IGNORED

Ever saw a situation like this..

Guest Teditis
49 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

That's not it. Look past the womb in ministry issue. She was offered many minitry opportunities but declined and when not allowed to preach, got irate and said nothing for women to do.

Regardless of your  view on women in ministry,the point is this -we often can want the prestigious up front jobs and not want the less glorious. Thats the  wrong attitude. Service to God is not about prestige  ,it's about submission to what needs to be done. 

I could see what you were referring to... not sure why others missed it.

Regardless, "June" has a problem and it's a tough one to figure out how to help her with it.

Firstly, she needs to recognize that the problem is her own and nobody is in the position to

"parent her along" in life. Helping the church be a Body unified should be all of the congregants

role. Also, the Deacon could use some help in working to encourage people into the positions that

he needs filled... recruiting help is supposed to be in his repertoire of skills.

Granted, it's a hypothetical situation, but I could see where this could be a problem in a church body.

So now the Deacon has something to preach on next week...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I find this situation funny and ironic.  If you not willing to teach Sunday's school or help with youth group,why should we put you onstage to preach.

That's  like expecting to be a manager when you first get a job.  As an older man once pointed out to me-people will want to do fancy things like dvbs and work at once a year grand events but not realise the importance of the" smaller jobs".  If your  attitude  is in the right place then you'd realise that your probably make more of an impact working each week at Sunday school or youth group than preaching 2 or 3 times a year. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

A knee jerk reaction.  People see-women,ministry and  focused on that aspect ignoring  the other points to it

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes people are physically limited in what they are able to do so they sound like they are being picky.  But anyone who could preach from the pulpit should be able to help with a Bible study.  I have found that most pastors gladly lead in painting, fixing and cleaning when necessary.  They are servants first, and don't ask people to do what they wouldn't do.  Often these things are pleasant relief from the heavy burden of counseling.  

I agree with creative mechanic. College grads expect to be placed immediately in a position they had studied for but are often place in a beginning position.  This is especially true if they had no work experience while in high school or college.  People who have consistently shown up for work at menial jobs are more readily hired.  

Mat 25:23  His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

This is a made up text but it portrays  a problems that can occur 

IMG-20170505-WA0003.jpg

There are a number of positions that is appropriate for the woman to hold in the church that have been put before them. Maybe they think those positions are beneath them. The Bible teaches that a woman should not take the position of a pastor in the Church. People are not obedient to what the Bible teaches us. They just want to do their own thing.

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Don't look at the trees  look at the forest. It's identifying  a serious attitude problem with people ,not only women

Well yes it is the world we live in.

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

This coukd have easily been a man asking to preach

And the men of the Church are capable as well of doing those jobs that have been put before the women. If any of the women decline the work then when they come back asking for work in the Church they will need to be reminded that they turned it down.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

53 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

A knee jerk reaction.  People see-women,ministry and  focused on that aspect ignoring  the other points to it

Actually, when the two are combined, that is the focus, if you look at the history of threads here, so it was not a knee jerk reaction as it was about not having any more infighting.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

This is a made up text but it portrays  a problems that can occur 

IMG-20170505-WA0003.jpg

Do you have a problem with women?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

People are not obedient to what the Bible teaches us. They just want to do their own thing.

I don't think it is so much people not being obedient to the Bible. But people have a  different interpretation as to the meaning of the passage of scripture.

Anyway, I've gone over all of this is past postings on this topic. I don't have the energy to do it all over again.