IGNORED

Do Christians that commit suicide go to heaven

Starlight77

4 minutes ago, other one said:

I did and am not impressed.  The information has been around for a long time and has done no good in helping people with the problem........  But I can tell you from experience if you want to stop a suicide make them understand that they matter greatly to the people close to them.  The other reason I have heard a few talk about but not experienced is revenge.  A few people kill themselves to hurt someone around them.

Seeing all our thoughts are chemical and electrical reactions, they are basically the same. If one takes the spiritual realm out of our lives our whole existence is chemical and electrical reactions.....  life itself.....  so it's no wonder that the general thought would be that these things just went astray.  But the same electrical and chemical process causes people to lie, cheat, murder and all kinds of sin, so if you are going to say killing yourself should not keep you from heaven, then neither should murder, rape or hating your neighbor.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying all who kill themselves will go to hell; I'm saying we don't have the authority to make that decision one way or another.  I would think that there would not be any single answer that would be right.  It is not a yes or no question. 

I disagree regarding the links. Our mental health facilities, funding, and lack of support play a huge role in people not being able to get the help they need. I am not discounting the spiritual component but writing off the links as if they do no good isn't accurate either. I know a lot of people who've been helped by services and were suicidal including myself and I've had direct opportunities in my life and job to get people the help they need. It's between God and that person if they're going to hell or not. 

Also there's absolutely intense stigma against the mentally ill especially if they're suicidal as we can see from just looking at this thread. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

46 minutes ago, other one said:

I did and am not impressed.  The information has been around for a long time and has done no good in helping people with the problem........  But I can tell you from experience if you want to stop a suicide make them understand that they matter greatly to the people close to them.  The other reason I have heard a few talk about but not experienced is revenge.  A few people kill themselves to hurt someone around them.

Seeing all our thoughts are chemical and electrical reactions, they are basically the same. If one takes the spiritual realm out of our lives our whole existence is chemical and electrical reactions.....  life itself.....  so it's no wonder that the general thought would be that these things just went astray.  But the same electrical and chemical process causes people to lie, cheat, murder and all kinds of sin, so if you are going to say killing yourself should not keep you from heaven, then neither should murder, rape or hating your neighbor.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying all who kill themselves will go to hell; I'm saying we don't have the authority to make that decision one way or another.  I would think that there would not be any single answer that would be right.  It is not a yes or no question. 

I would say we don't have the authority to play God and state whether a suicide would go to Hell. It isn't up to us and as such it is not right that we would judge the suffering of someone who took their life to after the fact end up in Hell by our opinion. That isn't our right. It isn't anything we know. It is God's seat that receives the soul lost to suicide. A little compassion goes a long way in a discussion like this. Don't you think? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

I would say we don't have the authority to play God and state whether a suicide would go to Hell. It isn't up to us and as such it is not right that we would judge the suffering of someone who took their life to after the fact end up in Hell by our opinion. That isn't our right. It isn't anything we know. It is God's seat that receives the soul lost to suicide. A little compassion goes a long way in a discussion like this. Don't you think? 

i believe my last paragraph says just that.

4 minutes ago, other one said:

i believe my last paragraph says just that.

Apologies. The way your last paragraph reads it seemed like you were saying we don't have the authority to take our own lives.  It's a given we don't have the authority to judge the dead. 

Edited by Wolf Bridges

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

To murder anyone,  even ones self,  is a sin,  and the penalty for sin is death. 

IF there is any exception,  GOD in ALL of HIS WORD never indicated this ;  He is the ONE who knows and decides.

Corrie ten Boom worked with a lot of handicapped children and adults. 

She wrote a wonderful booklet

"COMMON SENSE NOT NEEDED"  and lived and showed and taught in WORD and in EXAMPLE pure/ perfect love for

everyone as God taught her.    Disabled (mentally and physically) individuals she worked with and taught the GOSPEL and LIFE 

had the purest joy,  sweetest expression, pure love for others, 

and they KNEW JESUS (when they were taught JESUS, and  asked for JESUS).  

Even out of the deepest depression there was often healing,  obvious to all around.

True, not everyone is healed.  True,  not everyone is saved. 

God knows who,  and God knows why,  and doesn't tell us all the time,

maybe not even most of the time (about healthy people as well as anyone with challenges).

There is no excuse to be mean spirited to anyone, no matter if they are challenged or in perfect health.

Everyone Jesus and the Apostles and the disciples met, practically and truthfully ,  experienced healing - spirit, soul, mind and body.

Not so today. (at least as far as most people see anywhere).

Towards Peace, Towards Joy,  in the LIFE of CHRIST,  is still the direction of the Ruarch HaKodesh (the Breath of YHWH(GOD) ) .

Away from Peace, Away from joy,  Away from the LIFE of CHRIST is still the direction of most all the world/society.

Whoever HAS THE SON, HAS LIFE.

Whoever HAS NOT THE SON,  HAS NOT LIFE.

When God opens a door,  no man can shut it.

When God closes a door, no man can open it.

Everyone's life is in His Hands.   He is the Perfect,  Righteous, Holy, Judge of all.

Remarkably,   He Heals people, and He Saves people,  and He Delivers people from oppression and from sin,  in JESUS.

The students / people Corrie ten Boom taught classes to and more importantly introduced JESUS to them,  showed radiant JOY in CHRIST JESUS, DAILY.  Some it took a long time to

reach, compared to others.  God never gives up.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I think they will still go to heaven.  If not, I think a person would have to repent from every sin in their life on their death bed.

3 hours ago, other one said:

I've decided to chime in because of the two of you going back and forth for awhile. Please understand this is in love. 

Wouldn't the best answer be, it is God's domain and mercy  that awaits the suicide. 

And leave it at that. Showing compassion for the issue itself being personal experience of any kind speaking on the subject of self-murder is personal and emotionally connected to that speaker. That too is nothing we are fit to judge because we do not live the life that knows those who want to suicide. Or, have. Nor do we know those lives that live in a dark place where killing self to escape self suffering is considered an option. 

Our opinion of suicide is our own. Just as the pain of those in any way associated with the topic on a personal level whatever is their own. 

How are we fit to judge that , a mere opinion on the subject of suicide, personal or impersonal, when we're saying behind that or in defense of that opinion that we're not fit to judge what happens to the soul of a person who takes their own life? 

We can't judge the dead? But we can judge the living? 

In all things show love, compassion. How do we argue someone's personal opinion about suicide at all? When that very act is a personal effort to change their mind to fit to our way of thinking them approved . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Wolf Bridges said:

I've decided to chime in because of the two of you going back and forth for awhile. Please understand this is in love. 

Wouldn't the best answer be, it is God's domain and mercy  that awaits the suicide. 

And leave it at that. Showing compassion for the issue itself being personal experience of any kind speaking on the subject of self-murder is personal and emotionally connected to that speaker. That too is nothing we are fit to judge because we do not live the life that knows those who want to suicide. Or, have. Nor do we know those lives that live in a dark place where killing self to escape self suffering is considered an option. 

Our opinion of suicide is our own. Just as the pain of those in any way associated with the topic on a personal level whatever is their own. 

How are we fit to judge that , a mere opinion on the subject of suicide, personal or impersonal, when we're saying behind that or in defense of that opinion that we're not fit to judge what happens to the soul of a person who takes their own life? 

We can't judge the dead? But we can judge the living? 

In all things show love, compassion. How do we argue someone's personal opinion about suicide at all? When that very act is a personal effort to change their mind to fit to our way of thinking them approved . 

I think that other than saying that we shouldn't be judging their eternal status was the reasons why people kill themselves.   Three of the people I spoke of were very close to me and i had lengthy discussions with them during their lives....   one a very close niece that broke my heart, the second was a work person who I had spent years discussing just about every facet of life there is.   The third was a gentleman that I had coffee with almost every morning since I retired in 2009.   The other three I really shouldn't discuss for their situations were rather private and i don't know if they would want to be discussed.

I cared a lot about all six of them and two of them literally broke my heart.

But reasons why people kill themselves should be discussed so others can understand, and I personally take offense of putting things in the perspective that they had faulty brains and was the cause of their demise.  That simply was not the case in these that I am aware of....   and all the secular scientists in the world can't know unless they know the people personally and with them shortly before they die.

If you know or hear of someone who is thinking of taking their own lives the worst thing you can think is that they have a brain chemistry problem, and the worst thing that one can tell them.  And I will spend my life telling people such.

We have people that come here that are suicidal, and if I hear anyone telling them they have a brain chemistry problem I'll do everything in my power to get them permanently banned.  It would be my personal preference that this whole thread be deleted.

2 minutes ago, other one said:

I think that other than saying that we shouldn't be judging their eternal status was the reasons why people kill themselves.   Three of the people I spoke of were very close to me and i had lengthy discussions with them during their lives....   one a very close niece that broke my heart, the second was a work person who I had spent years discussing just about every facet of life there is.   The third was a gentleman that I had coffee with almost every morning since I retired in 2009.   The other three I really shouldn't discuss for their situations were rather private and i don't know if they would want to be discussed.

I cared a lot about all six of them and two of them literally broke my heart.

But reasons why people kill themselves should be discussed so others can understand, and I personally take offense of putting things in the perspective that they had faulty brains and was the cause of their demise.  That simply was not the case in these that I am aware of....   and all the secular scientists in the world can't know unless they know the people personally and with them shortly before they die.

If you know or hear of someone who is thinking of taking their own lives the worst thing you can think is that they have a brain chemistry problem, and the worst thing that one can tell them.  And I will spend my life telling people such.

We have people that come here that are suicidal, and if I hear anyone telling them they have a brain chemistry problem I'll do everything in my power to get them permanently banned.  It would be my personal preference that this whole thread be deleted.

While I find that deeply offensive and insensitive, I'll simply say that learning chemical neurotransmitters have everything to do with people living their lives understanding their place in this world. Being intolerant of that fact to the point of wanting to get people banned for discussing those facts is something very wrong. And in my opinion deeply selfish. 

It is an inextricable fact that brain chemistry and chemical neurotransmitters are all factors that activate the brain that tells the individual what life is. And chemical imbalance makes for an imbalance in that personal identity and world view. You don't have to agree with that. However, I think that your opinion being as strongly opposed to that fact so much so that you would seek to get people banned for discussing what science has discovered is not fair to people who may seek to understand themselves better happening into a Christian community where suicide is being discussed. 

The Brain and Mental Illness