• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

Lol!

Hi LK,

What I'm trying to say is that some folk point out how revealing bikinis are but in fact one piece suits also are revealing even though they have more fabric - it still contours the body.

So what's the answer to swimming? I don't know but I choose the Aussie female board shorts and t- shirt or rashy swim shirt but even they all stick to your body like a second skin when you get out of the water. Men look no matter what (sorry guys).

I just like to keep things like this as a personal choice between you and God. To some, women running around in jeans and a t-shirt is immoral and sinful.  I just don't like the ideal of passing a judgement call on someone you don't know looking at  how they are dressed. So in other words, you think something looks immoral; don't wear it. And don't expect a sinful world to not act sinful. Just make sure you don't. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

Outside of not wearing a thong to church, I do not think we can.  

Yes, we can.  Most people understand what modesty means, and to say otherwise is just insulting their intelligence, to be honest.   We all know what modest means.   Some take it to extremes, I think, but basic modesty is generally understood. 

Modest attire is different from region to region and different based upon the age of the one making the determination.  You seem to think that your standard is the only one that counts, but it is in the end just your opinion.  

Perhaps it varies in regard to the details, but there is a generally accepted understanding of what modesty looks like.  I am not setting any particular standard.  I am simply appealing to the generally accepted mainstream consensus of what modesty is, overall.  I am not going to extremes on either side.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I just like to keep things like this as a personal choice between you and God. To some, women running around in jeans and a t-shirt is immoral and sinful.  I just don't like the ideal of passing a judgement call on someone you don't know looking at  how they are dressed. So in other words, you think something looks immoral; don't wear it. And don't expect a sinful world to not act sinful. Just make sure you don't. 

I didn't mean to come across as judgmental LK.

• Followers:  12

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm glad I stayed out of this thread, too many 'exposed' land mines lol.

Well I said my 2 cents. I will now sit back and watch it explode.  :exclaimation:

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, HisFirst said:

You have said you have a daughter? In her twenties?

Then as a male (regardless of being her father, you would know exactly how much skin, shortness of hemline and tightness of clothing attracts a man(and I know all men are attracted differently) but I'm pretty certain if it's tight, short and very revealing, most men will look.

Imo, you are being contrary just for the sake of arguing. I could be wrong......

Yeah, I get that a lot, it is what people always seem to think about the one's that do not go along with the group.

But yes, I have a very good idea of much skin, shortness of hemline and tightness of clothing is appropriate and is not.  But you know what, my wife disagrees with my view somewhat and my parents totally think it is wrong.   Which of us is right?

What I know about men is that they are attracted to just about anything, it is in our nature, as we are told.  In the pictures in the OP I am far more attracted to the right picture than the left, but clearly others do not feel that way.  

As a Marine I moved a lot, lived in Japan, and about a half a dozen states all over the country.  I also attended churches in South Korea, the Philippines and Singapore.   Each of those places have their own view of what is modest and what is not.  What is considered ok for church differs between Florida and Wisconsin, more than anything based upon the climate. 

It always seems to be just another way to control people.

1 minute ago, HisFirst said:

I didn't mean to come across as judgmental LK.

I meant to just make a general statement. Your comment just got picked. All is well. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Post of the day!   I wish I could give you more than one heart!  Well said.

Yeah! I got post of the day! Thank you thank you all! :41:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I don't think we can expect the same behavior from a heathen who has never been in a church as we can from people raised in a church.  People who walk in the doors looking for God but come as they are in clothes that they commonly wear in public should not be confronted.  We should be more concerned about the salvation of people who are dressed inappropriately.  I find it very disturbing that men, however distracted they are by the clothing, are not more concerned about these people being loved as they are and find forgiveness in Jesus Christ.  Perhaps you do not have people in your churches with no church background being saved frequently.  We do.  It sometimes takes a few months for this to happen and for them to blend in.  

If a person walks in wearing or not wearing clothing in what seems a deliberate attempt to shock and tempt men, such as in their underwear or something equally outrageous, they should be taken aside and offered something that would cover them more appropriately.  But wearing something that is commonly worn by unbelievers should not be a concern when their salvation is at stake.  

Muslims require a woman's face be covered and that she be covered to her ankles so that she not be a temptation.  In many countries a woman is not to look at a man in the eyes because it is considered flirtatious.  I might find a man's voice attractive, so are men to keep silent in church as well as women.  All of this can become out of hand.  

Job 31:1

“I have made a covenant with my eyes;
how then could I gaze at a virgin?

Guest shiloh357
16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I think you're oversimplifying the problem.  This is about modesty in Church and women dressing provocatively.   We are not passing judgement on anyone. And this is not about the world.   And in the Church, you're part of something larger than yourself, and those who are dressing in a way that can cause another believer to stumble, should be admonished about it.   Correction and judgement are not the  same thing.    If a woman is coming to church dressed in a manner that is leaving less to the imagination, then she should be corrected and asked not dress in that way, and she is offended, that is her problem, not anyone else's.