• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Salvation is simple:

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved." (Romans 10:9-10).

"For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day." (John 6:40)

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

"Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!" (Romans 5:8)

"and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:24)

Believe and confess. Simple, even a child can understand it, "And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3).

I say KISS: Keep It Simple Saints.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Oh but would every catholic friend and relative of mine  know and understand what you have quoted, there would much rejoicing in heaven. You need to become a "new generation" priest Fidei, and start preaching the gospel!

Very strange response . 

21 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Salvation is simple:

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved." (Romans 10:9-10).

"For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day." (John 6:40)

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

"Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!" (Romans 5:8)

"and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:24)

Believe and confess. Simple, even a child can understand it, "And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3).

Just to be justified, will that do? 

PS 

This is a serious question. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:50 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Salvation is simple:

Is it really so simple?

If so, why do so many disappoint daily?

Why would Jesus have had to explain how to achieve salvation. Surely he mentions more than this.

The commandments still hold true and should be followed.

Is it as simple?

I know many who have confessed and believe. Yet they also believe that Jesus' sacrifice excuses them from accountability for their sins.

Many are as children, misled and misguided by society and even fellow Christians into misinterpretation of their part in Salvation. 

This can be a very complicated understanding for some.

It's great that you may find it simple, but remember that we are chosen to properly explain, guide and lead to those who may not feel it is that simple.

If it were so simple why so many teachings in Scripture? Why so many lessons throughout life? It is a daily struggle, and more difficult for some than others.

We should not just be filled with our own grace but help and understand others whom may need more help.

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

I believe it is. Simple. To believe what God said,

God said many things, do you have something very specific in mind , the most important that God said. 

There is always the beginning. 

and what I needed to do to be saved.

One time you post Scriptures that say it is by faith only "believe".

Now you say, what I needed to do to be saved, suggesting a list of things to be done. 

It is confusing. 

Discipleship came later. The meat.  And is still a work in progress for all of us.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Salvation is simple. It's humans that will make it complicated. 

56 minutes ago, Happinessity said:

Salvation is simple. It's humans that will make it complicated. 

To be saved from Hell is simple, John 3:16. 

How the teachings of men using the teachings of other men take away the simple? 

And how the teachings of men using the Bible, some the old Scriptures, some the New, and some using both the New and old Scriptures and the Phalms and the Prophets (emphasis is mine).            to make saved from Hell, only for the very few. 

Preaching a Gospel of exclusion. Instant of inclusion. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/13/2017 at 2:50 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Salvation is simple:

Yes, it is. 

30 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Yes, it is. 

To be saved from Hell is simple.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Sorry to confuse you. I suppose you missed it............"Salvation is by grace through faith". I assumed you were saved, born again, and knew the scriptures. I think you are trying to get into another type of discussion, faith only, works, osas, etc.        Not right now, OK brother?

Read below, what God says about this subject.

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” We must all realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. We are not worthy of God’s grace.

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Through Jesus, God gave us a way to be saved from our sins. God showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and repent of our sins, we will have eternal life.

Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Just confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you will be saved!

Romans 10:13 “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” There are no religious formulas or rituals -- Call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved!

Mar_10:15  Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

When my kids were little, I told them that when they disobeyed, they would be punished. They understood. I told them that God the Father also would have to punish them when they disobeyed His commands.  But the punishments were eternal and very bad. They understood. BUT. God loved them very much, and God gave His son, Jesus,  to take our punishment for us. They understood. But you must believe this for Jesus to come into them and take away their punishment. They understood. And each one ask Jesus to come into them and take away their punishment, because they believed what they heard.  And they did. The milk. Later, we discipled them, with the meat.  And it was real. I have living proof. ...................Praise God. 

Do you think it right to judge them not saved? And then call them brother?