• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I look at a book like the Apocalypse of Ezra more as a commentary, giving explanatory text to give us the full meaning of what's written.  I am not arguing for the expansion of the Canon.  But I fail to see any reason for coming down on Christians who are searching for the pearls of wisdom hidden that can be found in these books.  This does not include the pseudo-Apocrypha.

I haven't read anything in this thread that is 'coming down on' Christians who read the extrabiblical books; have you?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Other One

I just took a quick look at 3Enoch.  Is this the one? It starts with chapter 72. God is explaining his creation of the illuminaries, starting with the sun, how it rises from the east and sets in the west, and the path it uses to get from A-B with detail, determining the length of days, and the seasons, months and years.  The only thing unusual about it is that it says the opposite from what science has taught us?  Science says that the earth rotates around the sun, and Enoch was shown the opposite.

So if the Kabbalist know and teach this, why have they hidden it from us and kept silent?  It's not like they wrote it, but obviously had access to this information that they kept all for themselves thinking they were the special ones?  It tells me one thing, that they have kept silent for evil purposes - to deceive.  So all this information to them will be turned to sin, and understanding will not be given to them.

2 And in the days of the sinners the years shall be shortened,

And their seed shall be tardy on their lands and fields,

And all things on the earth shall alter,

And shall not appear in their time:

And the rain shall be kept back

And the heaven shall withhold (it).

3 And in those times the fruits of the earth shall be backward,

And shall not grow in their time,

And the fruits of the trees shall be withheld in their time.

4 And the moon shall alter her order,

And not appear at her time.

5 [And in those days the sun shall be seen and he shall journey in the evening on the extremity of the great chariot in the west]

(Christ came to give light to a dark place.  The sun always sets in the west. Even though Christ came to give light, the darkness did not receive him. The world is still in that darkness stage)

And shall shine more brightly than accords with the order of light.

6 And many chiefs of the stars shall transgress the order (prescribed).

(Satan and his angels thrown out of heaven at the resurrection, because they did not keep their station)

And these shall alter their orbits and tasks,

(do their own thing)

And not appear at the seasons prescribed to them.

(leave their posts)

7 And the whole order of the stars shall be concealed from the sinners,

(the order that was shown to Enoch regarding the angels keeping their stations)

And the thoughts of those on the earth shall err concerning them,

[And they shall be altered from all their ways],

Yea, they shall err and take them to be gods.

(Kabalists, this is talking about you too)

8 And evil shall be multiplied upon them,

And punishment shall come upon them So as to destroy all.'

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,196
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Sister said:

Other One

I just took a quick look at 3Enoch.  Is this the one? It starts with chapter 72. God is explaining his creation of the illuminaries, starting with the sun, how it rises from the east and sets in the west, and the path it uses to get from A-B with detail, determining the length of days, and the seasons, months and years.  The only thing unusual about it is that it says the opposite from what science has taught us?  Science says that the earth rotates around the sun, and Enoch was shown the opposite.

So if the Kabbalist know and teach this, why have they hidden it from us and kept silent?  It's not like they wrote it, but obviously had access to this information that they kept all for themselves thinking they were the special ones?  It tells me one thing, that they have kept silent for evil purposes - to deceive.  So all this information to them will be turned to sin, and understanding will not be given to them.

2 And in the days of the sinners the years shall be shortened,

And their seed shall be tardy on their lands and fields,

And all things on the earth shall alter,

And shall not appear in their time:

And the rain shall be kept back

And the heaven shall withhold (it).

3 And in those times the fruits of the earth shall be backward,

And shall not grow in their time,

And the fruits of the trees shall be withheld in their time.

4 And the moon shall alter her order,

And not appear at her time.

5 [And in those days the sun shall be seen and he shall journey in the evening on the extremity of the great chariot in the west]

(Christ came to give light to a dark place.  The sun always sets in the west. Even though Christ came to give light, the darkness did not receive him. The world is still in that darkness stage)

And shall shine more brightly than accords with the order of light.

6 And many chiefs of the stars shall transgress the order (prescribed).

(Satan and his angels thrown out of heaven at the resurrection, because they did not keep their station)

And these shall alter their orbits and tasks,

(do their own thing)

And not appear at the seasons prescribed to them.

(leave their posts)

7 And the whole order of the stars shall be concealed from the sinners,

(the order that was shown to Enoch regarding the angels keeping their stations)

And the thoughts of those on the earth shall err concerning them,

[And they shall be altered from all their ways],

Yea, they shall err and take them to be gods.

(Kabalists, this is talking about you too)

8 And evil shall be multiplied upon them,

And punishment shall come upon them So as to destroy all.'

It's probably been 30 years since I read 3Enoch....    I decided not to give it much attention then.    I don't have what you are looking at so I can't really say it's the same or not.

This is 3Enoch:    https://archive.org/stream/HebrewBookOfEnochenoch3/BookOfEnoch3#page/n0/mode/1up

all three books

https://archive.org/stream/AllTheBooksOfEnochenoch1Enoch2Enoch3/AllBooksOfEnoch#page/n0/mode/1up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a snip out of this site     1 Enoch is a combination of several books.

enoch.jpg

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.50
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I haven't read anything in this thread that is 'coming down on' Christians who read the extrabiblical books; have you?

We as Christians have to be careful when we read extra Biblical material.  Some of it is gnostic in nature which would lead one away from a relationship with Jesus.  The  books I've mentioned are not gnostic.

To answer your question directly, yes, I have read Christians putting down those of who study the Bible and look at the named books of the Old Testament sort of as a commentary.  Even the books by Dr. Ken Johnson warn against elevating these books to the level of the Protestant Canon.  There are people here willing to stone me because I read something else besides the 1611 KJV Bible.  I will fight against this self-imposed legalism and read the best translations I can which includes: KJV, NKJV, NIV, ESV, NASB, HCSB, YLT, AMP, etc.

11 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

MorningGlory said it better than I could:

We really need to stop thinking man has the ability to completely thwart God, Saved.One.by.Grace. We have what God wanted us to have; man is not perfect, but that never stopped the Lord, nor will it.

Save you lectures for someone else.

25 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Save you lectures for someone else.

You have been getting some good council on this thread. Do you have a teachable spirit? 

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 - Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16AllScripture is God-breathed and is useful forinstruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

Enoch was disqualified :

2 Peter 1:21
For no prophecy was ever brought about through human initiative, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

The books of enoch are NOT FROM GOD. They were thrown out FOR A REASON!!

"New Agers,Luciferians and other occultists use the book of Enoch to indoctrinate the unsuspecting into occult mysticism.When I was in the occult the book of Enoch was actually the first book in my library. I had it for most of my occult career. Along with other Gnostic books such as the book of Moses(The Assumption of Moses and the Testament of Moses),and the Greater and Lesser keys of Solomon,they are highly regarded in the occult world."

"The truth is that Gnostics “strive for” experiencing God without knowing and submitting to Christ or His Body, the church. Even today, the wish to “experience God face-to-face” without Christ’s mediation (1 Timothy 2:5) is not just an honest effort to avoid false religion (of which there is much), but to not submit to any spiritual authority at all – whether it be God’s Church, God’s Word or even God’s Christ!"

https://kimolsen.net/2011/11/23/gnostic-mysticism-and-the-nephillim-part-1/

Blessings :) 

12 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

You have been getting some good council on this thread. Do you have a teachable spirit? 

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 - Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16AllScripture is God-breathed and is useful forinstruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

Enoch was disqualified :

For no prophecy was ever brought about through human initiative, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

"New Agers,Luciferians and other occultists use the book of Enoch to indoctrinate the unsuspecting into occult mysticism.When I was in the occult the book of Enoch was actually the first book in my library. I had it for most of my occult career. Along with other Gnostic books such as the book of Moses(The Assumption of Moses and the Testament of Moses),and the Greater and Lesser keys of Solomon,they are highly regarded in the occult world."

"The truth is that Gnostics “strive for” experiencing God without knowing and submitting to Christ or His Body, the church. Even today, the wish to “experience God face-to-face” without Christ’s mediation (1 Timothy 2:5) is not just an honest effort to avoid false religion (of which there is much), but to not submit to any spiritual authority at all – whether it be God’s Church, God’s Word or even God’s Christ!"

I do not believe I've received good council on this subject.  I will leave it like that to avoid unnecessary strife between Christians.

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Enoch was disqualified :

3Enoch I would agree......  1Enoch that is not reality....    and I don't recommend 3 Enoch to anyone who is not studying deep occult, and I warn them about how dangerous that is.

It is a mistake to put the three books in the same category for they are not the same nor do they have the same origin.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

3Enoch I would agree......  1Enoch that is not reality....    and I don't recommend 3 Enoch to anyone who is not studying deep occult, and I warn them about how dangerous that is.

It is a mistake to put the three books in the same category for they are not the same nor do they have the same origin.

:thumbsup:

• Loved it! 1