• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Does anyone think that the way meeting, dating etc has been permanently changed with the success of social media meeting platforms?

I mean, its not even dating sites anymore, but fb, Snapchat etc.

Do you think the average Christian single has a much better chance now of finding someone now that meeting someone is  just a tap away?

I would say that it has changed things, whether it is better or worse varies from person to person.  In my experience what you get on social media is a lot of talk that is usually not true.  I wouldn't trust anyone that isn't willing to meet in person.  Personally I am all done with dating, if God wants someone in my life He will have to drop her in my lap, literally.  I think neighbor went about it the right way.

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Yes and No.

The problem is that fb, snapchat, twitter, and etc creates a fascade. People post their most flattery pictures, highlights of life (like on Christmas card), omitting the bad, and hiding details. For instance when your on facebook can you often click on their profile and know what views they have on abortion, same sex marriages, transgender views, doctrine, theology, and etc?

On the other hand it does help people connect that couldn't. Finding your soul mate is easier because you do not have to travel the world to find them anymore. But still, be cautious, there are very wicked people who pretend to be devout and really have only master Christianese (what to say, there is man who works at Google who has written a book on all Christian words, idioms, colloquialisms, and behaviors, if someone bought his book, they could mimic being a Christian).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/31/2017 at 3:34 AM, HisFirst said:

Does anyone think that the way meeting, dating etc has been permanently changed with the success of social media meeting platforms?

I mean, its not even dating sites anymore, but fb, Snapchat etc.

Do you think the average Christian single has a much better chance now of finding someone now that meeting someone is  just a tap away?

I have known good people who can't find a mate now entering their 50's.

I have encountered people all my life that I would not seem likely to ever have a date let alone the families they have.

I tend to think it has a lot to do with over expectation, and disingenuous representation of one's self for the purposes of "hooking a fish."

In my case, I know God had everything to do with it. I was pretentious, I said and did things wrong, I literally stumbled across a vision of loveliness that millionaires desired... but she "fell" for a broke sailor who was so full of himself I can hardly admit today it was me.

The one thing I remember doing right was (after many failed attempts by age 19 ←no kidding, I was consumed with finding Miss Right from a very early age), one day I said (before God) If I never meet Miss Right, I will live my life to the full... Praise God I met my beloved bride the very next day!

I guess what I am trying to say is that every iteration of the "dating scene" for singles since time began all have one ting in common... people getting in the way of what God could do for them in that department. I simply got out of God's way and that was 37 years ago and still going strong!

Praise God!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,627
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/31/2017 at 3:56 PM, HisFirst said:

Neighbour, you are a classic!!

You have a good sense of humour:laugh:

Now something I don't really get is, if folk aren't looking for "love" but then find themselves being partnered with someone....? This mystifies me somewhat.

You know, seek and ye shall find....

Thanks, That is kind of you.

Mysteries...Well I ran from God, and that didn't matter when it came right down to it. He is sovereign over all matters.

I never made the dating scene at all, I married them first and then dated them I guess.  Seems to be what happened in each case. I really did have a date with each, but it was decision made to marry  by mid date each time for each of us. I don't know, I thought that was the way it is done.

What do I know, I never "dated".