• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Where is the right throwing the constitution out the window?

We have had people on the right advocate killing them all, even those in this country that are just suspected of terrorism.

We had people on the right advocate for internment camps. 

And people on the right on this very forum have advocated kicking all Muslims out of the country, regardless of citizenship status.  One on the right will not even recognize that a Muslim can indeed by an American.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

They need to get over it.   There are anti-Christian billboards that go up around Christmas and Easter all of the time.   We manage to ignore it and get on with our lives.   Muslims need to do the same.

They can't get over it. They're the most violent intolerant faith , political ideology actually, on earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

3 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

We have had people on the right advocate killing them all, even those in this country that are just suspected of terrorism.

And people on the right on this very forum have advocated kicking all Muslims out of the country, regardless of citizenship status.  One on the right will not even recognize that a Muslim can indeed by an American.

Oh pleeeze!

Wake me up when someone 'on the right' gets a law passed to do these dire things.  The constant mantra of 'both sides do it' does get tiresome.

And just for the record - a short history course:

The greatest mass murderers in history - the Pol Pots; Mao's; Stalins and Hitlers - were not 'of the right.

FDR - hardly a man 'of the right' - actually DID have internment camps.

And Abe Lincoln DID advocate moving all blacks to Liberia.

Just now, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Oh pleeeze!

Wake me up when someone 'on the right' gets a law passed to do these dire things.  The constant mantra of 'both sides do it' does get tiresome.

I am sure it does get tiresome, nobody likes to be reminded they are the same as that which they are fighting against.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Isn't this taking a very small number of comments and applying them to a very large number of people, though? I consider myself on the "right" and I have met very, very few people who want to kill muslims to this degree or advocate for internment camps. I know more that advocate deportation, but not of citizens.

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I am sure it does get tiresome, nobody likes to be reminded they are the same as that which they are fighting against.

It is tiresome because it isn't true.  It's an easy accusation to make, but there is not any truth to it.

3 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Isn't this taking a very small number of comments and applying them to a very large number of people, though? I consider myself on the "right" and I have met very, very few people who want to kill muslims to this degree or advocate for internment camps. I know more that advocate deportation, but not of citizens.

It is always the few that are on the fringe, be it the right or the left.  There are a billion Muslims in the world and yet the majority of the people on this forum seem to have no issue lumping them all in to the same category as the few that commit terrorist acts.   And nobody but me and a couple others have an issue with such things. 

If people do not like the actions/words of very small number of people being applied to a very large number of people, they should not do it themselves. 

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Davida said:

This is the crux of it, to them the rest of the world are perverted infidels that allah hates & they are the Superior peoples that allah loves- so how dare the perverted transgressors post that on a billboard!--to them we are the kaffirs, we should be dhimmis .

So,  allah tells muslims in Koran 3:110:“Ye are the best of Peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had Faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have Faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.”

In Islam there is this hair-trigger response to everything that is perceived to be an "insult"  to their religion.  The claim their religion has been "insulted" is used as justification for their need to mete out physical retribution.   That quote above explains why. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Running Gator said:

It is always the few that are on the fringe, be it the right or the left.  There are a billion Muslims in the world and yet the majority of the people on this forum seem to have no issue lumping them all in to the same category as the few that commit terrorist acts.   And nobody but me and a couple others have an issue with such things. 

If people do not like the actions/words of very small number of people being applied to a very large number of people, they should not do it themselves. 

Just so I understand, your argument is that people should not blindly lump people into one category because it is wrong and to show them how wrong it is, it must be done back to them? 

2 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Just so I understand, your argument is that people should not blindly lump people into one category because it is wrong and to show them how wrong it is, it must be done back to them? 

They already know it is wrong, I do not need to show them anything.  

What my post do is highlight the hypocrisy of their actions and the overall double standard that exist on this part of the forum.  

There is a thread about people worshiping Obama and everyone piles on and it is like a pep rally for a football game.  Then there is a thread about people worshiping Trump and everyone loses their collective minds and there is gnashing of teeth and all sorts of indignation, mostly by the same people that were at the pep rally of the other thread.