• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

I think you are being disingenuous . Your whole deal has been just to accuse Christians in general as a GROUP of being basically judgmental hateful bigots .    I don't think you are being completely honest at all.

Where did you make massive negative generalizations?-- Every question you asked was actually a criticism of Christians but framed -as if- it was a question that you wanted answered.  "Does Jesus tell Christians to hate anyone?"  You actually need to ask this question?  You were implying that Christians hate.

Your obvious opinion is that Christians judge other religions, gays, smelly homeless people, & people's clothing and that Christians are hate all of the former. 

You are basically repeating a negative biased phony rhetoric that the world uses against Christians. I do not buy you are speaking from only your experience but that you are speaking from your opinion.

My questions were simple and true and they were answered.

My experience is I have come across Christians that go to church say they believe and follow Christ but then commit the very things he spoke against. 

This is not all Christians nor all the Christians I have come across but these "Christians do exist". Sorry if you feel this is only my opinion.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

5 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Did Jesus teach that we should hate anyone?

Isn't it "hate the sin not the sinner"?

Or as Christians do we have the right to choose who to hate (gays, religion, race etc....), or judge?

In hating or judging others, aren't we committing sin ourselves?

Are Christians suppose to hate anyone? 

No.

1 John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

In answer to the OP; no.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I did state some not all.

My definition would be that no gays should be refused. Just as no adulterer, nor loose men or women should be refused. How they live their lives once saved is between them and God and at what certain point is also for God to determine. How do WE determine and is it right for US to do so? Does our doctrine trump our Lord?

Why can the smelly homeless person get a sit and accommodations but the gay have to follow a rule of conduct or statements that they have to oblige with. I have been to some churches that felt some dressed to provocatively and were asked to leave and their manner of dress wasn't even that provocative. Just not what most determined as inappropriate. Why would each be treated so differently?

So come as you are but there is a time limit as to your walk or journey?

At least with the church. God don't work on our time limits. My experience.

If you read my reply carefully, i was saying that the smelly homeless person would not get to sit in the pews, as some alternative arrangements would be made for him/her, maybe a chair in the back. Be reasonable, would you sit out a sermon holding your breadth in the name of showing some love to that person.  People would get up and leave and maybe move to another location.   I for one would not be sitting next to that person throughout a service and that does not mean i hate or object to that person being there, it is just i cannot stand stench for any period of time if i can help it.    Just had to make myself clear here, so that you do not misunderstand what my reply was about. 

I think cobalt1959 address the gay person and the his affiliation with the church much better than i would have and agree with his explanation.

The Church has rules just like your house has rules.   It is not a come in and do as you like, but in meekness and fellowship, follow the guidelines they have set for everyone.  It is a choice a person have and if they cannot abide by the rules, then they can search for the ones that is acceptable to them.  This is how most people choose a church anyway.    

Just now, Davida said:

Some denominations are ordaining gays and lesbians. What is your opinion on that? Is that being loving and tolerant?

Wow, I didn't know they were ordaining them. I knew some churches began accepting them.

I would have to research it before forming an opinion.

Loving and tolerant are words where definitions vary. They are not easily defined as most would.

The teachings would still need to be tested against those of Christ.

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

If you read my reply carefully, i was saying that the smelly homeless person would not get to sit in the pews, as some alternative arrangements would be made for him/her, maybe a chair in the back. Be reasonable, would you sit out a sermon holding your breadth in the name of showing some love to that person.  People would get up and leave and maybe move to another location.   I for one would not be sitting next to that person throughout a service and that does not mean i hate or object to that person being there, it is just i cannot stand stench for any period of time if i can help it.    Just had to make myself clear here, so that you do not misunderstand what my reply was about. 

I think cobalt1959 address the gay person and the his affiliation with the church much better than i would have and agree with his explanation.

The Church has rules just like your house has rules.   It is not a come in and do as you like, but in meekness and fellowship, follow the guidelines they have set for everyone.  It is a choice a person have and if they cannot abide by the rules, then they can search for the ones that is acceptable to them.  This is how most people choose a church anyway.    

Thank you and thank you for the clarification. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,253
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Or as Christians do we have the right to choose who to hate (gays, religion, race etc....), or judge?

I don't recall Jesus implying it is OK to hate someone, lost or saved. I do get angry too easily. (Not physical, just emotional) I've been extremely angry at people, really upset, but I don't think it would qualify as hate. It doesn't last very long any more,  as the Lord showed a cool remedy. I have to immediately pray for them. (The prayer is honestly, more for my own benefit) Works for me.......

26 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

I don't recall Jesus implying it is OK to hate someone, lost or saved. I do get angry too easily. (Not physical, just emotional) I've been extremely angry at people, really upset, but I don't think it would qualify as hate. It doesn't last very long any more,  as the Lord showed a cool remedy. I have to immediately pray for them. (The prayer is honestly, more for my own benefit) Works for me.......

Thank you. These have been the most honest replies I have ever witnessed. I myself get angry with people and myself. Thanks for the advice on how to deal.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

13 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

When Christ fulfilled the law, He summed them up into 2 new commandments for us today, which is called the law of Christ: Love God above all others, and love your neighbor as yourself.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The Episcopal Church has been ordaining them for quite a while.  I believe that the Methodist Church does as well.

The church is always supposed to be loving.  In regards to sin it is never supposed to be tolerant.  Jesus was not tolerant of sin.  Jesus never let anyone he encountered believe that they could continue in a life of sin without dire results.  Neither did the Apostles.  That is your biblical prototype.  Jesus always instructed them to repent.  So did the Apostles.  As an example, some people will point to John 8 and the woman caught in the act of adultery and it's relationship to sin and say "Jesus did not condemn her."  No, he did not, but these same people pretend as if verse 11 has only one line in it.  There is a second half and in it Jesus tells the woman to leave her life of sin.  If she wishes to be redeemed, that part is not optional.

I agree.

There is an Lutheran pastor on TV. I believe his show is called "The Pastor's Study."  He has publicly said more than a few times that he has homosexual tendencies which he resists. He has always been celibate and totally against the homosexual lifestyle. He seems to be the exception rather than the rule.