Andy_d

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

As I said before, God admonishes against cutting and marking the skin. But even if that were the least of ones worries or acceptance of God's word on tattoos, the idea I'd contaminating your largest organ, your skin, and have the contamination from that tattoo filter and contaminate your liver and kidneys or heart etc, it should give you pause. Car paint, printers' ink, lead paint, dyes that are made in an unsterile area with needles that are not disinfected would make me run. I do not need to be in a hospital connected to an IV pumping antibiotics into my body in hopes that I do not lose a portion of my body or skin to save my life. God admonished us for our "good" health, why would we not listen.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:48 AM, BK1110 said:

At the end of the day, I think a tattoo, in and of itself, isn't a bad thing, but like many things, it certainly can be a bad thing. What is it of? What is your purpose in getting one? There are strong questions that need to be asked, and praying that needs to be done about it.

I would, personally, though, reject the use of the commandment in Leviticus about it. Jesus didn't have a tattoo, of course, but he also didn't break with the dietary laws of the time, which were later removed by God of course. I think "Jesus didn't, therefore it's a sin" would be hastily casting too big a blanket over an issue. I would certainly advise careful consideration and prayer to anyone considering getting one, though.

A good thoughtful reply, as making somone who already has one feel that they cannot come to Christbecause they have done something 'so abominable ' ,smacks of the kind of judgementalism which has impeded Christianity for so long .

I did not need the bible, to know that engraving on your skin is dangerous and in bad taste ,and that the more there is, the worse it is . That often those people,  have a problem with self esteem of the good kind , and maybe approaching it from a loving less biblical approach would be better .

I see too many  who use the bible as a clobbering tool .

Guest Thallasa
On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, simplejeff said:

People in the OLD TESTAMENT sometimes sinned without knowing they sinned.   There were instructions given by YHWH in TORAH for that case also --- as soon as someone finds out or is made aware that they sinned , they are instructed to repent of it.

Some people may get a tattoo either before they are saved, or afterwards, but before realizing it is rebellion against JESUS.    Then, later,  when they find out it is sin, they can repent of it,  as YHWH'S WORD directs.

Makes me think of the 'inner tattoo' of sin ,which we all carry , so maybe a little less judgmentalism of those who have done so 'before ' as you say Jeff . 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, WholeyGod'schild said:

as for Tattoo's or no Tattoo's is a choice between you and God, as long as it is between you and God and not for yourself.

Isaiah 44:5-6

5"This one will say, 'I am the LORD'S; And that one will call on the name of Jacob; And another will write on his hand, 'Belonging to the LORD,' And will name Israel's name with honor. 6"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

on weather Jesus would or could have a tattoo?

Revelation 19:16

16And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh: King of kings and Lord of lords.

I say these things not because I justify my thoughts, but to show God is true and Holy and what is God's is God's what is of this world is of this world. I personally have a Tattoo that proclaims my love for my Savior Jesus Christ.

so in closing, what is permissible for one may not be permissible for another. God calls us unto Glory and proclaim his name in many different ways. only thing he asks is for our hearts to be open to his will and calling. if God has not called you to something, turn and run from it.

Whatever you do, do unto the glory of God, and God alone!

:6:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Thallasa

I see your point & agree,I never did a lot of things that others did BEFORE they came to be a Believer but I've done other things that others have not,that does include having tattoos.....& so what?right?  That old self died & the tattoos remind me that there was an "old man" that I am so GRATEFUL has passed away....we can sometimes forget what we ourselves have been brought up out of.....& made ALIVE & FREE in Christ....Praise Jesus!        With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest Thallasa
On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:08 AM, FresnoJoe said:

:thumbsup:

There Is One "Tattoo" I Desire

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

And I've Been Assured

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

I'll Carry It

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:15-18

Forever And Ever Amen~!

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

:emot-heartbeat:

Hallelujah Joseph !!!

Guest Thallasa
3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Thallasa

I see your point & agree,I never did a lot of things that others did BEFORE they came to be a Believer but I've done other things that others have not,that does include having tattoos.....& so what?right?  That old self died & the tattoos remind me that there was an "old man" that I am so GRATEFUL has passed away....we can sometimes forget what we ourselves have been brought up out of.....& made ALIVE & FREE in Christ....Praise Jesus!        With love-in Christ,Kwik

:)

Guest Thallasa
On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:27 AM, HAZARD said:

Here's a Christian tattoo that in my opinion is a disgrace.

Z 230..jpg

Very very sad ,and confused about which God he follows . What wicked person would take (probably a lot of ) money, to destroy the part of the body we canot hide ,and the part we need to relate to others !

It is a kind of suicide . 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/14/2017 at 11:31 AM, OneLight said:

What a nice thought out reply.  Nice work.  So, your answer would have to be "No, Jesus did not have a tattoo" since it would of been against the Torah?

So you know, I have tattoos I had done in the early 70's.  They are ugly now and I wish I never had them done.

There's a way to remove them. Have you looked into this? 

I was with my sister a few years ago when she decided to get a tattoo. Those tattoo shows on TV don't do it justice. The ink and the blood that mix together. It was quite an ugly sight as the gun was applying the tattoo. When it was over it was a lovely piece. That's her. I would not mar my skin in that way. There's something also in the Torah books of our bible that forbids tattoos isn't there?