IGNORED

Obama Warns Against the Rise of Populism

Anonymous Aristotle

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

She is rather amazing and has the patience of an angel.

That is something we can agree on.  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Ahhhhh,thats sooooo much better guys,,,so,what is this THread about? Anonymous,care to give a quick(Kwik) summarization?    :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Butero said:

The military is all volunteer.  Nobody was forced to go over there.  When Iraq violated the cease fire agreement from the first Gulf War, we should have immediately taken Saddam out.  Intelligence from all over the world thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, but that was neither here nor there to me.  I wanted Clinton to take them out when they shot at our planes and threw out the inspectors. 

Turns out as much as I disliked him as a President, Bush I was right about one thing, taking out Saddam was a bad idea.  We removed something that was not a real threat and replaced it with ISIS.  And paid a very high price to do so. 

Turns out as much as I disliked him as a President, Bush I was right about one thing, taking out Saddam was a bad idea.  We removed something that was not a real threat and replaced it with ISIS.  And paid a very high price to do so. 

I think  that is true,I'm sure we can all agree there

Guest Butero
10 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I think  that is true,I'm sure we can all agree there

Saddam violated the cease fire agreement that was in place from the first Gulf War.  I feel we had to do something about that.  Perhaps the first President Bush should have finished the job when he had the chance.  Maybe we should have occupied the country and completely taken it over. 

I think what I would have done in Bush's position was just drive Saddam out of Kuwait and left it at that, but once a cease fire agreement was in place, it has to have meaning.  Clinton let Saddam run all over him.  We looked weak.  He should have forced Iraq to comply or pay the price.  Maybe we could have set up our own puppet leader after forcing Hussein out.  A lot of mistakes were made, but actions have consequences. 

Perhaps the first President Bush should have finished the job when he had the chance. 

Isn't that the truth!!!!!And yes,that was the beginning (imo) of America looking WEAK,since Pres Clinton

I just listened to Obamas lil speech in Canada,is it just me or is it pretty obvious he is not very happy with President Trump  ......? HE is just patting himself on the back referring to the "real progress" that was just being put in place in Paris...'..am I not hearing what he is really saying or am I) really hearing what the is really saying,lol????

16 minutes ago, Butero said:

Saddam violated the cease fire agreement that was in place from the first Gulf War.  I feel we had to do something about that.  Perhaps the first President Bush should have finished the job when he had the chance.  Maybe we should have occupied the country and completely taken it over. 

I think what I would have done in Bush's position was just drive Saddam out of Kuwait and left it at that, but once a cease fire agreement was in place, it has to have meaning.  Clinton let Saddam run all over him.  We looked weak.  He should have forced Iraq to comply or pay the price.  Maybe we could have set up our own puppet leader after forcing Hussein out.  A lot of mistakes were made, but actions have consequences. 

Actions have consequences and our actions cost more than 5000 US military members lives and more than a trillion dollars, all because we had to do "something".

Not to mention everything happening in the Middle East right now, from ISIS to Iran to Syria is tied to the removal of Saddam. 

5 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I just listened to Obamas lil speech in Canada,is it just me or is it pretty obvious he is not very happy with President Trump  ......? HE is just patting himself on the back referring to the "real progress" that was just being put in place in Paris...'..am I not hearing what he is really saying or am I) really hearing what the is really saying,lol????

You are way braver than I am!! No way I am listening to that!  I hated having to listen   to him when he was president 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

because he is representing me in his job.....   and I'd rather he be a gentleman in how he does that.