IGNORED

What's this? Illegals don't feel free to openly gather for a foreign holiday celebration?

MorningGlory

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Owl....reread my post.  My ancestors came here before this WAs a country.  So they were legal because they were settlers.

I read your post the first time. :)

My ancestors are Irish and Scottish.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think our laws need to be changed. And I am all for keeping the troublemakers and those who are dealing in crime out. But for those who legitimately want a better way of life especially for their families I am ok with that.

Why would our laws need to be changed???  There is already a way for those who legitimately want a better life and It's called "legal immigration."   We need to enforce the laws on the books, not create new ones.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think our laws need to be changed. And I am all for keeping the troublemakers and those who are dealing in crime out. But for those who legitimately want a better way of life especially for their families I am ok with that.

But, and rhis is a big one, as of right now the laws say they need to be deported and that people must ask to enter our country.  These are not Trump's laws; they've been on the books for a long time.  We can only absorb and take care of X amount of people; if there are no jobs for the millions that want to come in, what happens then?  Let me tell you; crime goes up and welfare costs sky rocket.  Guess who gets to pay for all that?  I'm for a legal way in too; where they have to apply, pay a hefty fee (remember, half of them are paying coyotes to get them in there anyway), and wait their turn. 

18 minutes ago, Radiant_Owl said:

I read your post the first time. :)

My ancestors are Irish and Scottish.

I thought you wanted to know if they were legal. Mine are Irish and English.  And I mean ALL of them except one Cherokee gr-gr-gr-grandmother!  :D

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

But, and rhis is a big one, as of right now the laws say they need to be deported and that people must ask to enter our country.  These are not Trump's laws; they've been on the books for a long time.  We can only absorb and take care of X amount of people; if there are no jobs for the millions that want to come in, what happens then?  Let me tell you; crime goes up and welfare costs sky rocket.  Guess who gets to pay for all that?  I'm for a legal way in too; where they have to apply, pay a hefty fee (remember, half of them are paying coyotes to get them in there anyway), and wait their turn. 

I am all for keeping the crime out of America that comes from Mexico. I know that there is some horrible crimes including drugs and all kind of trafficking that comes from Mexico.

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

And, what do the two have in common? An excuse to drink excessively! LOL!

:o

4 hours ago, Radiant_Owl said:

whaddayasayin? d.gif

:24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I thought you wanted to know if they were legal. Mine are Irish and English.  And I mean ALL of them except one Cherokee gr-gr-gr-grandmother!  :D

No, it was intended as a joke. Both my and your ancestors arrived here hundreds of years ago. "Were they legal"? ;):P  Yep, I've Cherokee in my family too. And Lakota.

My family teases at reunions and say, part of the family were on the ships the other were watching from the shore hoping they didn't know how to swim. :laugh:I had a friend with me because our reunion one year happened near Christmas and she had no family to share the holiday with. So tag along to a family reunion and have  a real history lesson right?
My grandmother used that line I just told you and I thought my friend would choke to death on her ice tea. Granny is a wise cracker who loves to watch people's reactions to her lack of filter.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

let us not lose focus and purpose....Jesus....let be  kind to one another forgiving one another just as Christ has also forgiven you. in addition, although we are called to obey the law of the land let us not to be concern about so many things....our savior is in control.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, marvalusxoxo said:

let us not lose focus and purpose....Jesus....let be  kind to one another forgiving one another just as Christ has also forgiven you. in addition, although we are called to obey the law of the land let us not to be concern about so many things....our savior is in control.

Throughout all the centuries,  the followers of JESUS have helped people escape CONTRARY to the law of the land,  in many instances, in many countries,  in many wars and peace time(so-called). 

Even giving up their own lives for the lives of others, helping them escape, and dying for helping them instead of trying to save their own lives by turning them in.

Secular and religious authorities all through the centuries, in most countries, have put to death multitudes including millions of the followers of JESUS,  EVEN IF they did not break any lawful law. (and no trial needed many times).