• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

8 hours ago, walla299 said:

For the same reason many of us in the military read them during the cold war: to hear the story from the other guy's point of view. Also the lame stream media in the US is so busy Trump bashing that they are not reporting on a lot of things including North Korea.

Well you probably have a point there but I'd probably not believe everything I read in a Russian newspaper either.  They're hardly known for keeping their citizens informed.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Our news reported that 1/2 million people were evacuated in the NK capital. This morning I heard a news report where a NK official said they're ready for war with us. They think we're going to start it. I hope not. No one seems to remember that back in the late 70's and 80's both us and Russia realized no one can win a nuclear war. To listen to NK talk they don't seem to understand this. And this is what I'm worried about. I'm hoping NK is just talking big to save face. To Oriental peoples saving face is more important than saving lives. I hope Trump realizes this. Let them talk big. I just hope Trump doesn't attack them. I like Trump, I didn't at first but I chose him over Hillary. The one thing about Trump that scared me was he thought we could have a nuclear war and win. I only heard him say it once so I assume his General friends told him he's wrong. But he is hot headed and impulsive. Bombing Syria was an impulsive act and I think he shouldn't have done it. NK has their fingers on the nuclear triggers. We have to put aside all pride and let them talk. I'm worried. This is the worst crisis since the Cuban missile thing in 1962 (I think). I was only 10 so all I remember was all the adults were very nervous.

We all need to pray for peace. And let's hope peace is God's will right now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Well you probably have a point there but I'd probably not believe everything I read in a Russian newspaper either.  They're hardly known for keeping their citizens informed.

actually for the past ten years or so that I've been reading, they are probably more informed about the USA than we are..... 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

America is taking a very different approach to other countries than in the Obama administration. More aggressive.

1 hour ago, other one said:

actually for the past ten years or so that I've been reading, they are probably more informed about the USA than we are..... 

I find that often the foreign press has more accurate reporting than the U.S. press. They do not adhere to the Democrat vs. Republican dichotomy.

1 hour ago, other one said:

You've been reading Russian news for ten years?

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

America is taking a very different approach to other countries than in the Obama administration. More aggressive.

That's a good thing....as long as it's measured and well thought out.  Thugs and bullies (and psychos like the little man in N.K.) only respect strength.  They don't recognize or respond to Christian values like we do.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

That's a good thing....as long as it's measured and well thought out.  Thugs and bullies (and psychos like the little man in N.K.) only respect strength.  They don't recognize or respond to Christian values like we do.

Yes, depending on how it is approached. I think countries thought they could walk all over America in Obama's administration.

19 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, depending on how it is approached. I think countries thought they could walk all over America in Obama's administration.

Yes, some of them did.  And unfortunately, it's the really bad actors that got that idea.  Think of Iran holding 12 or our sailors at gunpoint and getting nothing but an apology from John Kerry as a response.  I'm thinking those days are over.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

You've been reading Russian news for ten years?

about that time period.....   that's when or about when Google Translate came out.    I like  Al Jazrera also ever how you spell it.