• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

IF light travels 186,000 miles per second wouldn't a light year be 186,000 * how many seconds are in a year?

Yes - and no amount of colors, fonts, underlines, and bolds changes it :-P

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Just now, one.opinion said:

Yes - and no amount of colors, fonts, underlines, and bolds changes it :-P

LOL.  I beg to ask the question using his logic can we measure anything?

6 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My thinking up to now is that God is both inside and outside time in 10-11 dimensional space.  But if there are 4 spacial dimensions, I wondering if God is there.  Or is God outside of all 10-11 dimensions?

This is interesting, but beyond my brain-stretching capability. I tend to think of God as creator of all dimensions, so outside of all dimensions. Of course, He can still interact within them, but is not limited to them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

55 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

Did you get to the "Moon Fossils" part yet??  

Not yet.  Don't ruin it for me.

55 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

1.  Keyword: 'believes'.

2.  Does he have any Scientific Evidence, per adventure? 

He states quite a bit of scientific evidence.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86

Just now, one.opinion said:

This is interesting, but beyond my brain-stretching capability. I tend to think of God as creator of all dimensions, so outside of all dimensions. Of course, He can still interact within them, but is not limited to them.

Yes, that makes sense from a Big Bang perspective.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

6 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The entropy of a closed system is ALWAYS positive.  A closed system may be defined as the universe.  The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics remains True, ALWAYS. 

We see regions of gaseous nebula right...stellar nurseries? Did God put them there? What does the 2nd law say about gravity?

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I am talking about two different light sources.

In terms of the 1st day light the 4th the sun. So how can we prove this view?

9 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My thinking up to now is that God is both inside and outside time in 10-11 dimensional space.  But if there are 4 spacial dimensions, I wondering if God is there.  Or is God outside of all 10-11 dimensions? 

Okay let's say you might be right...how do we prove this or where God is? I understand you have faith. I have zero..one could believe anything on faith.. black people are smarter than white...mohammed is a prophet of God....The hindu religion is right... Posideon is God of the sea... my lucky rabbits foot is why I won the lottery. To me faith is not a reliable pathway to truth. Faith is what people refer to in the absence of evidence. Ie 1st demonstrate God and where he is then I'll be swayed.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

11 hours ago, Kevinb said:

In terms of vestigial... I'll pick one.. why do whales and dolphins have vestigial pelvis and hind leg remnants buried in their bodies?  An easy one to both agree on is there..we've all seen pics and gone to museums right. So in this instance there's nothing showing externally. Evolution will point to common ancestry with animals breathing air... running on land in a spinal up and down motion as spines of dolphins still move in water. We've a fossil record. Dna evidence points to hippos being a close relation etc etc.  Anyways why would God create dolphins with hind leg remnants buried in their bodies? Then how do you demonstrate he did?  Best I've got so far as the evolution alternate is "his pleasure ". Mmm kinda not enough for me. 

noted on the pod lizards... they'll buy evolution...micro to a point right up until it goes against their understanding of doctrine. Let's look at evolution in another way... can someone give a better explanation for quote above. Any advances on his pleasure? 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

they'll buy evolution...micro to a point right up until it goes against their understanding of doctrine

It's interesting - after years of denying evolution and transitional species, Answers in Genesis (AiG) is now promoting it since the 1,000 or so species on the Ark would have had to evolve with incredible speed to make the millions of species on the planet today. All of this evolution is stipulated by AiG to still have occurred within "kinds", though.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

6 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Evolution:

1. the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form

2. the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth

(definitions courtesy of google)

Yes, you're a wiki/google scientist.

"Are Thought to have"??  Do you know the difference between "Science" and Fairytale "Just So"Stories?  Watch...

Science -- Method: The Scientific Method.

Fairytale "Just So" Stories ---Method: Imagination.

See the difference?

The scientific theory is a rather complex one, but (as I'm sure you are aware) the idea is that organisms changed over extremely long periods of time into what we can now directly observe today.

Ahhh, this isn't a "Scientific Theory"...

"Scientific Theories": "Explain" --- The "How/WHY" (mechanisms/ process) AND...Identify "The Cause"; e.g., Germ Theory. Scientific Theories are the Result of Validated/Confirmed Scientific Hypotheses that have been rigorously TESTED via The Scientific Method...

"A Scientific Theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with REPEATED TESTING." https://www.thoughtco.com/scientific-hypothesis-theory-law-definitions-604138

"A Scientific Theory consists of one or more hypotheses that have been supported with REPEATED TESTING." https://futurism.com/hypothesis-theory-or-law/

"A Scientific Theory represents an hypothesis, or a group of related hypotheses, which has been CONFIRMED through REPEATED EXPERIMENTAL TESTS." http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/appendixe/appendixe.html

"Change" isn't a MECHANISM -- (HOW & WHY) or 'A CAUSE' in exactly the same way as "A Change" in the Weather isn't the MECHANISM or CAUSE for a Hurricane !!! :rolleyes:

Biological theories are not generally established with a small number of pertinent experiments, but with large amounts of compiled evidence.

Hogwash!

Darwin hypothesized that transitional fossils would be found

1.  You have yet to ESTABLISH the Scientific Theory of evolution. 

2. What's the Formal Scientific Hypothesis...?

Identify the Independent and Dependent Variables...?

Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?

Both human ancestry and transitions of other life groups is supported by fossil evidence.

1. You can't provide evidence for something that's not DEFINED.

2.  That's not "Scientific Evidence"...

Henry Gee, PhD (Paleontology, Evolutionary Biology) Senior Editor Nature...

“To take a line of fossils and claim that they represent a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that can be tested, but an assertion that carries the SAME VALIDITY as a BEDTIME STORY—amusing, perhaps even instructive, but NOT SCIENTIFIC.”
Henry Gee PhD; In Search of Deep Time—Beyond the Fossil Record to a New History of Life, 1999, pp. 116-117

See above the Difference between "Science" and Fairytale "Just-So" Stories.

Others hypothesized that morphological phylogenies would be confirmed with DNA sequencing

1.  What's the Formal Scientific Hypothesis...?

a.  Identify the Independent and Dependent Variables...?

b.  Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?

2.  Begging The Question Fallacy:  Where'd you get DNA??  Start here...

a. "Functional" DNA/RNA/Proteins NEVER spontaneously form "naturally", outside already existing cells, from Sugars, Bases, Phosphates, and Aminos, respectively.
It's Physically and Chemically IMPOSSIBLE.
That's just the Hardware!

To refute, Please show a Functional 30 mer- RNA or Protein (most are 250 AA or larger) that formed Spontaneously/Naturally "Outsi de" a Cell/Living Organism from: Sugars, Bases, Phosphates, and Aminos, respectively: CITE SOURCE! The smallest "Functional" DNA (Genome) is a little over 100,000 Nucleotides... so that ain't happenin !

Conclusion from the Grand Poobah's of OOL Research...

"We conclude that the direct synthesis of the nucleosides or nucleotides  from prebiotic precursors in reasonable yield and unaccompanied by larger amounts of related molecules could
not be achieved by presently known chemical reactions."
Gerald F. Joyce, and Leslie E. Orgel, "Prospects for Understanding the Origin of the RNA World," p. 18 The RNA World, R.F. Gesteland and J.F. Atkins, eds. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 1993.

Dr. Leslie Orgel's last Published Words (Literally), after more than 50 Years of OOL Research...

"However, solutions offered by supporters of geneticist or metabolist scenarios that are dependent on
 If Pigs Could Fly hypothetical chemistry are unlikely to help."
Orgel LE (2008): The Implausibility of Metabolic Cycles on the Prebiotic Earth, PLoS Biology.

Then the WOOLLY T-REX in the Room... 

b. How Did Stupid Atoms Write Their Own Software....? In other words, show how Ink/Paper/Glue Molecules can Author Technical Instruction Manuals/Blueprints...?

“DNA is not a special life-giving molecule, but a genetic databank that transmits its INFORMATION using a mathematical code. Most of the workings of the cell are best described, not in terms of material stuff — hardware — but as INFORMATION, or SOFTWARE. Trying to make life by mixing chemicals in a test tube is like soldering switches and wires in an attempt to produce Windows 98. It won’t work because it addresses the problem at the wrong conceptual level.”

3.  DNA Sequencing?? ...

"Even with DNA sequence data, we have no direct access to the processes of evolution, so objective reconstruction of the vanished past can be achieved only by creative imagination."
N. A. Takahata, "Genetic Perspective on the Origin and History of Humans," Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics vol. 26, 1995, p. 343. 

Again: See above the Difference between "Science" and Fairytale "Just-So" Stories.

Others have predicted that mutational change

1.  Begging The Question (Fallacy):  Mutations of what?

2.  That's not a "Scientific Prediction".  Watch...

Please Define:

1. "Scientific Prediction"...?

2. "POST"- diction...?

3. Jeanne Dixon/Jimmy The Greek/Carnival Tent "Prediction"...?

Now Juxtapose the Characteristics of each and place your "predicted mutational change" trainwreck in the appropriate category...?

I know you asked for specifics, and I'm sorry I'm not addressing your response in that much detail yet, but you can probably see my point.

Yes, you're conflating Fairytale "Just-So" Stories with "Science".

The bottom line is that numerous individual experiments have one-by-one contributed to what is now nearly-universally accepted among biologists.

There are ZERO!! You (and they) can't even define the "Theory"!! :rolleyes:

Gosh, I hope someone lets the astronomers and geologists know this.

Gosh, it's real easy...

Post a Formal Scientific Hypothesis in the Entire History of these 'so-called' disciplines...? OR...

Show how you can have "SCIENCE" without Scientific Hypotheses...?  Voila

Please elaborate on what you think is "real" science vs "pseudo" science in biology.

Everything that's not Validated by EXPERIMENT.   I take each claim on a Case-by-Case basis.

Sometimes, science is done primarily by observation, instead of by experimentation.

Wrong Answer...

The Final Arbiter of TRUTH in 'Science' is EXPERIMENT !!
Lewars, EG: Computational Chemistry -- Introduction to the theory and application of Molecular and Quantum Mechanics; Third Edition 2016, p. 5.

"The only way things change in Physics is EXPERIMENTS. ...Everything is based on EXPERIMENT, that's the only way we change our mind."

Ramamurti Shankar; Professor of Physics, Yale. Wave Theory of Light. ( .22 second mark)

"If it doesn't agree with EXPERIMENT, it's WRONG. In that simple statement is the KEY to SCIENCE".

Richard Feynman (Nobel Prize, Physics); The Essence Of Science In 60 Seconds.

EXPERIMENT is the only means of knowledge at our disposal. Everything else is POETRY, IMAGINATION.”

Max Planck (Nobel Prize, Physics), Quoted in; Atkins P.W.,: Molecular Quantum Mechanics; Oxford University Press, 1983

"The scientific method REQUIRES that an hypothesis be ruled out or modified if its predictions are clearly and repeatedly incompatible with EXPERIMENTAL TESTS. Further, no matter how elegant a theory is, its predictions must agree with EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS if we are to believe that it is a VALID description of nature. In physics, as in every experimental science, "EXPERIMENT is Supreme" and EXPERIMENTAL VERIFICATION of hypothetical predictions is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY." http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/appendixe/appendixe.html

If you weren't fully "EXPOSED" up to this point, you surely are now.

Scientists can count tree rings/ice core layers/lake varves.

Yes and Pocahontas was a MI6 Mermaid and the mastermind behind the sinking of the Lusitania.

Then they can actually test whether or not their counting methods are consistent by comparing data. Sorry, but it is still science.

Sorry, it's NOT.

We have considerable evidence for the process of evolution.

You have ZERO, you can't even post the ACTUAL "Theory" for goodness sakes.

Since evolution occurs on a massive time scale

In your Imagination.

You have made me curious with your use of the word "We". Are you a scientist?

I'm Retired. :D

If so, what field do you study?

Biochemistry Formally, but my Passion is Quantum Mechanics.

regards

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

16 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

It's interesting - after years of denying evolution and transitional species,

Again...

a. 'evolution' What's that...?? Define evolution...?
b. Post the Scientific Theory of evolution...?
c. Post just TWO Formal Scientific Hypotheses then Experiments that concretized it into a REAL Scientific Theory...?
d. Post the Null Hypotheses that were Rejected/Falsified for each...?
e. Highlight The Independent Variables used in Each TEST...?

Answers in Genesis (AiG) is now promoting it since the 1,000 or so species on the Ark

1.  Who Cares what AIG does or thinks.

2.  "Species" smh. Which Definition?? There's about 50 in the last 100 years and hundreds since Aristotle first coined the Term ca. 330 BC!!!

And professor, "Species" (The Taxonomic Classification System, invented by a Creationist...btw) is a 'Man-Made' categorization system, i.e., it's an ARBITRARY CONVENTION; MEANING -- any extrapolations OUTSIDE OF IT ... are a Stone Cold Begging The Question Fallacy from the Black Lagoon!!

would have had to evolve with incredible speed to make the millions of species on the planet today.

Errr, Stone Cold Begging The Question Fallacy from the Black Lagoon!!

regards