• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, other one said:

Yes, it's turned into Turkey day gluttony instead of thanksgiving...  that and football and beer.

Can we not be thankful for football and beer?  :P

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Then let Him; we are not to judge another's servant, as Scripture instructs.

As for "this person or that person having the Holy Spirit", that is not for you to say, either in person or simply by "reading someone's post". God alone searches the heart, as Jeremiah 17:9 reminds us. We would do well to heed it.

The Salem Witch Trials ended centuries ago when they realized they were putting innocent people to death over hysteria and those who thought others were "witches". I strongly advise you do likewise  and end your witch hunt before you injure brothers and sisters in Christ.

I had asked lady kay for her opinion, to which she said she has no problems offering it.   I think the words were Fair enough.   She had replied to my assumptoin

to which I gave her the benefit of doubt by her response.  When I said fair enough.  then I asked for her opinion , to which she said has no problems

offering her opinion.   How on earth is that a witch hunt.   She never answered and that is just fine.   I Offered her to give her opinion. 

How on the Lords green earth is this comparable to the incredible evils of those trials.   I think we need to bow our heads and ask forgivness

for comparing that great atroscity those poor men and women faced at that hideous murderous trial.   They suffered evil at the hands of evil men.

Surely we cannot compare the two .   Asking for an opinion  , and putting one to death, oh my I see no comparision.  not hardly close.

Those poor people .   Yet I have to admit ...........their intregity to refuse to sell out and say they were witches, and went to death for not saying they were

because they loved TRUTH, CHRIST more than their lives........................glory hallelujah that is perfect love for the LORD.

So I say from the heart , let us not take away from the honor bestowed upon them BY the LORD, and call asking an opinion as doing that to them as even close

to the ballpark.    Let us remember their wonderful example in the LORD , their courage under the fiery trial as such an example of enduring love for the LORD.

But please, and I say this kindly, lets not mock what they endured, by comparing it to my simply saying...................I want your opinion.  Cause I just

cant see the comparision.  WE  truly need to learn to listen before we speak.  And I will pray that for myself as well.    That we learn to not assume

but rather just to wait, ponder and truly discern.   What I pray for you , believe me I always pray for myself as I pray for others.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I had asked lady kay for her opinion, to which she said she has no problems offering it.   I think the words were Fair enough.   She had replied to my assumptoin

to which I gave her the benefit of doubt by her response.  When I said fair enough.  then I asked for her opinion , to which she said has no problems

offering her opinion.  

Okay. What was it I was suppose to give my opinion on? I did not see what it was I am suppose to give my opinion about. 

As for me having no issue giving my opinion. It is because I have no fear of man's (or women's)judgment upon me. I know the relationship that I have with Christ Jesus. I know where my heart lines. So someone telling me I don't  measure up to whatever Holy or righteousness test they give me does not bother me in the less.  I know I don't fit into the "box".  I think God made us all different so that we may be better at reaching people that are different. But not everyone see it that way. They think everyone should be on the same path that God called them to be on. When other's don't join in they start accusing them of being less then holy. I really do not think that a message board is the right place to judge someone else's walk with Christ. As we only see on here what people say and not how they live. So I just accept that everyone here is in deed a Christian. Unless they come right out and say other wise. Even if I disagree with their views points.  I think it may have been a good thing that this topic went off topic. As I think some important issues have been brought to light. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, LadyKay said:

Okay. What was it I was suppose to give my opinion on? I did not see what it was I am suppose to give my opinion about. 

As for me having no issue giving my opinion. It is because I have no fear of man's (or women's)judgment upon me. I know the relationship that I have with Christ Jesus. I know where my heart lines. So someone telling me I don't  measure up to whatever Holy or righteousness test they give me does not bother me in the less.  I know I don't fit into the "box".  I think God made us all different so that we may be better at reaching people that are different. But not everyone see it that way. They think everyone should be on the same path that God called them to be on. When other's don't join in they start accusing them of being less then holy. I really do not think that a message board is the right place to judge someone else's walk with Christ. As we only see on here what people say and not how they live. So I just accept that everyone here is in deed a Christian. Unless they come right out and say other wise. Even if I disagree with their views points.  I think it may have been a good thing that this topic went off topic. As I think some important issues have been brought to light. 

We do have to be of the same mind concerning Truth.  The churches today are teaching us wrong.    WE must be of one mind .

The opinion I was asking for is on the thread I put out yesterday.   IF you desire go respond.  IF not then do not.

Just ponder what I say next and see where my trust is.      I only NEED GOD to be able to reach anyone.   I do not need to have walked in their shoes

to understand how to reach them.   You know why that is.   CAUSE GOD HIMSELF knows everything their is to know about everyone.

THUS..........that means he will give me the words by the spirit on what a person needs to hear. KNOWN unto GOD , and HE ALONE , is everything.

This is not an accusation against any.  ITS POINTING TO THE ONE WHO DOES KNOW ALL.   When I say we must be of the same mind

and that many need to mature up fast into this.   It is so true.  Not all are apostels, nor am I, not all are prophets, etc

but all need to mature up into the true faith , and those who know must warn, encourage to get the people to be as one in the faith .

If by grace one has been put into the scriptures after being drawn to Christ and kept only in them for hours daily.  Then would not that person

have a responsibity to go to others who may be lacking or in error and correct by either encouragement or warning .   The answer is YES.

we are our brethrens keeper and any who has been made wise in the holy scrips through faith.............would fail at love if they did not try and do so .

Just ponder that.   Say for example is one is heading over a cliff.................wouldn't you warn them.  I mean if they fell they would die.

SO how much more important is the SOUL to be corrected.............for if a man dies KNOWING CHRIST.......the end is truly a great reward.

But if one dies not knowing , because one who saw them in error , yet did nothing..........yes that end is not good. BUT the blood of the other will

be required at the one WHO KNEW yet said NOTHING. and besides all that................how on earth could I claim to LOVE

if I can simply just get along , YET NOT WARN , and then one who was in danger did not hear.  HOW can that be love.

LOVE would do anything for the welfare of the other , even it it means being hated by men, or rejected by societiy

LOVE would take the punishments so that others could be saved.     Just trying to help some understand.

And yes sometimes things may get said , that are either misunderstood, or perhaps said in the wrong manner.

Learn from it as we all must .   But the people NEED to be exhorted..........heck we all DO.   ANYTIME and EVERYTIME

I am warning you all about anything...........at the very same time .........I too am being reminded to not to the very things I say not to do.

the same spirit reminds me too.    I do not think I am better than any.   For the ONLY GOODNESS I have is of CHRIST , it is just HIS GOODNESS

is reminding me as it reminds all I speak too.   Without Christ , I am nothing but the evil I once was.  IF that HOLY SPIRIT

were to be taken from ME...........I would have no more knowledge and would thus once again be the unholy hog of evil I once was.

Just because I am grave, don't make me wrong.  I do desire souls to be saved.    And when I see error ALARM bells always ring , get this person OUT OF IT.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Davida said:

Generally speaking when I look at Christianity as a collective, I believe too many Christians are ignorant about the above verses and especially about fearing God in gaining wisdom,  in Proverbs and they are also naïve & ignorant about the spiritual battle that is going on daily in this fallen world.  The real foolish people like to skim the surface of the Biblical teachings and just "live THE life" in the world and still be counted as belonging fully to the Lord Jesus. Christians are called to chose. To some degree we have to be in the world but the Bible says we are supposed to be a people set apart. Seems we should be looking into some of the customs that we are partaking in from the view of - is this from God? would it please Him? Does it glorify the Lord?  or sincerely praying and asking God to open your eyes if there is some truth in what other Christians are warning about.  

I am not one prone to deep philosophical or theological discussions, I am more of a "do it, not talk about it" sort of person. 

From that perspective here is my take on this...The last command Jesus gave to us before departing our earth, was to  Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  

This was the impetus driving our church when we were debating what to do about Halloween.  I was at the time the outreach director and I argued that we needed to take the day/night back, that we should not surrender it to Satan.  We do not reach the lost by hiding in our homes or our churches with the lights off waiting for this night to pass.  Everyday belongs to the Lord, even Halloween.  It is not Satan's unless we give it to him.   

The first year we tried a "judgement house", but that did not work well and was a huge financial and time expense.  One of our congregation had heard of the "trunk and treat" and we decided to give it a try.   It is now an event that people in the town talk about and look forward to.  The fruit of this has been souls saved, whole families coming to know the Lord and also children giving their lives to the Lord even when their parents will not follow, but they may one day.   

We also started joining the Halloween Parade, a major deal in our city to where even trick or treating is pushed back a day.  The children from our Children's club helped make the float and walked along the route in their club uniforms, handing out candy and tracts.  Some years we gave water bottles to the people watching the parade with verses and our address.  This brought people to our church as they saw we were not afraid to open our doors and step out into the masses.  

We did not compromise anything, we did not "give in to the world", we took back the day for the Lord, because we all believe that "this is the day the Lord hath made". 

So, Does it please God?  does it glorify God?  I guess that all depends if winning souls makes God happy.  I belive it does. 

Edited by Running Gator

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/30/2017 at 11:25 PM, walla299 said:

Its a bit early for the annual "Halloween is Evil" thread, but carry on! :laugh:

I'm an adult, so the only use I have for Halloween is the all the candy on sale the day after! 50% off or more! Then its time to stock up.

Oh, is there going to be an early "Christmas is Evil" thread too?

(Don't go ballistic, please. Its a joke.) :)

Yeah that is why I don't have a problem with Halloween either. 50% off the candy afterwards is totally awesome!