• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,640
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

But hey I guess ya gotta love those blue eyed blonde haired jesuses on the big silver screen. Bet they will be specially cool with three D glasses.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

On 5/1/2017 at 1:27 PM, The_Patriot2017 said:

What I don't get about women who dress immodesty, but then say "well your not supposed to look" well, question, if you don't want anyone looking at you why did you bother wearing it in the first place. For example women who wear pants with writing on the posterior...and then whine when people are staring at it...I'm like if you don't want people staring at it don't wear something that draws attention to it. Seems pretty common sense to me.

True...

On 5/1/2017 at 1:23 PM, missmuffet said:

Being dressed in a manner that "honors God" is the bottom line here.

I agree. 

On 5/1/2017 at 8:54 PM, Cletus said:

Is africa a christian land?  Apples and oranges. 

I grew up in Africa, there are definitely Christians there.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Well, yes, if you read the thread you will see that it was declared that displaying the body in public was "filth".   I would advise actually reading the threads in the future to avoid these sorts of embarrassing rants. 

No, it was said that public nudity is filth.  Need to stop trying to muddy the water about what was said.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it was said that public nudity is filth.  Need to stop trying to muddy the water about what was said.

6548cfff5b80c430400c38e014406e0c_semantics-semantics-everywhere-semantics-meme_472-472.png

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

6548cfff5b80c430400c38e014406e0c_semantics-semantics-everywhere-semantics-meme_472-472.png

No, it is not semantics.   No one said a guy chopping firewood without a shirt on was filth.  It was the issue of public nudity.   A little more intellectual honesty would be helpful.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Fridaywinds said:

Attention! Attention!
As the latest resident new arrival can I point out something? Where's the LOVE? :(
I've watched all the movies that Hollywood could fathom to make in bringing the bible to the big screen. And almost all those movies carry with them a story line that shares the whole meaning of Jesus and his gospel was to create peace and harmony among people who would come to hear his words and live his teachings.
I've left the theater after some of those movies played feeling like I'd just left a church because the deep message of inspiration in the gospel was easily sensed in the person that played the Jesus role. As if they themselves were in Christ and brought his teachings into the role so as to deliver a sermon and a movie at the same time. Son of God movie and the actor that played Jesus was one such person.

Now, here I am just joining a forum that says of itself that it is WORTHY and a Christian forum. And since entering into the Apologetics section I see contentious people at each others throats. Or at others throats who aren't actually here to defend themselves but they're claimed by a bunch of people to not be Christian anyway because they're Orthodox or some other thing or other.

What's wrong with you people? Seriously! This kind of bickering and back biting is just RUDE! This isn't the feel that is suppose to come from being IN a forum committed to the beloved truth of a gentle pastor named Jesus.
There's no peace, happiness, gentleness, compassion, or charity here in this discussion. Not in a bunch of the others under the Apologetics heading of threads I've been in so far either.

It feels like the one's that are at this kind of thing need to be shown the gospel way.
God have mercy people! :(

Finally a voice of reason.   

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Finally a voice of reason.   

Yeah, 'cause those voices defending biblical values are just crazy.  :rolleyes:

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Fridaywinds said:

Attention! Attention!
As the latest resident new arrival can I point out something? Where's the LOVE? :(
I've watched all the movies that Hollywood could fathom to make in bringing the bible to the big screen. And almost all those movies carry with them a story line that shares the whole meaning of Jesus and his gospel was to create peace and harmony among people who would come to hear his words and live his teachings.
I've left the theater after some of those movies played feeling like I'd just left a church because the deep message of inspiration in the gospel was easily sensed in the person that played the Jesus role. As if they themselves were in Christ and brought his teachings into the role so as to deliver a sermon and a movie at the same time. Son of God movie and the actor that played Jesus was one such person.

Now, here I am just joining a forum that says of itself that it is WORTHY and a Christian forum. And since entering into the Apologetics section I see contentious people at each others throats. Or at others throats who aren't actually here to defend themselves but they're claimed by a bunch of people to not be Christian anyway because they're Orthodox or some other thing or other.

What's wrong with you people? Seriously! This kind of bickering and back biting is just RUDE! This isn't the feel that is suppose to come from being IN a forum committed to the beloved truth of a gentle pastor named Jesus.
There's no peace, happiness, gentleness, compassion, or charity here in this discussion. Not in a bunch of the others under the Apologetics heading of threads I've been in so far either.

It feels like the one's that are at this kind of thing need to be shown the gospel way.
God have mercy people! :(

We debate and we argue. That is the nature of of message boards.  If that is problem, we have the fellowship forum which is a non debate area.  Feel free to avail yourself of that forum or the "Absolutely Postive" forum.