• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

This is what they are asking

" If you stay write your social security number on your arm". I would be out of there.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  3

Hope you Texans are ok. :emot-heartbeat:

Guest shiloh357

That's the thing.  I would have left and headed up to Dallas, two days ago.  Just pack a couple of suitcases take some food for one day and water, prescriptions and important documents, and my pets and make the drive north.    There is nothing a person owns that is worth their life, not even their house.   The real damage after the storm passes will be all of the flooding as the rivers creeks crest and levies break.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's the thing.  I would have left and headed up to Dallas, two days ago.  Just pack a couple of suitcases take some food for one day and water, prescriptions and important documents, and my pets and make the drive north.    There is nothing a person owns that is worth their life, not even their house.   The real damage after the storm passes will be all of the flooding as the rivers creeks crest and levies break.

Pack the Winnebago and go spend a month in Canada where it cool.....

Guest shiloh357
51 minutes ago, other one said:

Pack the Winnebago and go spend a month in Canada where it cool.....

That would work!  Road Trip!!!!!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It's pretty soggy down here right now and tornadoes have hit this morning around Houston.  They're saying it's going to be bad until Wednesday so....all we can do is pray.  No damage in my area yet.  As for leaving, I've done that before and just don't want to do it again.  We are having trouble getting gas right now anyway.

On 8/26/2017 at 9:51 AM, MorningGlory said:

It's pretty soggy down here right now and tornadoes have hit this morning around Houston.  They're saying it's going to be bad until Wednesday so....all we can do is pray.  No damage in my area yet.  As for leaving, I've done that before and just don't want to do it again.  We are having trouble getting gas right now anyway.

How is it now in your area sis? Im praying for you and all in the Tx areas that were hit with this disaster that hasnt happened in over 60 yrs!

Stay safe.

Belssings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a high school friend that also worked for my dad part time that lives in Sugarland and he says that they are now owners of lake front property......   hopefully they won't end up as a rooftop  island.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 minute ago, Blueyedjewel said:

How is it now in your area sis? Im praying for you and all in the Tx areas that were hit with this disaster that hasnt happened in over 60 yrs!

Stay safe.

Belssings

We are in the midst of a flood of Biblical proportions!  It's bad, really bad and the emergency responders are overwhelmed.  They have called in the National Guard.  Most of my family is here in this area but, so far, all of them are okay.  They say it may last until Wednesday.  Please continue to pray because only God can handle this one!

• Loved it! 1

6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

We are in the midst of a flood of Biblical proportions!  It's bad, really bad and the emergency responders are overwhelmed.  They have called in the National Guard.  Most of my family is here in this area but, so far, all of them are okay.  They say it may last until Wednesday.  Please continue to pray because only God can handle this one!

Very dire situation. Even with a good emergency plan in place, this storm has definitely put a strain on the plan. Ive been watching Fox News for days now. The hurricane,tornados, and continuing rain is epic for sure. What subdivision are you in? Higher ground?  They are saying up to 50 inches in some areas with the endless rains. Gosh sis, Im praying!

You still have power and air conditioning? I hope so. 350 thousand dont according to the news. The heat w/o air is not good for those who are elderly or sick or babies. Praying!!