• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The fools errand of joining light with darkness is the definition for ecumenism ... so we have this warning

Proverbs 17:16 (KJV)

[16] Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?

the greatest wisdom found in Adams children knew this and sits as a reminder to all who come to these shoresexclamation thumbsup.jpg

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, enoob57 said:

[16] Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?

Jesus said this same thing over Jerusalem, didn't He ?   The problem/ sin keeps going in cycles for men as they repeatedly oppose God from Adam till Jesus Returns.

46 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Sometimes confusion is used to produce the results intended.

Jesus brought a sword, not peace, but not confusion either.  His Word separated people from their religion,  from their own family even,  from everything opposed to God'S Word.

Jesus and the Apostles sure stirred things up everywhere they went,   LIGHT coming into darkness,  but they did not accept the religion of others, not the ways of the religious nor the ways of the irreligious, not the ways of man at all -

i.e. Jesus and the Apostles,  led by YHWH ETERNAL SOVEREIGN ABBA, 

did not try to unite men, nor men's groups,  nor religious groups,  nor irreligious groups

at all.   Jesus did not change since then - He still is not uniting men, nor men's groups, nor religious groups, nor irreligious groups - no groups at all - But He still is LIGHT,  exposing darkness, revealing darkness/ men's thoughts and motives;   Jesus is calling everyone to Himself,  and those who come to Him,  He does not reject.  So everyone,   everyone who comes to HIM, to JESUS MESSIAH,  becomes one.    One in the Father.   Not one with the world.

This confuses the world.  Some people see the confusion of the world,  and turn to Jesus !  YES !

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

The fools errand of joining light with darkness is the definition for ecumenism ... so we have this warning

the greatest wisdom found in Adams children knew this and sits as a reminder to all who come to these shoresexclamation thumbsup.jpg

Genesis 1:3-5

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Genesis 1:14-19

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

What was the first light God made on the first day of creation ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Teditis said:

I'm not the one "poking holes"... you did that, along with several others.

You could have just asked the OP for clarification but instead you posted how it was his fault that the thread got derailed.

Or you could have googled the word yourself if you're unclear about the meaning... even studied the topic a bit... but no, you

chose to blame him for instigating chaos. And what have you added? Nothing but strife.

I've already posted my thoughts, earlier in the thread, about the OP and his intentions.

You still have not responded with something meaningful to the thread.   Where did i say that it was his fault the thread got derailed.  Is the thread derailed, i don't think so.  This is a forum, the OP can make his request for all to come and participate and no bad comments ect, but the reality is you are dealing with people from different walks of life and not everyone here is a believer and or agrees , therefore some will give opinions that is not in line with the OP liking.  STRIFE.  No sir, but i don't shake hands with the devil. 

So you want to blame me for causing strife.  Show me that. show me what i wrote.   Every poster must be open for constructive criticism of his writings or he will never know what he wrote is acceptable by others and then he will be self opinionated.  

You are getting railed up in your defence of the OP and i have no issues with that.  But if you are going to label me, then show me where i have erred and i will issue an apology.  Don't just throw words because you can, prove it.   

Edited by warrior12

1 hour ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Who was there to tell ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Who was there to tell ?

What is there to believe?

The Truth, as Revealed by YHWH and Y'SHUA.

Always in line, and perfect HARMONY with all of YHWH'S PLAN, PURPOSE, SALVATION in Y'SHUA and HIS WORD.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Wolf Bridges said:

The light we speak of (illumination on a corporeal basis) yes .... it is interesting that the darkness, being also created by God,

Isaiah 45:7 (KJV)

[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

is not mentioned directly but as a result of bringing matter into existence

Genesis 1:1-2 (KJV)

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The most necessary aspect of creation is to understand- that which was before was God alone- in the State of His Three Persons, Being God, and this in His infinite fulness... creation itself points to but does not encompass Him -for only He Himself 'IS' that fullness! God 'IS' Spirit

John 4:24 (KJV)

[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

It was the power of God to illumine truth to all who come to Him (the created witness of Spiritual realities) ... perhaps it was turning the illumination of what he was doing for His sons the angels :noidea:  for we are kept by Scripture that they were created sometime after the place for them to be-> heavens and before day four

Job 38:7 (KJV)

[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I just noticed this thread today for the first time. I see there are over 100 posts!  Yikes, look at what I have missed. 

I have read two pages only and I see two posters I have great respect for - Yowm and Fedei- are still discussing the ground rules, to use a baseball term in hopes of making my point clearer. 

What I like about this thread, and I thank Fedei for starting it, is that it is trying to do something most threads don't do- take the debate out of it, and instead let's all come together embracing what we do have in common. After all, WE ARE ALL CREATED IN HIS IMAGE! 

This reminds me of stories I've read from history where both sides in a war declared a temporary cease fire, and the soldiers from each side came together to "have fun" and forget about the war for a while.  They even played sports with each other. That is what I see Fedei attempting to do, and I applaud him for that.  Awesome thought, brother! 

Now, my other brother Yowm has one great trait obvious to me (I'm sure many more)- he is a single minded man who cares about one main thing- the Gospel of Jesus Christ is only to be promoted with no competitors allowed. He sees the word Ecumenical and I know this causes his stomach to turn. I completely understand.  That word doesn't make me feel pleasant thoughts either. I think, correct me if I'm wrong Yowm, he finds it a wee bit more difficult to break bread with some people who may not agree with him concerning what the Gospel of Jesus Christ stands for and in particular, what does the Bible say? Therefore, he may feel a thread like this is trying to get both unbelievers and believers together in a circle holding hands singing Kumbaya, and this thought doesn't make him feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

I don't have any wise words like Solomon to resolve this tension but I will just share my personal thoughts- I too am bellicose when it comes to the Gospel and I will defend such with all my strength......but I won't do it on this thread.  This thread is the thread that brings us all together honoring that truce, so that we can find ways to make connections and to live out the command of Jesus who said that we are even to LOVE our enemies!  My definition of an enemy is someone who rejects the claims and deeds of Christ, so I believe God still wants me to show love to that person, be it Muslim, Buddhist, JWs, and maybe even RCC member (if you think they are an enemy of the Gospel). 

So, I will be happy to smoke the peace pipe with anyone here on this thread (friend or foe) and I will rejoice with all other people also made in Gods Image, as we celebrate and honor our great God the Father, His Son, Lord Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  

Peace, hope, truth, and the greatest of all, love,

spock

Edited by Spock