• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

41 minutes ago, Davida said:

Good you ask, Spock, it helps to reinforce my feelings on that specific scripture , as I have bought several head coverings for that specific purpose even though it isn't necessary as far as my Pastor's opinion & doesn't coincide with the interpretation of the Church I attend that teaches i.e. woman's head covering = her hair. I intend to cover my head though I shall be the only one.

I applaud you for this, davida. ?

You can always find some man to tell you what you want to hear and I'm sure your minister isn't going to start teaching that women should wear hijabs like the Muslim women. His congreatation will shrink and he will be out of a job. 

If you argue that Paul said long hair on woman = head covering, is he then saying women with short hair are displeasing to God? So, then are Christian women today with short hair in sin? 

Oh, and did you notice what Paul said about men with LONG HAIR in v. 14?  It is a dishonor to him!

What did Paul mean?  Are men who love God sinning by wearing long hair?  Paul seems to say yes.

Btw, if you study the Corinth culture, you will find this:

short hair on women was a sign of temple prostitution 

long hair on men was a sign of temple prostitution 

Anyhow, I find peace and harmony when trying to understand some of Pauls letters when I use both context and culture to help figure things out. 

Edited by Spock

1 hour ago, wingnut- said:

I wonder if it isn't in following out the thought all the way through.  As in, we are the Body of Christ.  Can a lung digest food, or a stomach breathe air?  To me it is really that simple, but that could be because I am convinced that all scripture is God-breathed, and inerrant.  Seems to be an awful lot of disputing over that fact of late, can't seem to get away from it :laugh:

Maybe, God expects Man and woman to use that wonderful complex brain God gave us, that separates us from the ape, to think things out. 

Edited by Spock

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Maybe, God expects Man and woman to use that wonderful complex brain God gave us, that separates us from the ape, to think things out. 

Hey, I was told by many inerrant scripture people that the 4th amendment no longer applies, and that I can just tear it out of my Bible.  The 10C don't apply to me! Ooooooooooookay! 

4th amendment in the bible :noidea:

5 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

4th amendment in the bible :noidea:

Nice catch!

Edited by Spock

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

Nice catch!

I do read the posts addressed to me and give them due consideration :laugh:

1 minute ago, wingnut- said:

I do read the posts addressed to me and give them due consideration :laugh:

Do me a favor if you don't mind.....don't rebut my 4th A. Comment on this thread.  We already have one started. I think I will go edit it and delete that portion. 

16 minutes ago, Spock said:

Do me a favor if you don't mind.....don't rebut my 4th A. Comment on this thread.  We already have one started. I think I will go edit it and delete that portion. 

Sure thing brother ;)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Does whether or not people obey the Word of God validate it's Truth?

You seem to be saying yes in matters concerning women pastors. Or is it just a selective article in scripture that you're adamant about? Even going so far as to imply people aren't really in Christ when they disagree with your perspective on the issue. 

While ignoring what has been said about Paul's letter to the church in Corinth. That that edict was for the church in Corinth and does not apply today. Namely because, as should be obvious, Paul said of the faithful in Christ that there is no male or female. Which would revoke the gender roles being argued in this thread today as it did when Paul first gave the word of the Lord to the readers. And that would mean that God calls whom he will in service to him. 

Ignoring those scriptures in favor of one that was exclusive to a church in Corinth , as the Timothy Epistles were, isn't actually validating the truth. It's obscuring the facts in favor of a certain prejudice against women. 

What Are the Epistles?

The New Testament Epistles Are Letters to the Early Churches and Believers

• 1 Timothy (Pastoral Epistle) - The book of 1 Timothy describes Christ-centered living in the Christian church, both for leaders and members.
  • 2 Timothy (Pastoral Epistle) - Written by Paul just before his death, 2 Timothy is a moving letter, teaching us how we can be confident even during hardship.

23 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sorry Wolf, long day....so that is your claim that it was just for the church of Corinth. I disagree.  Imo,  Paul saying the faithful in Christ is not male or female - has absolutely Nothing to do with Paul saying women can not be Pastors and does in no way contradict what he said in 1Tim2.   - as I said before Paul anchored his statement to Genesis to scripture making it a doctrinal statement.  By choosing to ignore or discount what Paul says as applying to the present , you must also ignore what Titus says , "An elder must be the husband of one wife"  Where does the disavowing scripture  & reinterpreting it to suit contemporary desires end?

Titus 1:5-9 " 5For this reason I left you in Crete, that you would set in order what remains and appoint elders in every city as I directed you, 6namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of dissipation or rebellion. 7For the overseer must be above reproach as God’s steward, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain, 8but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, self-controlled, 9holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict.

Believe it, I know long day. Phew. Thank God it is almost over and we can both relax. :)

I don't think we'll agree on this issue so I'm going to let it drop. I respect anyone's right to believe God doesn't call women to deliver the good news of his son to the world. I happen to disagree. When we are all one in Christ there's no addendum that makes exception to the "all".  

Blessings. Have a peaceful evening. :)