IGNORED

Ecumenism: "Why Can't We Be Friends?"

Guest Teditis
7 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I want to be lockstep with the Lord. Period.

That's a form of Legalism, in my opinion, as it's impossible to accomplish in the flesh.

We are all sinners, incapable of being perfect as Christ was found perfect. Our innate

sinfulness is the very reason that Christ came to ransom us from that bondage. In the

here and now, there is freedom/liberty in Christ. As Paul said in regard to the Law:

Gal. 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 minutes ago, Teditis said:

That's a form of Legalism, in my opinion, as it's impossible to accomplish in the flesh.

We are all sinners, incapable of being perfect as Christ was found perfect. Our innate

sinfulness is the very reason that Christ came to ransom us from that bondage. In the

here and now, there is freedom/liberty in Christ. As Paul said in regard to the Law:

Gal. 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage

It's called reading the Bible and following what is taught there.  That's not of the flesh. That's of the written word.

Guest Teditis
6 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

It's called reading the Bible and following what is taught there.  That's not of the flesh. That's of the written word.

That's not the Gospel though... knowing the Bible is a good thing, but not required for Salvation... at least not according to the Bible.

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, Davida said:

If the goal is Christian unity - this is just a kind of like Woodstock for Christians?   and like Woodstock the danger in this is a joining & agreeing with heresies for the purpose of being in a big collective group. Ecumenism is a movement for the reversing of the Reformation and a calling back the Protestants to be one body under the RCC.

It would probably surprise a lot of people how many Catholics are involved in pushing ecumenicism and the emergent church and false "unity."

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

8 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I don't judge people who wish to be left alone, but I do judge those I wish to associate with as some of these go against what the Bible states and then justifies their actions by saying that the word of God is not enough.  I don't pray through Mary and I don't pray through the Saints because The Bible says what to do and neither of those are in the Bible. Having people in close proximity with others who believe in anything that is not scriptural based is to consciously allow the degrading of the word of God and I will not do that, because as a Christian, I am tasked to recount the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John not Larry, Moe,Curly and Shemp..

If you truly loved such people you would speak the truth boldly and dont worry about whom you might offend. How will they learn the truth otherwise if you dont speak out.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

3 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I happen to think all Christians who believe in Trinity (which includes Catholics) and profess same statement of faith (Nicene Creed and Apostle's Creed) are Christian (because the creeds are based on the Bible, the councils formulated what makes an Orthodox/right believing Christian)

Sorry that isnt true because not all the teachings that people believe in are based on Scripture. Catholics wrongly put Mary on a pedestal; Mormons believe in a false prophet and false gospel. Charismatics believe in a get rich quick scheme and that the sign gifts still exist. Seventh Day Adventists have their own thing.

Such people cannot be called christian if you put man's false teachings alongside, or in some cases, even above the bible.

Guest Teditis

It's NOT the Bible that Saves somebody... why can't people see this.

It's the belief and faith in/of Jesus' work in His life, death and resurrection that Saves.

If a group which holds these Truths of Christ, interpret the Scriptures in such a way that they

revere Him in a different manner than you, you claim that they're not following Scripture at all...

that's not accurate. They're not changing the Gospel nor putting things above Christ.

Though that does happen sometimes, then those individuals may be unregenerate, but that shouldn't

condemn all individuals in any given denomination.

So long as some calls Jesus "Lord" and understands that He's Son of God... that's good enough for me.

I'm not sure why you guys add to the Gospel and expect more of others than God Himself does.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

4 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

A mission field? At this point more people are bound to become Catholic watching Judas and others who speak with grace and dignity, instead of joining Protestants to protest every precieved error in every sentence. 

Love? How has the plethora of antagonistic posts towards unity in Christ be love? There hasn't been one response to my clarifcations on what kinda of ecuemism I was presenting, just assumptions. 

:emot-heartbeat:

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

mirror_capgras.jpg

:24:  :24:  :24:

Yeah, Me Too

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror James 1:23 (New International Version)

Gotta Love James :)

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

That is clearly just an  opinion , how would he know that?  Was a census taken?  I guess if people don't care for Biblical truth that is another thing.

I was involved in many spiritual groups and they were Anything but CHRISTIAN - guess what - the devil loves to promote his falsehoods via  a friendly face, & with hugs and lots of handshakes.

The gurus that speak soft words of  flattery and universal l-o-v-e.  :emot-heartbeat:   :group-hug:

I lost a lot of close friendships when I left it because of being saved -  JESUS CHRIST was the dividing factor. They didn't want anything to do with me after that.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

~

Although One May Or May Not Agree With A Person's Post
Indeed One Is Allowed By The LORD
To Love The Poster
IMO

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. Colossians 4:6 (New Heart English Bible)

:emot-heartbeat: