• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Yes it does. This thread does not defend anything. It is a rant without substance. If you came upon this thread without knowledge of any previous thread, would you understand it from anything found here? I asked as simple question of the OP, in that he makes no argument nor does he direct anyone to any account of his opposition. What I said was the only response I could come up with that anywhere near covers my feelings towards that which I assumed was the underlining point in all of this. 

Being you observe there is another thread concerning Dr.Stanley's credentials as a minister, I'd wonder why you'd presumably participate there and then arrive here in order to assail the point the OP member is hoping to convey with a declaration after the herald in the subject line. 

A rant without substance certainly wouldn't warrant your attention when you remark to put forth the attitudinal personal opposition to this thread that you have. If it was without substance someone who relishes substance would have nothing to credit to their own name in such a place as that.

It's a rant. Worthless. No one has to care about your feelings. Self respect considers others feelings. And when they have nothing that helps a member seeking to make a positive statement about a Baptist pastor, they should stand mute and turn their attention to that substantive discourse that warrants the esteem of their personal intellect. 

It is unbecoming to arrive first in order to coax this thread into what the controversial subject one has become. I would wonder what substance is found there that may warrant your input to the topic itself. 

Thank you for coming. 

God forgives us all. Because we were worth it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Jewels7 said:

Being you observe there is another thread concerning Dr.Stanley's credentials as a minister, I'd wonder why you'd presumably participate there and then arrive here in order to assail the point the OP member is hoping to convey with a declaration after the herald in the subject line. 

A rant without substance certainly wouldn't warrant your attention when you remark to put forth the attitudinal personal opposition to this thread that you have. If it was without substance someone who relishes substance would have nothing to credit to their own name in such a place as that.

It's a rant. Worthless. No one has to care about your feelings. Self respect considers others feelings. And when they have nothing that helps a member seeking to make a positive statement about a Baptist pastor, they should stand mute and turn their attention to that substantive discourse that warrants the esteem of their personal intellect. 

It is unbecoming to arrive first in order to coax this thread into what the controversial subject one has become. I would wonder what substance is found there that may warrant your input to the topic itself. 

Thank you for coming. 

God forgives us all. Because we were worth it. 

I would be careful what you yourself assume while you are condemning me for doing what you assume that I am doing. A rant does not produce in me a feeling that the ranter is someone to be ignored. It is something that produces in me the idea that he/she has let his/her emotions overwhelm him/her.

Where is it that you see any reference to another thread before my initial response t this thread. A rant without substance surly would warrant my attention if you take into account that I concern myself with the well being of others and how they present themselves . A person without concern is a person without love for their fellow man.

As far as I am concerned an attempt to make sense of a thread whose OP suggests that those who don't abide by his understanding should not post on a thread that he has made on a debate site is to ignore the reason that this site is here.

Edited by Churchmouse

1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:

'Cuz I felt like it!

Don't be led to upset brother. This thread is to be a positive affirmation of Dr.Charles Stanley and his pastoring the flock. The only way this thread can be degraded into what is in the appropriate forum for it is if we participate. If we rise! Remember the Psalmists wisdom about conflicts? Find peace. :) Respect yourself , the word, Jesus, and the power of God that calls those whom he will to bless the world with his word. 

Keep this thread positive brother. Do not rise. Pray for those that wish to bring you down and keep it moving toward the testament of Jesus Christ! :emot-heartbeat: :emot-hug:  Daniel 2:22 "It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, And the light dwells with Him.

''.jpg

Dr. Charles Stanley: Learning to Walk Wisely

Craig von Buseck: Along those same lines, you write, "A mature, godly person is probably tempted more than an unbeliever." Why do say that?

Dr. Charles Stanley: Because a person who is living in sin, Satan already has them where he wants them. So temptation is a way of life. They're just doing what comes naturally. Those of us who love God, the Holy Spirit is living in our life, so what happens is when we're tempted, a wise person will recognize that they are being tempted to do what is not right.

Rick, have you read this book yet? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I posted this in the other thread.  It got completely ignored as people went on claiming this or that, making personal statements one way or another.

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

What preacher/teacher is 100% correct?  To not listen to anyone who may be off here or there would mean you would never listen to anyone ever again, included members here.  We have His Spirit who shows us the truth.  I find much of his teachings to be on the mark, though, as with anyone, I do not agree with 100% of their theology.

Tell me, which member here has spoken 100% truth when teaching?  This is the same sort of question Jesus asked those who brought the woman caught in adultery.  Strange how they never brought the man to Jesus also.

We all hold onto what we personally believe, be it OSAS, Eternal Security, when the Rapture will occur, who the Beast will be, are Christians Israelis, etc.  There is nobody who teaches the truth 100% of the time.  So are we all false teachers also???

There was a phrase "Here's you sign!" ... I say "Here's your mirror!"

2 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Feelings are frivolous. Emotions don't lead anyone anywhere beyond their own intransigence.  What is it that you wish to do with this?

:P

This is a great read. The peace of Christ lives in the believer because they forgive as God hath forgiven them.

:) Blessings. 

13 Steps to Forgiving the Unforgivable

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I posted this in the other thread.  It got completely ignored as people went on claiming this or that, making personal statements one way or another.

Tell me, which member here has spoken 100% truth when teaching?  This is the same sort of question Jesus asked those who brought the woman caught in adultery.  Strange how they never brought the man to Jesus also.

We all hold onto what we personally believe, be it OSAS, Eternal Security, when the Rapture will occur, who the Beast will be, are Christians Israelis, etc.  There is nobody who teaches the truth 100% of the time.  So are we all false teachers also???

Best post in this thread, thanks OneLight.  Anyone who ever speaks will say something wrong, except for Jesus when He spoke.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, OneLight said:

That is your choice. You give a verse of Scripture to 10 people in a room. You will get 10 different interpretations? Why is that?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is your choice. You give a verse of Scripture to 10 people in a room. You will get 10 different interpretations? Why is that?

My choice for what?  Can you be more specific?  I am not sure what I wold be answering, so please clarify.