IGNORED

Do I have to be baptised in order to receive prayer answers?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/26/2017 at 2:46 AM, Deborah_ said:

It isn't as simple as that.

There must be thousands, if not millions, of Christians who have had prayers answered before their baptism.

On the other hand, baptism is an issue of obedience (it isn't just "a symbol of inward change"). If you are deliberately refusing to be baptised, then it's possible that unanswered prayer could be connected to your disobedience. 

But there definitely isn't a universal rule! 

That was an excellent responce. And I totally agree.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

15 hours ago, Soy Richard said:

How about asking amiss?

What do you mean exactly? I dont see where bible mentions that asking for marriage is sin. Instead, the letters of Paul even encourages sex. If you read the songs of songs it shows that it's even acceptable to have sex just for pleasure itself (in case you want to argue, read that book and then come back to argue). So I dont really see how I could possibly ask amiss. If sex were my only desire then yes. But even if sex were included in list that I expect from marriage it wouldnt be asking amiss as long it is not the only reason for asking. Well if you see something that makes you sure that I ask amiss then feel free to tell it to me and then  I can start working in that area.

15 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

We base our "feelings" on the word of God! Gods word is truth. 

I understand your point. However the source of doubts is that the promises in scripture doesnt match with reality in my life. If you say that all word is truth then logically also promises should be truth because promises are also words of God. Now write down all the promises of of God in a list and come and live as my room mate in my dormitory. Every time you see some promise gets fulfilled in my life cross that promise out from that list. After year, you would still have that same list with out a single promise crossed out.

Let me ask you this: Did you come with a contrite and humble heart? Was your heart heavy with the burden of your sin? Did you decide to tun from your sin to obey Christ ?

yes. have done this.

Do you read the word of God?  

Right now I am not reading it but I try to listen to it 2 hours a day. It's summer time so I go to walk outside to listen to it. Listening goes faster than reading so it helps to get the big picture better. With reading I would be stuck in details because I am horrible reader. When winter comes and weather becomes too horrible to walk outside I will return to reading the bible.

14 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

How much time do you spend with Jesus?

Quite much.

Do you wake up in the morning overflowing with gratitude for the new day by His New Mercy?

No, but I go to sleep with gratitude for having to live one day less.

It seems to me that you want what you want & you are wondering if there is something you should/could do to prompt God to do what you want Him to do,lol   I'm not laughing at you,I'm laughing at how it sounded and it is kind of funny when you think about it,isn't it?

So is there anything I need to do or not? And if yes then what?

Are you Filled with Peace & Joy?

No, the loneliness while everyone else get blessed as soon as they ask with no questions asked them make me feel ignored.

I didn't want a husband at this stage of my life and I really thought it would interfere with Relationship with God in Christ,it would be an invasion of "our time together".....I didn't want to share my life with anyone but my Lord & Savior.....I felt "Complete",who could ask for anything more? Well,thats when the Lord sent me a husband......The Lord takes 2 whole people (in Him) & joins them,now I have double the Blessing,we give double the Honor,Praise,Worship & thanksgiving,I didn't lose anything,I've gained     When 2 halfs are looking to be a whole through another person....Well,It does not work that way in Gods Kingdom so why should he grant that request?  Perhaps that yearning for a wife is just God drawing you unto Himself and the desires of your heart are in the wrong place? 

First I have to make it clear that your requirement is high and cannot be achieved with human strength alone. You make yourself as an example but first not everyone have this calling to live life with out marriage and secondly you are making joy as a requirement. However with that requirement if it was true it would be impossible to fulfill as each day would give it's new burdens. And instead of giving me hope, you make me clear that I wont meet these standards anyway and the harder I tried to be happy he unhappier I would become so the only right thing according to this is to stop hoping on God to provide me a wife and start looking from worldly dating services. Their standards and requirements are at lease more realistic. The problem with your standards is that it's like the law of old testament. It gives you standard to live by but not the power. Achieving what you wrote me with my own strength is about as difficult as getting to heaven by keeping the law. Also you never faced these difficulties and trials and therefore you are not able to  adequately estimate my difficulties. you were given power to triumph over these and you were protected by God from these feelings that I am not protected from. You cant expect me to handle the situation the same way as you did because we received different treatments from God at first point. You only received love and care but I only received hate and indifference.  You really cant expect someone who is treated with hate and indifference  to live the same way as someone who was loved and kept safe from all possible negative feelings.

15 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

He wants to give us all we ask for,actually exceedingly,abundantly & BEYOND anything we could ask or even imagine

That's great. I so wish it were more than just a nice words in the bible. I truly wish I could see it with my own eye that it is so that I would have to take it by faith anymore but know of my experience.  But God is not interested in showing me that. But yea, pray for me. Because God loves you. Maybe then it will happen. Then my hope is that if God doesnt do it because He loves me, He would at least do it because He loves you.

when you are not respecting who he is?

I am just treating Him the way He is treating me. But yes, I need to repent of it because even the Bible tells us not to pay evil with evil. It's hard. But I know I need to work on it.

you cannot please the LORD without faith! 

But right now God isnt giving me faith either even if I beg Him on my knees. Therefore I will never ever please Him anyway.

God will bring me exactly what I need when it is HIS TIME

That's good and bad. It's good that you always get what you need. But it's also bad because you dont know what it means if your needs are not met. It has danger of leading you to believe that God will always give you what you need. But look at kids in africa for example. Not all who starve to death are bad christians. Some of them are better christians than you are but God still allows them to starve to death by not meeting their need of food. Or would you justify God by telling that it was not right time? Oops the child died wile waiting for God's right time.

God created all things my friend and he has lovingly provided you a way to have eternal life although you do not deserve it. None of us are worthy and that is why we come through faith through GRACE through Christ!  

Yes! However it's interesting that I get eternal life by grace but have to earn my wife with my deeds.

15 hours ago, Reinitin said:

So your asking for a wife and asking God to prove he is God by giving you a wife?

God gives us a measure of faith to believe unto forgivness of sin and eternal life. 

are you wanting to know God like in John 17 or have miracle power faith to be a super apostal? 

I dont ask wife as a proof that He is God but if anything then as a proof that He loves me. Because death on cross I can only read about but wife I I can know better than just some words.

What does measure of faith mean?

I just want to have confidence in God, specially that He's love for me is what the Bible said it would be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

19 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

counsel to be baptised? Or something else?  Should it be said commandment of God? Or is it different thing already?

Yes but is baptism enough as confession or does it also mean I have to tell let's say my friends and family? And if so and I dont have that courage right now, shall I wait with baptism also or not?

But why? Because other gods answer prayers, our God does not; other God start moving when you perform  some ritual, our God you serve with all your heart, soul and mind and then He still finds some excuse such as ur not believing enough. If other Gods answer prayers they usually answer these in supernatural ways while our God answers 95% of prayers with no or later and the rest of 5% of prayers He answers as poorly as possible.
So no wonder why people dont believe in Jesus. If Jesus is only in words - if He tells  something about Himself in the Bible -  but in reality is not that, if he does not answer me and so on then how could I possibly believe in Him? And if that other God does exactly what myth told he would do then why would you expect that person who has seen that Jesus has only words but other god has both words and power still follow Jesus? For you Jesus is truth, but for someone who doesnt know anything about God and who haven't heard about sins and hell and stuff, of course that person would choose other God because if there are two stories side by side, one story with only words and other story with both words and power then of course the new comer would choose the one that also has power.
Sorry Jesus, but Your power is only nice words in the Bible that never work in real life because You are only there to find fault in us in order to have an excuse for not answer our prayers for You did not want to answer them at first point.

I never gave that promise. Rather at times I am like "You can give me wife if you want but I will still offend You for letting me be alone till now".

What does this mean? What can I do to be sure of my faith? If I have doubts what can I do?

There is only one God and he does answer our prayers. He just doesnt feed our flesh, fears and vain imaginations. 

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

What do you mean exactly? I dont see where bible mentions that asking for marriage is sin. Instead, the letters of Paul even encourages sex. If you read the songs of songs it shows that it's even acceptable to have sex just for pleasure itself (in case you want to argue, read that book and then come back to argue). So I dont really see how I could possibly ask amiss. If sex were my only desire then yes

First of all men are told to find a wife. Women have been given free will a right to choose if they give them selfs to a man. 

As the bride of Christ, Jesus even finds us and we choose to give ourselves to him or reject him. 

It doesnt matter how much faith or doubt you have The Lord purpose is to save our soul and our resposibilty is to over come our flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit we recieve.

Wanting a wife is a good thing and anything good worth having is worth the effort to earn. Flesh wouldn't appreciate, respect, honor, a wife he gave nothing to get. In a month your hard heart would be shaking your fist at God complaining about the women he gave you.

Just like your being a judas now because you cant get one without paying a price.

Jesus paid the highest price for you. He didnt force you. He showed his love and asked you to be in convenant with you. I think you said ok, let me see what i get out of it. Ill wear the ring but not make the vow. Do you even love Him? Have you felt how much he loves you in your heart? Do you love because he loved you first?

Gold digger women are not respected is that what your doing to God? you have no love for him just desire the thing you can get if you are with him?Are you just seeing what He will give you? He died to give us eternal life, forgivness of sin, save us from hell. But that isnt worth appreciating if He doesnt give you a wife? Where does he say he will give you any first love, great love, enduring love but his own?

Edited by Reinitin
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

LPSTER. If you are unable to make a commitment to the Lord, are you really ready to make a life commitment to a woman.  It is not an easy task to live with, love and cherish a woman for 50 or more years. Have you really thought through that kind of commitment. Are you really ready to put her first in your life as we have been instructed to do; to do what is best for her and to yields to her needs over yours?

• Loved it! 1

4 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

What do you mean exactly? I dont see where bible mentions that asking for marriage is sin. Instead, the letters of Paul even encourages sex. If you read the songs of songs it shows that it's even acceptable to have sex just for pleasure itself (in case you want to argue, read that book and then come back to argue). So I dont really see how I could possibly ask amiss. If sex were my only desire then yes. But even if sex were included in list that I expect from marriage it wouldnt be asking amiss as long it is not the only reason for asking. Well if you see something that makes you sure that I ask amiss then feel free to tell it to me and then  I can start working in that area.

I understand your point. However the source of doubts is that the promises in scripture doesnt match with reality in my life. If you say that all word is truth then logically also promises should be truth because promises are also words of God. Now write down all the promises of of God in a list and come and live as my room mate in my dormitory. Every time you see some promise gets fulfilled in my life cross that promise out from that list. After year, you would still have that same list with out a single promise crossed out.

yes. have done this.

Right now I am not reading it but I try to listen to it 2 hours a day. It's summer time so I go to walk outside to listen to it. Listening goes faster than reading so it helps to get the big picture better. With reading I would be stuck in details because I am horrible reader. When winter comes and weather becomes too horrible to walk outside I will return to reading the bible.

Quite much.

No, but I go to sleep with gratitude for having to live one day less.

So is there anything I need to do or not? And if yes then what?

No, the loneliness while everyone else get blessed as soon as they ask with no questions asked them make me feel ignored.

First I have to make it clear that your requirement is high and cannot be achieved with human strength alone. You make yourself as an example but first not everyone have this calling to live life with out marriage and secondly you are making joy as a requirement. However with that requirement if it was true it would be impossible to fulfill as each day would give it's new burdens. And instead of giving me hope, you make me clear that I wont meet these standards anyway and the harder I tried to be happy he unhappier I would become so the only right thing according to this is to stop hoping on God to provide me a wife and start looking from worldly dating services. Their standards and requirements are at lease more realistic. The problem with your standards is that it's like the law of old testament. It gives you standard to live by but not the power. Achieving what you wrote me with my own strength is about as difficult as getting to heaven by keeping the law. Also you never faced these difficulties and trials and therefore you are not able to  adequately estimate my difficulties. you were given power to triumph over these and you were protected by God from these feelings that I am not protected from. You cant expect me to handle the situation the same way as you did because we received different treatments from God at first point. You only received love and care but I only received hate and indifference.  You really cant expect someone who is treated with hate and indifference  to live the same way as someone who was loved and kept safe from all possible negative feelings.

That's great. I so wish it were more than just a nice words in the bible. I truly wish I could see it with my own eye that it is so that I would have to take it by faith anymore but know of my experience.  But God is not interested in showing me that. But yea, pray for me. Because God loves you. Maybe then it will happen. Then my hope is that if God doesnt do it because He loves me, He would at least do it because He loves you.

I am just treating Him the way He is treating me. But yes, I need to repent of it because even the Bible tells us not to pay evil with evil. It's hard. But I know I need to work on it.

But right now God isnt giving me faith either even if I beg Him on my knees. Therefore I will never ever please Him anyway.

That's good and bad. It's good that you always get what you need. But it's also bad because you dont know what it means if your needs are not met. It has danger of leading you to believe that God will always give you what you need. But look at kids in africa for example. Not all who starve to death are bad christians. Some of them are better christians than you are but God still allows them to starve to death by not meeting their need of food. Or would you justify God by telling that it was not right time? Oops the child died wile waiting for God's right time.

Yes! However it's interesting that I get eternal life by grace but have to earn my wife with my deeds.

I dont ask wife as a proof that He is God but if anything then as a proof that He loves me. Because death on cross I can only read about but wife I I can know better than just some words.

What does measure of faith mean?

I just want to have confidence in God, specially that He's love for me is what the Bible said it would be.

Im praying you see. But this whole argument is comming from your flesh. It is the part of you that is condemed to eternity in Hell. You have sinned. One sin against a Holy God condemed all Men to Death. It is one sin that has damned us all to death. But that act on the cross 2000 years ago you can not see as love for you was Christ taking the beating, mocking, death and Gods Judgement and Wrath toward sin in our flesh on hinself. So you wont feel the sting of death and the grave wont be a prison that holds you fir God's wrath and judgment day.  Everything that has offended God will be thrown into an eternal fire. Our Flesh is an offence to God.

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ who walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

Your walking in flesh and not after the Spirit of the Lorf that crys Abba Father.

If you cant see Christs love for you i really doubt you have reconsiled you debt with him. I do not see one drop of gratitude from you.  I doubt you even have had the coviction of the Holy Spirit concerning Sin, Rightousness and Judgment. 

I pray for what ever Church your going to. I pray God sends his Labors in his harvest  to confront You and those who teach and speak at your church with Gods Spirit and Truth. 

Without Christs love spread abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit And without Christ in you. Your going to hell. Not even something comparable to you getting a wife from God or not getting a wife. i suggest you seek Christ till you find Him cause i wife wont do you much good in HELL.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sister.....

There is a lot to go through together regarding each comment of mine that you replied to so I would love to take one at a time and I will not do that hurredly or without prayer,so if you wouldn't mind I will take a little time to reply(plus I am the worst typist here,lol)     I want nothing more than for you to discover the wonderful Peace & Joy that I have,you are not required to have anything more or less than I have,there are no standards to fill dear Sister,be encouraged that we've not even begun this wonderful discussion yet & I am praying for you,I mean that with all of my heart

I have a few things going on right now & I want to give you my undivided attention,I cannot do that at this very moment     And also,you are pleasing & acceptable  in Gods Eyes because when He looks at you covered in the Blood of His Son that is WHO He Sees,His Son......I'm pleading the Blood from the crown of your head to your tippy toes,you are worthy,precious & loved very much ,by our Lord & by me    I will be back as soon as possible                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 3

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Sister.....

There is a lot to go through together regarding each comment of mine that you replied to so I would love to take one at a time and I will not do that hurredly or without prayer,so if you wouldn't mind I will take a little time to reply(plus I am the worst typist here,lol)     I want nothing more than for you to discover the wonderful Peace & Joy that I have,you are not required to have anything more or less than I have,there are no standards to fill dear Sister,be encouraged that we've not even begun this wonderful discussion yet & I am praying for you,I mean that with all of my heart

I have a few things going on right now & I want to give you my undivided attention,I cannot do that at this very moment     And also,you are pleasing & acceptable  in Gods Eyes because when He looks at you covered in the Blood of His Son that is WHO He Sees,His Son......I'm pleading the Blood from the crown of your head to your tippy toes,you are worthy,precious & loved very much ,by our Lord & by me    I will be back as soon as possible                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

kwik it is true God does love the world. its true he covers our flesh and sin.

it is also true that the carnal mind is at emnity with God and it isnt and can not be subject to the law of God.

those who are after the flesh are in the flesh. Those after the Spirit are in Spirit. If God dwells in us we are after the Spirit. If any man have not the Spirit of Christ in him. He is not Christs. 

If Christ is in us our body is dead because of sin. But the Spirit is life. 

We are not in debt to live by the flesh. if we live after the flesh we will die. If we put to death the flesh and live by the Spirit we live. Those led by the Spirit of God are Sons of God. We have recieved a Spirit that crys abba Father. 

Of course we wait with hope knowing that Christ is making intercession for us but at what point do we realize that blessed assurance comes from His Spirit in us?

The love of our Lord is faithful, enduring, and our sin and our flesh in fact nothing can seperate us from His Love.

But are you seriously going to tell people that can't see Gods love displayed through Christ on the Cross as proof of Gods love they are saved and born again and have recieved Gods Spirit? are you prophecing he will go to heaven when he doesnt have a Spirit that cry's abba father? We arnt supose to judge who will decend in to hell but we also are not supose to judge who will ascend to heaven. But we are to tell people the truth that they have to be born again. They have to recieve the heavenly seed and to do that we have to believe in our heart. This guy is saying he needs a sign. Bible says we get no sign accept the Lord. how can you in good conscience put a pacifier in his mouth instead of let him cry out to God till he knows Jesus saved him. You gotta know its only revealed to us by Gods Spirit?

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Jesus paid the highest price for you. He didnt force you. He showed his love and asked you to be in convenant with you. I think you said ok, let me see what i get out of it. Ill wear the ring but not make the vow. Do you even love Him? Have you felt how much he loves you in your heart? Do you love because he loved you first?

Gold digger women are not respected is that what your doing to God? you have no love for him just desire the thing you can get if you are with him?Are you just seeing what He will give you? He died to give us eternal life, forgivness of sin, save us from hell. But that isnt worth appreciating if He doesnt give you a wife? Where does he say he will give you any first love, great love, enduring love but his own?

No, I went to covenant with Him. And after that I started to ask for a wife. After seeing that no matter how much I pray I started to doubt whether God is actually so good as He promised to be. Because how come loving God let's me sit for years with no answer.
You judge me based on what you see now. But not knowing how it all started you should try to be less judgemental and try to understand more.

1 hour ago, other one said:

If you are unable to make a commitment to the Lord, are you really ready to make a life commitment to a woman.

Question: If what you said is true, how do you explain away non-christian marriages that perfom better than christian marriage? I know many people who are not christians and who have very loving and caring marriage. I think that proved that you're wrong and there is no need for us to continue to discuss that idea.

As for being ready or not you are not first one to ask. Since I have written it so many times I'd suggest to read my other posts/topics to find answers.

41 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Your walking in flesh and not after the Spirit of the Lorf that crys Abba Father.

Well, God havent given me that spirit/desire or what ever.

43 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

If you cant see Christs love for you i really doubt you have reconsiled you debt with him. I do not see one drop of gratitude from you.  I doubt you even have had the coviction of the Holy Spirit concerning Sin, Rightousness and Judgment. 

I simply dont see what to be thankful for. I know that story that Jesus died for my sins. It simply doesnt produce thankfulness in me. What shall I do? Shall I just pretend that I am thankful and say thanks for stuff even if I dont feel thankful? God sees in me. I understand that dying is great thing but at the same time letting me pray for years with no answer is not loving.  Maybe I would be more grateful if I were 100% sure that God existed. But maybe He doesnt even exist? To whom I am thankful then?

50 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Without Christs love spread abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit And without Christ in you

Pray about it! With out Christ being real to me, it's hopeless. Right now I am unable to see Christ more that story in the bible even if I want to. Even if I leave wanting to get wife aside.

52 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Your going to hell.

I like that you at least are one of few who is honest to me. I have described my situation to quite few people and they have mostly told that they either dont know or that I wont go to hell. But I believe what you said. And I to answer the gratitude issue, this honesty is actually one thing I am grateful for.

55 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

i suggest you seek Christ till you find Him

I have tried this but I havent had any breakthrough. I have even tried to seek Him without intent to find wife. Still no help.

30 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

... that can't see Gods love displayed through Christ on the Cross as proof of Gods...

But what can I do? I have tried. I have actually tried. I have even thrown desire to find a wife aside but I just dont see it. To me it's just a story in bible. It's not real for me. What can I do?

32 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

are you prophecing he will go to heaven when he doesnt have a Spirit that cry's abba father?

Well that's not the only good prophesy that I have heard. I have heard this and also about my life. None of prophecies have came to pass so far.

34 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

recieve the heavenly seed

What shall I do?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

Question: If what you said is true, how do you explain away non-christian marriages that perfom better than christian marriage? I know many people who are not christians and who have very loving and caring marriage. I think that proved that you're wrong and there is no need for us to continue to discuss that idea.

Not discussing other people just yourself for we are all different.  I do agree continuing the conversation would be fruitless, just more than just that idea.  It is to the point that maybe God just doesn't want you to have a wife..

• Loved it! 1