• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

Too often in discussions like this people who are very liberal in their behaviors, clinging to the world while holding to the label of Christian, invoke the excuse, look what Jesus did!

Are you judging me to just being a label Christian because I am okay with men a women having dinner together? I want to be clear before I say anything more. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

But that is just not humanly possible.  I "caused a sister to stumble" into gossip by talking to the same female after church two weeks in a row standing in the foyer with 500 other people.   Or perhaps the problem is not with two people talking but with the one that has their mind in the gutter.

I have been told about people "stumble into gossip" when the a pastor showed up in a brand new Lexus.   Or perhaps the problem was those with envy and ill will in their mind.

I have seen people "stumble into gossip" when one of two families that always sat in the same pew together sat in a different pew starting one Sunday.  Oh the gossip of the "fight between the two families" and one person even thought that there was an issue with the spouses being too close in their friendship.  Or maybe the problem was with the people that are doing the gossiping.  

Each of these had a non-evil reason behind them all, each was totally innocent yet people gossiped.  

I agree......especially about some folks having their mind in the gutter and the "tal bearers & gossips" are going to tell tales & gossip for anything they can come up with ,it is a rumor mongering spirit.....lest we not forget

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

But do we fuel the fire? Its not about what the Brethren may be prompted by evil demons to "talk about" or imagine,I think it is more about what the UNBELIEVER SEES as the look at us as a kid would look at slides of protozoa under a microscope in Bio 101,isn't it?No,we aren't Christ but we do Represent Him so we should be mindful of what we do,where we go,who we are with & how we behave    Personally I don;t understand the problem with having lunch or coffee with a Brother in Christ in a public place or giving them a ride or receiving a ride.....many a time my Sister in Christ sent her husband to drive me to chemo,is that the appearance of evil,driving down a public Highway? Seems silly to me...

My husband is in another Country at this time,if I had lunch with a Brother in Christ it would be for a very good reason & he knows that as I know that about him.....I don't make it a habit of hanging out with members of the opposite sex,I'm a married woman and that is unacceptable imo,what for? Why would I ? if it comes to MInistry I believe the men should minister to the men and visa versa....but in a pinch,I would hope we all know our respective places

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, worthy said:

It's really about how much you trust your spouse. Because if you trust them,and someone comes and tells you they saw him/her with this person. First you are not to believe that person you are to admonish them because that is gossiping and that person is also being a busybody in other peoples matters. And If you trust your spouse you will already know that what that person told you was a lie.

I was married and my ex flirted in front of me! don't know trust

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

if it comes to MInistry I believe the men should minister to the men and visa versa

I thought so too, then when I hesitated ministering to a woman, the pastor rebuked me

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

I just came here to tell my Snapple story and got caught up in all this other stuff. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Then this isn't so much about sin but more about protecting yourself from  being accused of something you didn't do. That I think was the reason Billy  Graham had this rule. So many people too willing to lie to destroy the lives of others. That is how the devil works. 

Yes, it is all about sin and evil.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26

There's a body spray for women called, "So Sinful".... just wondering if there's any Christian women here that wouldn't buy it or wear it because of its name..?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

17 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

There's a body spray for women called, "So Sinful".... just wondering if there's any Christian women here that wouldn't buy it or wear it because of its name..?

Why is it called that? What is the affect?I would not buy it just because of the name.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Why is it called that? What is the affect?I would not buy it just because of the name.

The brand is called So..? and the "So..? Sinful" fragrance is just another scent in the range.  

There's also So...Eternal.

images.jpg

Edited by HisFirst

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So what are you saying? That if a man and a women have lunch alone they can not control themselves? I mean if your going to cheat on your wife or husband just because you can't control yourself if your alone with someone other then your spouse then you already have some serious issues that need to be address. 

No, it's not that at all. It's about how it appears to onlookers who may know one or both persons.  What if a married man just happened to run into his ex-high school girlfriend and they decided to have lunch? What might knowing onlookers be prone to think? Even if it is completely innocent and it is just lunch?

I think the problem is that the argument is being deflected away from that question.  No one can assail the wisdom of a third party in a male-female situation.   All anyone can do is hurl ignorant  accusations that if you take such a step like that, to honor your marriage, your sexist, demeaning, bigot  (I am not saying that you are saying that, but others are).

So the argument is changed to, "you mean you can't have a meal with someone of the opposite sex without losing control?"  So there has been an attempt really, to demean a person who goes the extra mile to honor their marriage.