• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/13/1982

D Smith, I have skimmed through this thread and you are giving advice to keep her sin hidden, correct? Well, it is a fact that her sin is in fact not hidden. God knows all things. He knows more about anyone person than that person knows about him/herself. Her sin maybe hidden from her husband, but not from God. It is also not healthy to keep something bottled up inside you, I know this all to well.

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

BBS, you must tell your husband, but be prepared. Seek The Lord Jesus Christ first, then seek council. After you have sought council, seek the Lord Jesus Christ for further council, guidance, and wisdom.

All will give an account of their sins before God. The spoken and unspoken sins. The known and the unknown sins. But if you you put you faith in Jesus Christ, believing he died on the cross for our sins, and then was resurrected three days later, you will be saved. You are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ(Ephesians 2:8).

All have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God(Romans 3:23). You are not alone, my friend, we have all sinned. You have, by your admission, committed adultery, but you are not alone. Did you know that if someone so much as looks at someone with lust they have already committed adultery in their heart? Jesus Himself said so in Matthew 5:28.

Be of good cheer! There is away for you to be forgiven and that way is Jesus! I cannot tell you that enough. Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I do believe you are here by the will of God, and to hear His almighty Word. Your husband, you owe it to Him to be truthful, even if you have been unfaithful. The truth does indeed hurt some, if not most of the time. However, be of good cheer, the truth will set you free. :thumbsup:

In His love and Grace,

JC

Guest D Smith

Gerioke....My sleep is none of your concern.

I have posted simply in answer to the quoting of my work here. When you quote my words you are sending me an invitation to post in return.

If you don't wish to see me post so much, then why quote me again and again?

Guest D Smith

J.C.

I have answered that I believe that there is no reason to drag the sin of the past into the future. I have written that the guilty party might wish to get rid of some of the burden of this sin by telling, and my answer to that is "Too Bad"

"Too Bad" means that you should never try to dump your guilt onto the husband in this manner. You will kill him. Oh sure, you might feel smug that you were "honest" (oh how some pat themselves on the back after a sin by saying to themselves, "I might be a cheater but at least I'm honest") , But you will be guilty of an even greater sin , for you have failed to protect your husband.

What I'm saying is that there is a duty here for the wife to still do as part of her vows of marriage. She must carry her burden, she must protect her marriage, she must protect her husband, and if that means she carry this alone, then thats "Too Bad" because thats what he needs and has to do then.

If she has this on her heart, and she feels she must confess to someone, if the burden is so great that she must tell someone, then there is a place where she can confess and talk to another person and yet not indanger her marriage.

THE CHURCH!

Right down the street there are many churches to pick from where she can talk and talk to a person who is sworn never to speak about what they learn in confession...need to talk to a church?...pick one!

All the other advice that I have seen here is always the fastest way i could list to end the marriage, to kill the husband's heart, to always be dragging this sin into the future,,,,all the other advice kills the marriage, my advice protects the marriage and builds a future free from having to be constantly dragging this sin with it into every argument the husband and wife will have in the future....