• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

On 4/4/2017 at 0:50 AM, christiang said:

Not everyone receives the holy spirit after coming to the belief of Jesus Christ, which is why many false churches exist to this day, that are full of adulterers and wicked men. This is why it is by "their fruits that you will know them", because someone who has truly been sealed with the holy spirit cannot sin as is written in scripture.

i always looked at this verse Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  as saying you will know them by there fruits(Goodness of God in them) it doesnt say you will know them by if they ever make a mistake by sinning.

• Group:  Royal Member

Just now, shanee said:

because someone who has truly been sealed with the holy spirit cannot sin as is written in scripture.

where does the Word say that?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, shanee said:

i always looked at this verse Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  as saying you will know them by there fruits(Goodness of God in them) it doesnt say you will know them by if they ever make a mistake by sinning.

Yes it does, read,

Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. (Matthew 17:17-18 [NIV])

Just now, christiang said:

Yes it does, read,

Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. (Matthew 17:17-18 [NIV])

Fruit is something that comes from a tree after a season right?

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

No.  you are misunderstanding.  The way we are justified is by Jesus' blood.  He paid the price... but most importantly Jesus fulfilled the law.  Because He fulfilled the law He is our coat/cloak of righteousness.  He covers us and thus our sin Are not imputed.  No where in scripture does it say you will never sin again.

He paid the price for what.... to allow you to sin or to free you from sin? Have you not even read the prophecy in Daniel concerning Jesus Christ? Not only did he come to atone for sin, but also to end sin,

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24 [KJV])

The most holy being Jesus Christ, who became anointed when he received the holy spirit.

Your churches have lied to you, which is why you think you can carry on sinning without penalty of judgment. Yet even elsewhere we see affirmation about those who continue sinning,

For if we sin willingly after we are to receive the knowledge of the truth, no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain terrifying expectation of judgment and fury of fire being about to devour the adversaries.
 (Hebrews 10:26 [BLB])

i think God used the fruit verse to show us deep wisdom

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

... abandon ship ....

... abandon ship ....

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

Whoa. lets pump the brakes.  As long as i have come to this site i have been adamant about how Calvinism is a lie and osas is not true.  And I am very aware that false teachings flow from churches like water in a river. 

But once again, not one of the scriptures you provided say once you have the holy spirit you never ever sin again.  you are misinterpreting whats being said.  And i can see how that would be easy for you if you are going to attempt to tell me what you think i believe and dont believe. 

Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Jesus paid the price for all sin..  all of it, past present and future.  The gift of God is eternal life... and what is life if not for living?  Jesus said I am the way... Be holy as I AM Holy...   And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Until we receive our glorified bodies we will sin.  Because of the sin nature in us. 

That is a false assumption. The sinful nature is removed now, in this body,

In Him you were also circumcised in the putting off of your sinful nature… (Colossians 2:11 [BSB])

Which is what the circumcision of the heart. Hence why those who have been sanctified by the holy spirit are said to be perfected,

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

... abandon ship....