• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/22/2017 at 3:11 PM, other one said:

Jesus admitted he was working on the Sabbath to a group of Jews.....   I'd be careful of making the Sabbath breaking a sin?

Jesus was a carpenter, show me in the BIble where Jesus had a 9 to 5 job and broke the sabbath day to work! I understand in these days some people have to work or they will lose there jobs, so I'm not speaking of those type situation. Since you telling me to be careful, I'll allow you to show me...please paste scriptures and verses as I do. Lets keep these scripture in mind while you looking...lets go into Number 15: 

32  And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

The lord have not changed his ways. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed (Malachi 3:6) or Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Edited by Bro.Tan
add more

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

5 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

With all the different Bible translations we have floating around, it seems a hard task to choose the most accurate one. You might even question the fact of there being an accurate account of the Bible, aside from the original Hebrew Scrolls. Much of this confusion has come about because many modern day religious translators have attempted to interpret the Bible, instead of merely translating it. Therefore, when they translate the Bible they add, change or delete certain words to make it confirm to their religious doctrine. God was aware that this would happen and had John write, "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18-19). When King James had the Bible translated he appointed 54 scholars to do the work instead of religious people. This made it possible for him to change the form, from Hebrew and Greek to English, without changing the meaning. In other words he made the Bible say the exact same thing, only in another language. This in itself was a fulfillment of prophecy, "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people" (Isaiah 28:11).  

Textus Receptus uses ecclesia for assembly or congregation as well, and not the word for church in Acts.  Just saying.   Green's Literal Version and Young's Literal Translation I consider very accurate.  Green also uses Textus Receptus.   No "modern interpretations".  Even Zeola's  Analytical-Literal Translation of the New Testament Third Edition  uses the Byzantine text of the Greek Church and uses the word "assembly" in its translation .  These are the most literal I can find other than Green's interlinear.

On 9/22/2017 at 2:33 PM, DRaleigh said:

Dear All,

I thought this could be very relevant to this thread. I see many people around the world claiming that they hear the voice of God and this hearing is real we cannot deny it but if God is really speaking to us and if he has time to do this, why is he not helping us to understand the truth behind all the religions? Can we get God's help and help Muslim, Jewish and Buddhist people or even atheists to know the truth? Can we all have an intelligent discussion with the God? Cause ever since, we have seen that people around the world are killing each other because of our personal beliefs about God, if God have time to speak to us, why not we use that time to do some intelligent act to help the humanity? How many lives could have saved? How many problems in the world could have been answered? What could be the actual truth behind this hearing ? Or are we being deceived by the demon ? 

Appreciate for your replies and sorry, I hope I'm not offending anyone.

Thanks
Dan.

I don’t know your nationality, but what you have to understand is that every word that was written in the Bible was written by an Israelite. For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." The lord have not changed his ways. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed (Malachi 3:6) or Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. If you are a Gentile or from any other nation, and you are being taught by another Gentile or nation, who have not been taught by a Hebrew Israelite, (who keeps the commandments, statues and judgments), then there’s going to be a lot of miss understanding and miss leading. The question is How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God? Lets take a look into (Ephesians 2:11-22) let’s look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Now, Paul said in Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

5 minutes ago, Willa said:

Textus Receptus uses ecclesia for assembly or congregation as well, and not the word for church in Acts.  Just saying.   Green's Literal Version and Young's Literal Translation I consider very accurate.  Green also uses Textus Receptus.   No "modern interpretations".  Even Zeola's  Analytical-Literal Translation of the New Testament Third Edition  uses the Byzantine text of the Greek Church and uses the word "assembly" in its translation .  These are the most literal I can find other than Green's interlinear.

I understand

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

Nice but that does not make you prophet of God  , prophets could never lie  i'm sure you lied once in your live didn't you ?

interesting.....   the web software put this post in the wrong thread....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 9/24/2017 at 6:13 AM, Bro.Tan said:

With all the different Bible translations we have floating around, it seems a hard task to choose the most accurate one. You might even question the fact of there being an accurate account of the Bible, aside from the original Hebrew Scrolls. Much of this confusion has come about because many modern day religious translators have attempted to interpret the Bible, instead of merely translating it. Therefore, when they translate the Bible they add, change or delete certain words to make it confirm to their religious doctrine. God was aware that this would happen and had John write, "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18-19). When King James had the Bible translated he appointed 54 scholars to do the work instead of religious people. This made it possible for him to change the form, from Hebrew and Greek to English, without changing the meaning. In other words he made the Bible say the exact same thing, only in another language. This in itself was a fulfillment of prophecy, "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people" (Isaiah 28:11).  

So according to Bro.Tan this particular section has been wrongly translated. We have to accept that as a possibility cause if not the God must be evil for asking such a thing from us. Having said that, for over 1000 years, I'm not sure why responsible people out there have never noticed it as a false translation and taken some action to correct it, cause human beings around the world are reading the bible and some people might actually follow these words as the true word of God and do exactly what the bible say. A good example of human behaviour could be understood by reading the below. 

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/mum-32-who-allegedly-stabbed-newborn-son-says-god-told-her-to-do-it/news-story/f9f1b68a39df2943c4c81ae4c7ee56b5

On 9/23/2017 at 11:07 PM, Amazing Horse said:

I don't trust any man or angel because we have more sure proof , not even gonna click on  these videos .

According to God we have more sure word of proof but according to you youtube prophets are more important right :)

Galatians 1:8-9

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I did not know that Paul had heared from God about youtube prophets and put them in bible if they are here please show me thanks .

These are not some random youtube prophets, there are so many church pastors who are claiming this and if I take a known person, that would be Joseph Prince, a pastor in a famous Singapore church. One time I actually visited his church while I was in Singapore with one of my christian friends, the pastor was a nice person and should not have a reason to lie and just like some other pastors out there he also think that God is speaking to him, this could be a major reason for his faith. And in certain times, these voices tells clearly about future events beyond the capabilities of human beings. Just like "other one's" experience, which you can see below,

On 9/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, other one said:

had God not told me to not go downtown in Oklahoma City the day that Tim McVey blew up the federal building I'd have been in the parking lot across the street from where the rental truck bomb went off......    no one  that was in that parking lot survived the blast.

Which means, someone out there is capable of directly stimulating human brains for us to perceive his words. This is what we have understood by studying our brains,

http://scienceinpoland.pap.pl/en/news/news,405977,psychologist-persons-with-schizophrenia-believe-their-inner-voices-in-their-heads-are-strangers.html

“Neuropsychologists may explain auditory hallucinations with stimulation of the auditory cortex. “We know that when auditory cortex is stimulated, it begins to produce auditory experiences. Sometimes – we do not know why yet – this part of the brain is stimulated spontaneously. This means that without appropriate sounds, words from the environment, we can hear voices” – said the scientist and added that a healthy person would begin to hear voices or sounds, if he or she had an electrode implanted into the auditory cortex. Stimulation of the primary auditory cortex would make the person hear crackling and noise, and stimulation of the secondary auditory cortex – more complex listening experience, for example voices.” - When God speak to people, there will be electrical activities in our auditory cortex, without this people will not perceive any type of hearing. 

So if pastors are not lying, if God indeed speaking to people by directly stimulating our brains from time to time, why is he not having an intelligent conversation with human beings, so we will not have any doubts for his presence in this world, isn't it? I don't have a doubt if my brother exist or not but God has time to speak to people by letting people to doubt his presence. Then most importantly, if he has time, why he is not helping us to understand the truth behind religions? I would be happy to follow him if I knew the truth. 

One more question:

If you are the God, if you are the person who created this universe and human beings, will you ever send your son to suffer on Earth with a horrible crucifixion to save human beings? As the creator how many options you would have had to save human beings without letting your son to suffer with a crucifixion? 

Edited by DRaleigh

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, DRaleigh said:

So according to Bro.Tan this particular section has been wrongly translated. We have to accept that as a possibility cause if not the God must be evil for asking such a thing from us. Having said that, for over 1000 years, I'm not sure why responsible people out there have never noticed it as a false translation and taken some action to correct it, cause human beings around the world are reading the bible and some people might actually follow these words as the true word of God and do exactly what the bible say. A good example of human behaviour could be understood by reading the below. 

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/mum-32-who-allegedly-stabbed-newborn-son-says-god-told-her-to-do-it/news-story/f9f1b68a39df2943c4c81ae4c7ee56b5

These are not some random youtube prophets, there are so many church pastors who are claiming this and if I take a known person, that would be Joseph Prince, a pastor in a famous Singapore church. One time I actually visited his church while I was in Singapore with one of my christian friends, the pastor was a nice person and should not have a reason to lie and just like some other pastors out there he also think that God is speaking to him, this could be a major reason for his faith. And in certain times, these voices tells clearly about future events beyond the capabilities of human beings. Just like "other one's" experience, which you can see below,

Which means, someone out there is capable of directly stimulating human brains for us to perceive his words. This is what we have understood by studying our brains,

http://scienceinpoland.pap.pl/en/news/news,405977,psychologist-persons-with-schizophrenia-believe-their-inner-voices-in-their-heads-are-strangers.html

“Neuropsychologists may explain auditory hallucinations with stimulation of the auditory cortex. “We know that when auditory cortex is stimulated, it begins to produce auditory experiences. Sometimes – we do not know why yet – this part of the brain is stimulated spontaneously. This means that without appropriate sounds, words from the environment, we can hear voices” – said the scientist and added that a healthy person would begin to hear voices or sounds, if he or she had an electrode implanted into the auditory cortex. Stimulation of the primary auditory cortex would make the person hear crackling and noise, and stimulation of the secondary auditory cortex – more complex listening experience, for example voices.” - When God speak to people, there will be electrical activities in our auditory cortex, without this people will not perceive any type of hearing. 

So if pastors are not lying, if God indeed speaking to people by directly stimulating our brains from time to time, why is he not having an intelligent conversation with human beings, so we will not have any doubts for his presence in this world, isn't it? I don't have a doubt if my brother exist or not but God has time to speak to people by letting people to doubt his presence. Then most importantly, if he has time, why he is not helping us to understand the truth behind religions? I would be happy to follow him if I knew the truth. 

One more question:

If you are the God, if you are the person who created this universe and human beings, will you ever send your son to suffer on Earth with a horrible crucifixion to save human beings? As the creator how many options you would have had to save human beings without letting your son to suffer with a crucifixion? 

Guess you did not like the answer of HOW this can occur.    Perhaps you lean more to GOD is in all religions, THAT LIE.  

Its been said WHY this can happen.     Its allowed .   ALL RELIGIONS are of satan.   EXCEPT the born again CHRISTAIN who KNOWS JESUS is the only way.

Would you AGREE with the latter statement.   

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, DRaleigh said:

One more question:

If a person believes in the Bible and use the Bible for his or her instruction then all the proof that one needs is there. If one can't use the Bible For correction, posting scriptures and verses then what's the point. Paul say in 2 Timothy 3:16   All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: If I'm wrong, then out of the Bible prove me wrong, not random conversation. Bible and history goes hand in hand. Paul say in  1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is goodOver the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15). 

• Thumbs Up 1

frienduff thaylorde and Bro.Tan,

Correcting a bible verse is actually fine but then again how many people would have read Deuteronomy 13 in the 17th century, 18th century and 19th century but looks like they have accepted it as the true word of God and this is not a complicated verse to understand by any follower.

This is another thing that keeps me in wonder,

One more question:

Edited by DRaleigh

Further, I read another article just now, this is what it says:

Numbers 15:32-36King James Version (KJV)

32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

Do you think it was an acceptable punishment mentioned by the God to Moses for this cause? Can all these verses are mistranslations?