IGNORED

Jesus

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, Truth is Power said:

Acts 2:31
31 David, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of Christ that ‘His soul was not left in hell, neither did His flesh see corruption.’     You're correct that's  what it is "the grave" 
YOU'RE A WINNER""""""""""""" Jesus did go to hell (grave), his soul was in hell (grave) for 3 days while he was sleeping.   Mind Blown If you think Jesus went somewhere else whereas the scripture?                                                                                                                                                                                          
Then where do Righteous people go when they die? and don't say heaven, and if that's what you believe in the when did the first resurrection take place? there is only two times when people are resurrected. I would like to know?

Hell and "the grave"  are not the same place.

When a righteous person dies they go to be with Jesus in Heaven.   They will one day be resurrected to receive their glorified bodies but until then, those who die this side of the rapture, will go to Heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus did not go to hell.  The prophecy Peter quoted refers to Jesus being in the grave.   Jesus did not go to Hell where sinners go.

Jesus did Go to hell , not to burn but to proclaim his victory over death and to take out everybody who was in Abraham Bosom , you know 4000 years people were dying and they could not go to heaven yet because price was not paid with Christ with his Blood yet .

Abraham Bosom was paradise under earth , whole thing was called hell in KJV but there are different names for hell in greek or hebrew so you can distinct them .

Edited by Amazing Horse

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

Jesus did Go to hell , not to burn but to proclaim his victory over death and to take out everybody who was in Abraham Bosom , you know 4000 years people were dying and they could not go to heaven yet because price was not paid with Christ with his Blood yet .

Abraham Bosom was paradise under earth , whole thing was called hell in KJV but there are different names for hell in greek or hebrew so you can distinct them .

Abraham's bosom was not a place in Hell.   Abraham's bosom was an eschatological reference.   I don't know why people think Abraham's bosom is paradise, but that is simply erroneous and the Bible makes no mention of any connection between the two.

32 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Abraham's bosom was not a place in Hell.   Abraham's bosom was an eschatological reference.   I don't know why people think Abraham's bosom is paradise, but that is simply erroneous and the Bible makes no mention of any connection between the two.

Because Christ said to thief that he will be with him in pardise on cross . Paradise is different word than heaven , maybe if you read bible little more that would be better before talking on subjects with your man -made doctrines , pretty bad for person with huge amount of post not even knowning basics of Christianity. Go back to Lazarus and rich man , it's not parable , they were in Bosom and next to them was hell and they could see each other and talk but not come to each other , in parables people have no names it was real event .

Also if Jesus did not go to hell to rescure OT believers then they still must be here because nothing can lift them up from here , they had no Holy Spirit when they died because it was given at pentecost feast in NT .

Edited by Amazing Horse

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

Because Christ said to thief that he will be with him in pardise on cross . Paradise is different word than heaven , maybe if you read bible little more that would be better before talking on subjects with your man -made doctrines , pretty bad for person with huge amount of post not even knowning basics of Christianity.

None that tells us that Paradise is Abraham's bosom.   Those are not the same things. 

Also if Jesus did not go to hell to rescure OT believers then they still must be here because nothing can lift them up from here , they had no Holy Spirit when they died because it was given at pentecost feast in NT .

I am not saying they were not in paradise. All I am saying is that paradise is not Abraham's bosom.

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

None that tells us that Paradise is Abraham's bosom.   Those are not the same things. 

I am not saying they were not in paradise. All I am saying is that paradise is not Abraham's bosom.

If you say that Abraham Bosom is not paradise , why it's called Abraham Bosom and why was Abraham in that bosom ?

We know that you either are saved or burn in hell , pretty clear for me what it is , if Abraham and Lazarus were not burning then it's not hell but paradise. If Abraham Bosom was not paradise why Larus was in it and not in Lazarus Bosom?

Well you can twist scriptures to your own damnation go on . I love removing rewards in heaven from people who do that , because they are going to me :)

Nobody was able to go to heaven before Christ died and paid with his blood the price , he was first fruit fullfilling feast of first fruits.

John 3:13

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Edited by Amazing Horse

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

If you say that Abraham Bosom is not paradise , why it's called Abraham Bosom and why was Abraham in that bosom ?

Abraham's bosom was an ancient eschatological reference to a great banquet in the Olam Haba (world to come) and Abraham would be the host of the banquet.   Their was a huge debate about who would sit at the seat of honor, the seat of the most beloved guest.   It was similar to our ongoing debates about the identity of the anti-Christ or the two witnesses.   The Rabbis argued over if it would be Elijah or Moses, or King David or one of the prophets, would be at the seat of honor.

At any rate, the parable of rich man and Lazarus has the beggar Lazarus sitting in "Abraham's bosom"  or "the seat of honor."  This in the mind of the audience would make this poor beggar the most honored Jew in the universe.

The point of the parable was to dispel the idea that poverty was a curse of God.   It was also dispelling the notion that existed in that day that riches meant you enjoyed God's favor.  It was a parable about a reversal of fortune.

It has nothing to do with Paradise.  Abraham's Bosom pertained to Jewish eschatology and nothing more.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Abraham's bosom was an ancient eschatological reference to a great banquet in the Olam Haba (world to come) and Abraham would be the host of the banquet.   Their was a huge debate about who would sit at the seat of honor, the seat of the most beloved guest.   It was similar to our ongoing debates about the identity of the anti-Christ or the two witnesses.   The Rabbis argued over if it would be Elijah or Moses, or King David or one of the prophets, would be at the seat of honor.

At any rate, the parable of rich man and Lazarus has the beggar Lazarus sitting in "Abraham's bosom"  or "the seat of honor."  This in the mind of the audience would make this poor beggar the most honored Jew in the universe.

The point of the parable was to dispel the idea that poverty was a curse of God.   It was also dispelling the notion that existed in that day that riches meant you enjoyed God's favor.  It was a parable about a reversal of fortune.

It has nothing to do with Paradise.  Abraham's Bosom pertained to Jewish eschatology and nothing more.

I alredy told you that it's not parable , in parables people have no names and you would notice it if you open your bible from time to time , also don't reply to me you are blind to the truth because you don't like it . I'm not going to cast my pearls to swine.

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Mount of Transfiguration..Elijah and Moses...not with Jesus? 

Not in resurrected body , if you say Moses and Elijah had resurrected body then Jesus could not be firstfruit and could not be Messiah , you blasphemy him.

Don't pour God's wrath on yourself .

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

I alredy told you that it's not parable , in parables people have no names and you would notice it if you open your bible from time to time , also don't reply to me you are blind to the truth because you don't like it . I'm not going to cast my pearls to swine.

It is a parable. It fits the genre of a parable.  In Jesus' day, rabbinic parables abounded about Abraham, Moses, Solomon, etc.   Just because He uses the name of a real person, doesn't mean it is not a parable.