IGNORED

Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?

1 hour ago, other one said:

I don't believe any of these are/were offered salvation, even if they needed it....   

No Baptism's from me.

No baptisms from me.  What does that even mean?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

No baptisms from me.  What does that even mean?

It means that I will not Baptize any ET's.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Angels, demons and all manner of heavenly creatures exist and are mentioned in the Bible.  They are not of this Earth, therefore extraterrestrial creatures exist. 

But you don't expect to baptize some of them, do you?

We do know from reading both the old and new testaments that members of the Divine Council are judged, as are others.  Baptism does not apply to them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Aliens are to humans as gentiles are to Jews. If you are sentient and accept God then who am I tell you otherwise?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 7/30/2021 at 5:38 AM, LearningToLetGo said:

Aliens are to humans as gentiles are to Jews. If you are sentient and accept God then who am I tell you otherwise?

Even if there were sentient aliens, and we met them, baptism is for believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, to identify with his death, burial and resurrection for them.  Jesus did not die for aliens, so baptism would be completely inappropriate.

The whole question is ridiculous and pointless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

Even if there were sentient aliens, and we met them, baptism is for believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, to identify with his death, burial and resurrection for them.  Jesus did not die for aliens, so baptism would be completely inappropriate.

Were not people baptized even before Jesus died? Wasn't Jesus himself baptized? It seems to me baptism is a symbolic public gesture taken to show love of, faith in and fidelity towards God. I see no reason why a hypothetical extra terrestrial could not partake if desired. After all, God is for all beings who desire him. No?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Were not people baptized even before Jesus died? Wasn't Jesus himself baptized?

John's baptism was a baptism unto repentance, which baptism has been superseded by Christian baptism.  The baptism of John was the baptism that Jesus had.  Jesus did not need to repent himself, of course; but, he did that to identify with the repentant people of God and to pre-figure his death, burial and resurrection.

It seems to me baptism is a symbolic public gesture taken to show love of, faith in and fidelity towards God.

It is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.  It is a public testimony of our identification with him, in his death, burial and resurrection, and of our repentance/faith in him.

Acts 8:36-38 (Webster)

36 And as they went on their way, they came to a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
  37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thy heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
  38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

The Lord Jesus came as a man, to die for men.  A profession of faith in Jesus is required, in order to be baptised.

I see no reason why a hypothetical extra terrestrial could not partake if desired. After all, God is for all beings who desire him. No?

There are many angels who desire God; but they are not baptised.  Baptism is for humans (I can hardly believe that I'm having to write this!).

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1