ricky

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't the whole bible containing words of faith that tells us God prospers us in all areas of life? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Isn't the whole bible containing words of faith that tells us God prospers us in all areas of life? 

Do you know about the Word of Faith or Prosperity teachings?

30 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Do you know about the Word of Faith or Prosperity teachings?

Just what I've read when I've gone to sites to study. Do you? 

35 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

All too well as I used to be part of their false teachings.  Perhaps a deeper study will reveal the difference between true faith in His words and what this groups teach.

Like I said, I've just learned what I know from study. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

What is it you are seeking ?   What do you want to learn/ seek to learn or know ?

12 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

What is it you are seeking ?   What do you want to learn/ seek to learn or know ?

I enjoy reading all things pertaining to the faith and Christ.  And you? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Hi Anonymous Aristotle,

The whole of God`s word does contain words that the different people or groups were/are to believe God for. God speaks specifically to different ones in the OT and also to groups, Israel and the Nations. He spoke to them specific words for them to believe Him for.

When Jesus was manifest on earth He spoke of things that Israel needed to believe Him for - eg the coming millennial reign where they would rule the nations.

Now today, Jesus the Head of the Body, speaks to us through His word and reveals His purpose for us. We are to believe what He says and that is the `faith`` the trust and belief we have in Him - saved from judgment and receiving eternal life, to be made like Christ. And that involves trials and temptations and for us to be overcomers. No greater blessing than that. `Prosperity` is not on God`s agenda as regards this fallen world.

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, NOT on the earth, for you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.`(Col. 3: 1 - 3)

Those `things above,` is to receive Christ`s life - see 2 Peter 2 - 8 the divine nature.

regards, Marilyn.

40 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Then you might find what i posted a few pages back interesting.

On 6/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, OneLight said:

Since I have spent time in your thread, I should at least give an answer from my experiences.

When the WoF preaches preach, we were told that what we receive all depends on how much faith one has.  If you don't receive all what scripture has to offer, it is because you lack the faith to receive it.  Over time, when people try to increase their faith in order to receive these blessings, and fail, discouragement begins until the person actually begins to question their own faith in God. 

Those preaching the message refuse to realize that not all people will receive all the blessing found in scripture; wealth, health, happiness, joy unspeakable, and on and on ...  Instead, it is not their message that is at fault, by you, the listener.  They don't build up, but tear down.  Their words are not edifying, but a trap for those weak in faith from the beginning fall into ... "only if I had more faith" they keep telling themselves, as if they are not worthy to be blessed by God. 

God will give what He wishes to whomever He wishes.  He is not some big person in the sky that if you just do A you will get B,C,D,E,F ... Z.   One thing these preachers ignore completely is what is written in Philippians 4:11-13

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

My experience is what I speak of above.  I started in earnest to learn how to walk closer to God, being told that those who walk the closest, receive the more.  Their preaching is like Joel Osteen today, puffed up words full of how to's while lacking in reality.  Sure, they pump you up and send you on your way, but when what they promised does not come, then you look inside, as they told you it is only by the lack of faith that you will not receive, that you have the wrong mindset and you doubt is dragging you down.  In the end, I was more doubtful of my salvation then ever before, mainly because if I cannot have enough faith to please God, how can He give me salvation for  it was by grace I had been saved through faith ... what faith???  I have so little faith and I had proven it to myself for I had received nothing I asked for in faith.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I enjoy reading all things pertaining to the faith and Christ.  And you? 

5 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

No.

re Christ and faith: 3rd quote:   yes. Delighting in Him as He Delights to grant Revelation,  from ABBA YHWH, as He says, removing the veil, granting understanding of His Word, Truth.

re "sites to study". : 2nd quote:  test everything AFTER reading the whole Bible a few times. Bible First, Bible Always.

A lot of the sites have a lot of error, and many anti-gospels...

re "study" 1st quote: What is the difference from the Scribes and Pharisees who studied and memorized the Scripture entirely, far more than anyone probably we know today, so far.