• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

The media was not softening the resistance, they were mirroring the times. 

Agree. Yes I do. 

Just wondering. What tv shows do you all watch? Care to share anyone? 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

We DVR everything because I cannot stand commercials.  Mostly the wife and I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy; some of the History Channel's shows like Ice Road Truckers and Pawn Stars; and a few reality/mystery shows like what's on the ID/Discovery channel.  About the only current series we watch are the NCIS's (except for the New Orleans one); Little Big Shots with Steve Harvey; and the "Fool Us" show with Penn & Teller.

When she's not home, I'll watch some of the shows on Fox but she cannot stand politics (though we agree on most things._

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I just watch local news and some cable news.   We have a couple of channels here that run old TV shows like Andy Griffith Show, MASH, Adam 12, Gun Smoke, Bonanza, Big Valley, the Virginian, the High Chaparral, Little House on the Prairie, the Waltons, and other shows along those lines.   I don't get hit over the head with moral messaging and a lot of those shows are timeless, the humor is clean and the stories and plot lines are good. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, creativemechanic said:

Isn't it amazing how series sneak in certain types  of immorality and we don't easliy notice.

Was watching Friends.  In it Chandler meets a woman  in a chat room and starts to get romantically attached. Eventually  he learns she's  married but when they meet face to face he learns it's Ross' ex  who he really liked and dashed in and kisses her. Next episode we learn she plans to divorce her cheating husband and they have in the mean time hooked up. Everyone's ok with it (except Joey  who hates her)but it's never pointed out that he's dating and implied sleeping with A MARRIED WOMAN!

Just shows how the media gradually softens our  resistance  to certain things  by gradual infiltration 

Immorality of ancient days existed that could be compared today.   I cut ties with the idiot box  fourteen years ago as the contents and time spent was wasteful and could not stand commercials period.  You cannot blame the media per say as they are part of the world system and the Bible tells you what this system propagates.  Many belivers really think satan is not active in this world in ways to deceive you the christian to be comfortable in the world . He is the God of this world and knows how to captivate and hold spell bound.   Check the history of Pompeii and see what took place there in around AD 70.   As always on this topic i recommend a book to keep you on your toes.  It is you the believer to educate and keep your mind invigorate with the truth. Don't expect the media to do it for you.   We are all exposed to temptations and the vices of the world, the reason when the Lord send some trials in your life you are to be thankful also. 

Precious Remedies of Satan Devices     by   Thomas Brooks.               Downloaded free in pdf format from google.

Pompeii: Buried Sin City of the Roman Empire

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.66
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

90% of what I watch are cooking shows, Top Chef, Master Chef, Iron Chef, Chopped, and more.  I have recently found an show called "Forged in Fire", it is a reality blacksmithing show and it is so much fun! 

Used to watch the Walking Dead with my wife but got bored with it, she still watches it.  

"The Man in the High Castle" on AmazonPrime is a great show but only has two seasons of 10 shows each.  I hope they bring it back for a 3rd season

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

10 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Ice Road Truckers

I see those episodes on Youtube and it's awesome.   You should checkout the Australian truckers series, it is great too as their country is vast and those guys achieve travel some very treacherous paths to get to their destination this time with the opposite of ice and that is heat, rain and mud.   Youtube is great, i get to see the world from my desk.

12 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

"The Man in the High Castle" on AmazonPrime is a great show but only has two seasons of 10 shows each.  I hope they bring it back for a 3rd season

Oh I watched that! Yeah that was good.      I watch The Walking Dead too. :) 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/7/2017 at 0:04 PM, creativemechanic said:

Just shows how the media gradually softens our  resistance  to certain things  by gradual infiltration 

It is a direct violation of YHWH'S WORD,  opposed to YHWH'S PURENESS,  opposed to JESUS. 

His Instructions have not changed: "Do NOT learn from heathen gentiles, to practice what they do"....  "Do not even think of ...... "  in your heart - if you do this is already sin (punishable by death) ......    "Keep your eyes from evil ...."  ......    "Train your children IN THE WAY THEY SHOULD GO..." - not in the way of the flesh, of the world, of society, so completely sinful....

No faithful group of Israelites would set up idols in high (or in low) places....  Americans (et al) are trained from birth by idols/ idolatry/  pagan practices.... 

NOT as the title says "infiltration"!  

No.  Not Infiltration.

'Infiltration' implies or assumes something good and right to start with.

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

entertainment pure and simple is like the frog in the cold water that gradually heats up. and taints our very marrow imo.   a lot of  tv "entertainment" desensitises  us to back door immorality. the fruit is showing in society me thinks. thinking becomes double edged. i stay away from it .

Yes mabel,  "society" is wicked to start with....  and aims to keep everyone immoral, as written "the wicked become more wicked" practicing idolatry and wickedness all the time, every day,  dragging everyone down that it can,  just as written in YHWH'S WORD.

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I say that entertainment mirrors what is already taking place

Amein.  Entirely wicked.  Motive, Purpose, Results, Effects ..... Even the so-called "good" shows (family/children), rob little ones of the truth ,  training them in the pagan ways opposed to YHWH'S WORD, YHWH'S Plan, YHWH'S Authority, rejecting the truth and life that is immersed in Yeshua's Name,  not living right, good, obedient, faithful nor truthful;  honoring pagan gods of hollywood, money, power, guns, doctors, politician's ways (man's ways opposed to YHWH) ,  in nearly every episode, in nearly every show, even the old time favorites (society was already so far from YHWH, few noticed) ....

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Yep.  And on the reverse side of that from the units that did not deploy you would have guys that knew to hit the E-Club the weekend after the other unit left as there would be wives there looking for some company for the next 6 months. 

At the end of our last deployment the unit chaplain took us all aside for our end of deployment brief and his message was not to feel obligated to tell your spouse if something happened while deployed and then he flew back to the states and told the wives not to ask questions they did not want answers to. 

This was the mid 90s.

Happened wwI, wwII, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan,  Civil War, Iran, Iraq, everywhere the military went (being already character of the military/government thoroughly).... unrighteousness, sin, bloating sin, unbelievable sin , "acceptable" defilement, drugs, deceit, from the top down (from the Presidency to the privates) ....

I think that shows like Friends were mirroring the times and not ushering in some new lack of morals. 

I was in the Corps when this episode aired and I can tell you that sleeping with a married person was not some shocking new thing that people did not approve of.   We had such "rules" as "after 50 miles nobody is married" and "what happens on deployment, stays on deployment".  

The media was not softening the resistance, they were mirroring the times. 

Evil from evil... training little ones .... resisting and opposing everything good ,  violating God's Word always,  inherent in society we all were raised in, for generation after generation for many centuries .....  mankind is not good nor right nor seeking YHWH nor approving of Yeshua,  rather serving the devil,  sons of disobedience .....

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,156
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

I say that entertainment mirrors what is already taking place

yeah you could say that but constantly watching unedifying stuff. i mean really do you want to fill your head with trivia. sorry but just my thoughts.