• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

21 hours ago, Christyw said:

Thanks. I believe prayer changes things. 

Yes it does.  His will be done.

Guest BacKaran

The more the family walks away from you the closer to God you are living and they don't like that. 

I'm 59 and have my daughter and church family. My dad and siblings, son and nieces are all pagans pandering to Roman Catholic and the acceptance of homosexuality with a nice who had a ceremony with another homosexual. They all think it's great. I was not told about it because I'm against homosexuality and is never celebrate something evil just to get along with the family. 

God is my Father and I'm meeting more born again people than ever. I still pray for my family from far away but I will not concede to sin to keep peace with them. 

I pray you have a great expository preaching hermanuetics church, they are the remnant of God's chosen people!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

On 7/14/2017 at 6:19 PM, Christyw said:

No. I'm not younger.  I am 44 years old.  I won't give up. The closer I get to God the more alone I feel.  I know he is with me. I have to be patient. 

You're not alone, Christy.  Just as you are a daughter of the Most High King, you are also a sister in Christ to all of us here.  :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand how family can be so cruel.  I'm honestly putting it in Gods hands. If I pray and wait patiently I know in my heart God will lead me to happiness.  I have to have Faith that all will be ok.  

It sounds like you may be the only one in your family that has turned to God? 

If that is the case, I am not surprised that you feel bullied. When we walk into a room, God walks in! That is what your family hates about you. The spirit that leads them is very irritated. The goodness in you convicts them. It is natural for them to act out even if they dont know why but now you do!  

It isnt you but it is GOD that is so offensive to them.

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

It sounds like you are being gaslighted. I am quite familiar with  this kind of environment in my family. I had to  walk away because it was easier for me to be away from them and pray that they come to Christ than be in their midst and take their condescending all knowing gas lighting behavior towards me! . Everything was peachy in my family until the day I was lit on fire for my Lord and Savior!  Well , from the perspective I saw before that is. I was actually a people pleaser and a very good door mat . When I started to get healthy in Christ and Christ showed me who I was in HIM; my family and kids didnt want the new and improved me.  I was new in Christ. A new creation in Christ! 

Sometimes God will pluck one from a family and that family member stands in the gap for his family. Its a big responsibility so I think its  better all around to remove oneself from the toxic environment. It also alleviates any temptation one may have  when  around those who love their sins.  

Drugs and alcohol  run throughout my family. Its a very sad situation but  the sin has worked its way not only to those who are my siblings but to their kids as well.  I took a stand against it because I have 5 grandsons that I want to have a better life in a godly home!  Now , I am "holier than thou"  to hear them talk . I need to take meds because I have gone off the deep end!  lol

I praise the LORD that their words  like that no longer hurt me! I was in alot of pain for many years.  I dont think a day went by that I didnt cry. It lasted for about 4 years!  I am in a town that I dont know anyone and  Ive just had to push through this pain all alone.

I stand in the gap from afar. God can restore my family but I know that it is on his time and not my own. God knows what is going on . I cant see everything God can. I just have to trust he LORD that he will work it all out for his glory and not my own.

It was several yrs of "trying" until I finally got it.  I kept going back  to try and  reconcile and each time was a complete disaster !   It hurts like heck that my grandsons are growing up w/o seeing their gigi. They love me so!  That is what I am most upset about. It is revenge you see. My kids are very mad at me and so they are punishing me. I just keep praying for the LORD to bless them and protect them from evil but also that he draws them  near to him and saves them!  My children have abandoned me . I am a christian parent who has kids that  have disrespected and abandoned her.  I never thought Id be in this situation.  Who would?  I just  play the cards Ive been dealt the best way that I know how. I lean on God for  wisdom, guidance and strength. I am like a baby totaling relying on the Lord!  Christ is all I have too! 

Its a day to day process honey.  You will get through this. Gods grace will carry you through!  You knowing that Gods grace will carry you will get you through! We have to decide to be all in with Christ and that means sometimes that our family will rebel, bully us, and reject us. 

We decide to not compromise even a little bit and  God handles the rest. Just BE STILL and know that GOD is doing what God does! 

I hope my story was relevant. If not, I am sorry that you sat through my  depressing story! LOL 

Welcome to worthy. 

Blessings :) 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

It sounds like you may be the only one in your family that has turned to God? 

If that is the case, I am not surprised that you feel bullied. When we walk into a room, God walks in! That is what your family hates about you. The spirit that leads them is very irritated. The goodness in you convicts them. It is natural for them to act out even if they dont know why but now you do!  

It isnt you but it is GOD that is so offensive to them.

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

It sounds like you are being gaslighted. I am quite familiar with  this kind of environment in my family. I had to  walk away because it was easier for me to be away from them and pray that they come to Christ than be in their midst and take their condescending all knowing gas lighting behavior towards me! . Everything was peachy in my family until the day I was lit on fire for my Lord and Savior!  Well , from the perspective I saw before that is. I was actually a people pleaser and a very good door mat . When I started to get healthy in Christ and Christ showed me who I was in HIM; my family and kids didnt want the new and improved me.  I was new in Christ. A new creation in Christ! 

Sometimes God will pluck one from a family and that family member stands in the gap for his family. Its a big responsibility so I think its  better all around to remove oneself from the toxic environment. It also alleviates any temptation one may have  when  around those who love their sins.  

Drugs and alcohol  run throughout my family. Its a very sad situation but  the sin has worked its way not only to those who are my siblings but to their kids as well.  I took a stand against it because I have 5 grandsons that I want to have a better life in a godly home!  Now , I am "holier than thou"  to hear them talk . I need to take meds because I have gone off the deep end!  lol

I praise the LORD that their words  like that no longer hurt me! I was in alot of pain for many years.  I dont think a day went by that I didnt cry. It lasted for about 4 years!  I am in a town that I dont know anyone and  Ive just had to push through this pain all alone.

I stand in the gap from afar. God can restore my family but I know that it is on his time and not my own. God knows what is going on . I cant see everything God can. I just have to trust he LORD that he will work it all out for his glory and not my own.

It was several yrs of "trying" until I finally got it.  I kept going back  to try and  reconcile and each time was a complete disaster !   It hurts like heck that my grandsons are growing up w/o seeing their gigi. They love me so!  That is what I am most upset about. It is revenge you see. My kids are very mad at me and so they are punishing me. I just keep praying for the LORD to bless them and protect them from evil but also that he draws them  near to him and saves them!  My children have abandoned me . I am a christian parent who has kids that  have disrespected and abandoned her.  I never thought Id be in this situation.  Who would?  I just  play the cards Ive been dealt the best way that I know how. I lean on God for  wisdom, guidance and strength. I am like a baby totaling relying on the Lord!  Christ is all I have too! 

Its a day to day process honey.  You will get through this. Gods grace will carry you through!  You knowing that Gods grace will carry you will get you through! We have to decide to be all in with Christ and that means sometimes that our family will rebel, bully us, and reject us. 

We decide to not compromise even a little bit and  God handles the rest. Just BE STILL and know that GOD is doing what God does! 

I hope my story was relevant. If not, I am sorry that you sat through my  depressing story! LOL 

Welcome to worthy. 

You are one strong person.  We have so much in common.   Your story was not depressing. It sound very similar to mine. Thank you.  

5 minutes ago, Christyw said:

You are one strong person.  We have so much in common.   Your story was not depressing. It sound very similar to mine. Thank you.  

If you ever need to talk in private ,you can PM me . Anytime!  We bare each others burdens and I am here for you. 

I havent said everything here and I dont expect you to either.  

:emot-hug:

I praise the LORD for my brothers and sisters! Together we are the body of Christ