• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/27/2017 at 6:32 PM, flipflop2234 said:

Right now I'm kind of freaking out. I am afraid that I do not have the Holy Spirit/ghost. I'm very worried that my repentance is out of fear and that my coming to Christ was not a calling from God, but me trying to save myself. Come to think of it when I did come to God I was very afraid of hell and I still am. There have been times where I have been  filled with joy and happy to serve the Lord because of how overjoyed and sure I was with Peace knowing that I was saved. I have aknowledged that I am a sinner and I need God to forgive me through Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. I know that I have to trust him and have faith in him for my salvation. I believe in Jesus but I can't tell if my belief is real or not, I have faith in Jesus but I don't know if it's real  or not. I've sought to live according to God's will and I've definitely produced some fruit, I've also turned away from a lot of sin in my life and have asked jesus to help me overcome sin daily. I constantly pray to God in prayer thanking him for the trials he puts me through and I hope that this is just one of them. I am worried sick that I do not actually have the Holy Spirit and that all the things that I've been doing have just been my feeble attempts at saving myself and that God has not called me at all but my stupid, mortal, sefish, horrible, sick, twisted mind has lead me to God as a sort of safety net for insurance. I want to be sincere and I want to serve God but I'm just so afraid that he hasn't really called me and the fact that I'm putting so much effort into learning about God, doing what his word says, turning away from sin, and praying to him is just proof that I am not sincere and that my efforts is attempt to overcompensate. I'm crying while writing this because it's so sad to think about god just looking at me shaking his head in disgrace at me because I wasn't one of the elect that he has called to him and he hasn't granted me the gift of repentance and faith for salvation because it's not his will to save me. I know God is sovereign and just to choose who he hardens and who he has mercy but serving to glorify god is extremely hard with the end destination of my fight of faith being second death. I have spread the gospel to people even when I really was embarrassed and scared for awkwardness and even brought my friend to faith in Christ but it's so hard to serve with this constant fear that God condems me. I call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and God to forgive me and rescue me daily, I aknowledge that I'm sinner daily, I ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, but I just feel like the fact that I still struggle with the feelings of unrest, uncertainty, and condemnation shows that God has handed me over to my own terrible twisted mind and that my purpose is not to be a child of God, but a vehicle for God's wrath as desribed in romans 9. I go through feelings of not doing enough to please God and that I have to be more  obedient to feelings that I am trusting too much in myself and not enough on grace. I feel horrible and have gone from panic mode to sheer sadness and tears while writing this. Please help me. Tell me the truth about what you all think and not just stuff to make me feel better please. 

Read this -- http://www.whiteestate.org/books/sc/sc.asp

It is a very inspiring devotional - straight from the heart of God to you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,774
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Flip flop & Eastern star:
The war is real isn't it...

Galatians 5:16-25 (KJV)

[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

The promise if we walk in His Word as taught by The Holy Spirit we experience The Life of Jesus...

[17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Yet as we do this or try to do this we have within us war of which we, (1st born and 2nd born), are both are intimately aware of each other...

[18] But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

The Key is the walk and not the justification of self through works but by the intimacy in the walking with Jesus in Spirit...

[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

This list is given so that we may examine ourselves instantly to discern whether we are in s/Spirit or flesh... we are always aware of the presence of our old nature which is of flesh -BUT- we have the power of God within us to lead out of our flesh into s/Spirit whereby we do not do the things of flesh but the things of God formed from His Word for eternal fruit bearing- things that will be at home in the new bodies yet to be given... these are things that are formed and placed in the new birth known as fruit

[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

[24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

When we all came to Jesus with complete and total repentance-> (He brought us to the place where in and of ourselves there was nothing worth keeping)- we were condemned and we agreed to that condemnation... we at that moment looked to Jesus in belief that He had provided a way in which we could be reborn (born again) by His (Jesus') perfect Life in flesh, then dying on a cross asking God The Father to forgive us for we did not know what we were doing... then The Holy Righteous Father took His, The Son's, and Spirit's wrath upon sin of mankind in The Person of The Son so that we might have a Holy & Just forgiveness for sin and a new being installed within that righteousness of The Son's Life now our own... The Resurrection is The God Head (Father, Son and Spirit) testifying that salvation was complete and sin, now a moot point of contention that only the devil and his followers do not understand, but we who have traversed this pathway 'Know by witness of Spirit to spirit'

Romans 8:14 (KJV)

[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

[15] For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

[16] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

[17] And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

[18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

[19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

[20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

I apologize for the length of this but evidently God thought is necessary of witness from His Word through me to you :) 
God Has seen fit to engage us in the Living Way  yet keeping us in the dead place, we all have caused, to reason with us >His Person< and all the wonder that entails here in this place fulfilling the prophets

Isaiah 1:18 (KJV)

[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

All that The Holy Spirit shows you through The Scriptures do ... this is walking in His Spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of your 1st born self... the secret of living now is to fill yourself as much as is possible to the things of His Pleasure and you will be assured of His Smile when you enter into His Presence at separation of this place from us... 

[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Love, Steven