Daughter of God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I've basically been told I'm a shoe-in for a job that sounds like an easy fit, with great paid training, and decent pay...but it's in a city that I want to leave in my past, and that was a site of years of horror. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, and swore I'd never go back. 

But I'm terrified I won't get a better job. I've been in school for so many years now, and I've had a mild phobia of job hunting ever since a horrible experience when I was 19. After finally beginning the dreaded job search just a couple weeks ago, I have growing but still shaky confidence in my skills and abilities. I know the field and position I really want to get into, but I have little direct experience (but lots of training) in it, and I'm very apprehensive about applying.

Yes, I haven't actually applied to those positions. I want to, but the cover letter is screwing me up; I have a pathological aversion to self-promotion. I'm the "work hard, follow the rules" type. Today's culture of "SELL! Enthusiasm! Smile!" completely freaks me out. I don't know what to say. The job itself doesn't require that sort of thing, thank God, but the interview process...terrifies me. I'm OK if I know what to do about something, but if I don't know how it's done, I freeze up or procrastinate. Especially when it comes to social somethings. 

The job mentioned above is in a different field, a different position entirely, though it might offer some transferable technological training. 

I know it's God's plan in the end, and He's telling me to chase my dream.

Any thoughts or advice for a newbie (re)convert?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i say go for it and if it's not Gods will it won't pan out......   just don't be disappointed if it does not work out, take it that He just didn't want you there.    Setting around doing nothing is about the worst thing you can do.    And in job hunting there is nothing wrong with expressing your attributes.....   you don't have to do it in a bragging way, just what you are capable of.....   or more important willing to learn.

My wife said she would never be a kindergarten teacher too......   but God put her there against her will and she quickly grew to love it....     and all three of the principles that she worked with over the 22 years said she had a God given talent to work with young kids.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,718
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"but it's in a city that I want to leave in my past, and that was a site of years of horror."

So what has changed that you would go back? If nothing then why is it an option that you will consider doing that at all? You want new years of horror in your life?

You wrote a nice cover letter to this thread, you can write, just get to it, do it. Do it now think about it afterward not before.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,718
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

And I suppose after you write, go back  and make sure you  add key words to your paper. In case the resumes are computer read first. List those cross interests that will get picked out by  the mindless machine's artifical intelligence and get your resumes past the first pile onto a human. And follow up if possible, by e-mail, text, Facebook, Linkedin, all that stuff.

Your prospective employer is going to be looking you up on social media, might as well share there of your interest in them too! Plus clean up any social media account that you may, if you already have them and are active on them. But foremost pray and think and read the Bible and pray again. Ask the intervention  of the Holy Spirit upon the readers of your inquiries. Pray for them their well being and learn more about the companies too.

Ask for prayer too, so that many here will know how to pray for you as well.

Edited by Neighbor