IGNORED

Who is your most signicant or loved figure(person) in the bible?

Marriene

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It would be either Job or Joseph. Both of them suffered but remained close and obedient to God. Kept their faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Excluding our Lord Himself of course...

There are many that come to mind. But to narrow it down to just one, I'd have to say the Apostle Paul from his conversion forward. I don't think anyone (human) in the Bible can compare to the hardships Paul experienced, including Job. Just to name a few; Paul was whipped and beaten on numerous occasions, was in prison(s) frequently, constantly faced hunger and sleep deprivation, he was stoned, shipwrecked at least two times and floated in the sea for a long stretch, was bitten by an asp and much more, including the constant life long thorn in the flesh he prayed three times to have removed. Yet, he had a real zeal and desire to serve Christ and preach the Gospel under horrendous circumstances and conditions. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, Marriene said:

@other one hi! Can you give explanation why Ruth is your chosen figure? Wanna know your insight and how this figure help you way out

Thanks alot! I appreciate your post

she was from a people/country that God completely detested.   But because she made the conscious decision to become a Jew by choice, God took care of her in bad times and gave her a good life....    even to the point of being in Jesus's family tree.  If God is willing to do that to someone of faith I can more than hope he will take care of me.....   and so far he has.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

GINOLJC, my significant person, as said excluded Yeshua/Jesus is Rahab. why? she, #1 have been Portray as a reformed prostitute, which is an error on many people parts. #2. she was a trailblazer. #3. she was the perfect undercover spy for the invasion into the promise land. #4 her faith in God was impeccable  as to all she went through. #5. she set the standard in all Israelite by having whole household saved, (being a succor).  there is so  much about this one woman that bible reveals to us who listen. 

bottom line, I love an underdog, for  Luke 19:17 "And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities". and last, she is the great.... Grand mother in the linage of our Lord and Savior. 

peace in Christ Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I'd have to go with John.   It seemed like he was in a unique supporting role when people needed him.  He was one of the three, very close to Jesus, his gospel records much more of Jesus' prayer in the Garden (suggesting perhaps that he was awake longer than the others), probably the only disciple at the cross, first disciple to the tomb, entrusted by Jesus to take care of Mary, seemed to always be along with Peter when many important things were happening.  The gospels and epistles in the Johannine tradition are elegant in their simplicity and depth of spiritual insight.