each borrowed something from that which preceded it. The fourth empire introduces a new system, and a new civilisation.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

2:31-45 This image represented the kingdoms of the earth, that should successively rule the nations, and influence the affairs of the Jewish church. 1. The head of gold signified the Chaldean empire, then in being. 2. The breast and arms of silver signified the empire of the Medes and Persians. 3. The belly and thighs of brass signified the Grecian empire, founded by Alexander. 4. The legs and feet of iron signified the Roman empire. 

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

40. iron—This vision sets forth the character of the Roman power, rather than its territorial extent [Tregelles].

breaketh in pieces—So, in righteous retribution, itself will at last be broken in pieces (Da 2:44) by the kingdom of God (Re 13:10).

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

And the fourth kingdom - Represented in the image by the legs of iron, and the feet "part of iron, and part of clay," Daniel 2:33. The first question which arises here is, what kingdom is referred to by this? In regard to this, there have been two leading opinions: one, that it refers to the Roman empire; the other, that it refers to the kingdoms or dynasties that immediately succeeded the reign of Alexander the Great; embracing the kingdoms of the Seleucidae and Lagidae, Syria, and Egypt - in the language of Prof. Stuart, who adopts this opinion, "that the legs and feet were symbols of that intermingled and confused empire which sprung up under the Grecian chiefs who finally succeeded him," (Alexander the Great). - "Com. on Daniel," p. 173. For the reasoning by which this opinion is supported, see Prof. Stuart, pp. 173-193. The common opinion has been, that the reference is to the Roman empire, and in support of this opinion the following conditions may be suggested:

(1) The obvious design of the image was to symbolize the succession of great monarchies, which would precede the setting up of the kingdom of the Redeemer, and which would have an important agency in preparing the world for that. The Roman empire was in itself too important, and performed too important an agency in preparing the world for that, to be omitted in such an enumeration.

(2) The kingdom here referred to was to be in existence at the time symbolized by the cutting of the stone out of the mountain, for, during the continuance of that kingdom, or under it, "the God of heaven was to set up a kingdom which should never be destroyed," Daniel 2:44. But the kingdoms of the Seleucidae and the Lagidae - the "intermingled and confused empires that sprang up" after Alexander the Great - had ceased before that time, being superseded by the Roman.

(3) unless the Roman power be represented, the symmetry of the image is destroyed, for it would make what was, in fact, one kingdom represented by two different metals - brass and iron. We have seen above that the Babylonian empire was represented appropriately by gold; the Medo-Persian by silver; and the Macedonian by brass. We have seen also, that in fact the empire founded by Alexander, and continued through his successors in Syria and Egypt, was in fact one kingdom, so spoken of by the ancients, and being in fact a "Greek" dynasty. If the appellation of "brass" belonged to that kingdom as a Greek kingdom, there is an obvious incongruity, and a departure from the method of interpreting the other portions of the image, in applying the term "iron" to any portion of that kingdom.

(4) By the application of the term "iron," it is evidently implied that the kingdom thus referred to would be distinguished for "strength" - strength greater than its predecessors - as iron surpasses brass, and silver, and gold, in that quality. But this was not true of the confused reigns that immediately followed Alexander. They were unitedly weaker than the Babylonian and the Medo-Persian, and weaker than the empire of Alexander, out of which they arose. Compare Daniel 8:21-22. It was true, however, of the Roman power, that it was so much superior to all its predecessors in power, that it might well be represented by iron in comparison with brass, silver, and gold.

(5) The fourth monarchy represented in Nebuchadnezzars dream is evidently the same which is represented by the fourth beast in Daniel 7:7-8, Daniel 7:23, Daniel 7:25. But it will appear, from the exposition of that chapter, that the reference there is to the Roman empire. See the note at these passages. There can be no well-founded objection to this view on the ground that this kingdom was not properly a "succession" of the kingdom of Alexander, and did not occupy precisely the same territory. The same was true of each of the other kingdoms - the Medo-Persian and Macedonian. Yet while they were not, in the usual sense of the term, in the "successions," they did, in fact, follow one after the other; and with such accessions as were derived from conquest, and from the hereditary dominions of the conquerors, they did occupy the same territory. The design seems to have been to give a representation of a series of great monarchies, which would be, in an important sense, universal monarchies, and which should follow each other before the advent of the Saviour. The Roman, in addition to what it possessed in the West, actually occupied in the East substantially the same territory as the Babylonian, the Medo-Persian, and the Macedonian, and, like them, it had all the claims which any ancient sovereignty had to the title of a universal monarchy; indeed no kingdom has ever existed to which this title could with more justice be applied.

Shall be strong as iron - It is scarcely necessary to observe that this description is applicable to the Roman power. In nothing was it more remarkable than its "strength;" for that irresistible power before which all other nations were perfectly weak. This characteristic of the Roman power is thus noticed by Mr. Gibbon: "The arms of the Republic, sometimes vanquished in battle, always victorious in war, advanced with rapid steps to the Euphrates, the Danube, the Rhine, and the ocean; and the images of gold, or silver, or brass, that might serve to represent the nations and their kings, were successively broken by the "iron" monarchy of Rome." - "Dec. and Fall," p. 642, Lond. ed. 1830, as quoted by Prof. Bush.

Forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things - Iron is the metal which is used, and always has been used, for the purpose here suggested. In the form of hammers, sledges, and cannon-balls, and, in general, in reference to the accomplishment of any purpose, by beating or battering, this has been found to be the most valuable of the metals. It is heavy, is capable of being easily wrought into desired shapes; is abundant; is susceptible of being made hard so as not to be itself bruised, and has therefore, all the properties which could be desired for purposes like this.

And as iron that breaketh all these - That is, all these things; to wit, everything. Nothing is able to stand before it; there is nothing which it cannot reduce to powder. There is some repetition here, but it is for the sake of emphasis.

Shall it break in pieces and bruise - Nothing could better characterize the Roman power than this. Everything was crushed before it. The nations which they conquered ceased to be kingdoms, and were reduced to provinces, and as kingdoms they were blotted out from the list of nations. This has been well described by Mr. Irving: "The Roman empire did beat down the constitution and establishment of all other kingdoms; abolishing their independence, and bringing them into the most entire subjection; humbling the pride, subjecting the will, using the property, and trampling upon the power and dignity of all other states. For by this was the Roman dominion distinguished from all the rest, that it was the work of almost as many centuries as those were of years; the fruit of a thousand battles in which million of men were slain. It made room for itself, as doth a battering-ram, by continual successive blows; and it ceased not to beat and bruise all nations, so long as they continued to offer any resistance." - "Discourse on Daniel's Visions," p. 180.

Matthew Poole's Commentary

The fourth kingdom is the kingdom of the Romans; 

Geneva Study Bible

And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in {u} pieces and bruise.

(u) That is, the Roman empire will subdue all these others, which after Alexander were divided into the Macedonians, Grecians, Syrians, and Egyptians.

I think everyone disagree with you brother. And the Facts are the Romans did have many wars with the Macedonians.