IGNORED

What is the Denominational grounding or dogma of choice for WCF itself?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Good Morning Planet!!!!!  Yes He has..................let us Rejoice & be Glad in it!!!!:emot-hug::emot-heartbeat::emot-highfive:                             God Bless,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Good Morning Planet!!!!!  Yes He has..................let us Rejoice & be Glad in it!!!!:emot-hug::emot-heartbeat::emot-highfive:                             God Bless,Kwik

Amen! Hallelujah! :wub::dance::emot-highfive::dance:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

19 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Since I've been a member here I've seen a number of posts that call other denominations into question as to their rightness or fitness to be called Christian. I've also seen and received a number of inquiries that make me want to post this question now so as to better understand the atmosphere of Worthy itself . I did read that the purpose is ministerial. I'm asking what particular denomination or dogma is upheld by the founder of Worthy or the worthy watchmen in charge. 

Thank you. This will help better get a feel for the community atmosphere itself. 

Blessings, 

Hey Chee,

I was raised in a Baptist church which I attended until my late teens, and though I am grateful for the solid foundation they provided I did not agree with all of the teachings or doctrinal stances they held to.  Since my late teens I have attended non-denominational churches, and I do not consider myself anything other than a Christian.  I believe from scripture that all of the divisions are a mistake and not at all what the Lord wanted from His church.  Most of these divisions exist because of doctrinal differences, and scripture speaks the truth which should have kept this from happening, but mankind's inability to reason together has fractured the body.

Whatever denomination formed a believer's foundation affects how they view things overall, and thus leads to contention in many regards.  I'm more of a scripture literalist, as in I believe every word of it was written for everyone and means exactly what it says.  All one needs to understand is the Holy Spirit and God's Word.  God has a plan for each of His children, and for us to do His will we have to be receptive to hear what that is, and the better we know His Word the more apt we are to receive it.

II Timothy 2:15  Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Also, for the record, Worthy Watchman are not in charge.  We are part of the ministry, so here is a link that will help you understand our purpose as Watchman.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/14754-worthy-watchman/

God bless

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you all. :group-hug: Blessings, 

• 2 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,781
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

When I became a believer, I was so new to the faith that I attended a service nearly every day of the week..  I truly wanted to see different perspectives and I still do.  I believe you don't grow by surrounding people you totally agree with -- but rather grow when you're challenged in different areas of your belief, and thought processes.  Just a little background of what I'm referring to:

On Sunday morning -- I ran a bus route in the heart of Baltimore City in a place called PigTown for an Independent Baptist Church.
On Sunday evening -- I went to a "Spirit-Filled Non-Denominational church"
On Mondays -- went to a Men's Prayer meeting
On Tuesdays -- went to a Bible study that was hosted by the Church of the Nazarene.
On Wednesdays -- went to an Assembly of God near where I worked.
On Fridays -- went to a Messianic Congregation affiliated with the MJAA.
On Saturdays -- went to a Messianic Congregation affiliated with the UMJC.

Over the years, I realize how people can get along when the proper focus is in tact.  If your focus is following the Lord, and your final authority in all matters stems from the Bible, then we're family.  I believe true revival is coming, and it'll come in the manner in which the Moravian Revival came.  Their motto -- In ESSENTIALS -- UNITY -- in Non-Essentials -- LIBERTY -- but in all THINGS -- LOVE.

Our Statement of Faith is understood by all members of the ministry team.  However, I purposely try to find people that are of DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS to assemble the team to gain different perspectives in various issues that come up.  The following is our Statement of Faith:

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit — the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God’s only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose again. Soon afterward He ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.

We believe that everyone is in need of God’s salvation. Mankind is absolutely unable to fulfill the heavy demands of God’s righteousness, holiness and glory. Therefore, God, in sending His Only Begotten Son, has accomplished redemption for us through the shedding of Jesus’ blood. Because of His Son’s death, God has forgiven us of our sins, reconciled us to Himself, and justified us by making Him our righteousness.

We believe that salvation is a gift received by faith alone, in Messiah alone, and is expressed in the individual’s recognition and repentance of sin, and the acceptance of the risen Messiah as Saviour, Lord and God.

We believe in the supreme Lordship of Jesus Christ, before whom every knee in heaven and on earth will bow. And that there is no other name under Heaven by which we can approach the holy throne of God. Jesus Christ is the one and only mediator between God and man.

We believe that immediately upon death, the soul of the believer is absent from the body, and present with the Lord.

We believe in the ongoing work of sanctification by the Holy Spirit after redemption for the purpose of producing life changing fruit — love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control.

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God.

What are we trying to accomplish at Worthy?

This was a topic I wrote in 2004, Worthy Experiment

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source of truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course, there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to compliment each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- often times you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out its still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

I hope this sufficiently answers the question at hand.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1