IGNORED

Is it Ok for a Christian to avoid people, and how?

FunnyBunny

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Willa said:

We are to be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves. Enjoy your remaining time with your parents.  This might have been a teaching time for you so that when you encounter others like this when you are on your own, you won't allow them to take advantage of you.  We can volunteer help with food and water if they are in need, without getting as personally involved when we are vulnerable and away from home. 

Thank you! Actually this verse came to me earlier today and I'm so grateful you brought it back up.  I do think it was a learning experience, praise the Lord Almighty. 

10 hours ago, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

Yes, she needs to be set free. Because of her past hurts, there are probably several spirits at work in her that would require deliverance. Pray. If you are not the one to administer deliverance to her, then pray that she finds someone who can assist her in her need.

Thank you, I didn't think about praying for other people to come into her life. That is a wonderful idea and I will use that advice. ;)

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

The Lord certainly worked in this, and yes: trust the Lord in the darkness as we do in the light! And I also agree with JesusGivesLifeMeaning: pray. 

Thank you--I mean it. ;) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, FunnyBunny said:

My parents are both strong believers. I look up to them both and my father would not be attracted to her as a woman if that is what you mean. That said, My father is easily manipulated by young people as that is where his heart is. He was saved as a teen and feels led to be most compassionate to people he can relate to most which are people who are young and in need of help or people who are old and strong in faith.  He is a good man and would not do something he feels is wrong. You want me to talk to him, and I have not yet. I have a reason for this which I will not share. One more thing--If every God loving Holy Spirit vessel keeps her at a distance, how is God supposed to reach her? She will fill herself with company from people who only want her present to push her further from where she needs to be, wouldn't that happen? We are to hate evil. I do hate evil very much, but is evil=flesh and blood? 

If you can not talk with your father regarding this difficult situation you are then complicating what is going on in your home. You tell her the truth of God and who Jesus Christ is. If she will not accept that and if she brings your family grief then she should not stay. That is your father's issue to keep an unkind and toxic person under the roof if his house. God does not want that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, FunnyBunny said:

The problem is I am a Christian and I don't feel right avoiding people--who God sees as my equal. The problem is I'm leaving to become an independent in a week and I have a family to spend time with before I go overseas but I cannot if I'm too busy hiding.

Dear One-- do not guilt trip yourself-- the Lord gives believers discernment .if you feel this woman is a bad seed-- you have a right to protect yourself emotionally--- Bible says " Don't cast pearls before swine because they will turn and rend you"=== it sounds like she is a user- of course I have not heard her side and the Book says we should hear both side before rendering a judgment-- but if your feelings are completely accurate-- there is no harm in protecting your self. Stand Tall in the Lord- she can not bully you if you keep the whole matter in prayer-- sounds like in a few weeks you will be out of the family picture---- trust the situation to the Lord--- if this woman is bad medicine- the Lord will open your dads eyes~~~~~~~~~ one unpleasant thought-- sorry-- but is it possible you dad is having a midlife crisis attraction for this young lady??????   maybe have a private chat with your pastor and get his input-- and PRAY WITHOUT CEASING~~

12 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Dear One-- do not guilt trip yourself-- the Lord gives believers discernment .if you feel this woman is a bad seed-- you have a right to protect yourself emotionally--- Bible says " Don't cast pearls before swine because they will turn and rend you"=== it sounds like she is a user- of course I have not heard her side and the Book says we should hear both side before rendering a judgment-- but if your feelings are completely accurate-- there is no harm in protecting your self. Stand Tall in the Lord- she can not bully you if you keep the whole matter in prayer-- sounds like in a few weeks you will be out of the family picture---- trust the situation to the Lord--- if this woman is bad medicine- the Lord will open your dads eyes~~~~~~~~~ one unpleasant thought-- sorry-- but is it possible you dad is having a midlife crisis attraction for this young lady??????   maybe have a private chat with your pastor and get his input-- and PRAY WITHOUT CEASING~~

Thank you. All this advice is great and I'M SO GLAD you quoted scripture here. I tend to argue with my feelings unless there are scripture evidence that it's ok. I don't even think that's a bad thing about myself ahah. It's ok that you mentioned that since I do believe there is no way my father would do that. Even if it were true, it was good of you to bring that up. My father loves my mom verrrry much and has a fairly good conscience. He would never do that and I don't say that just because he's my father. I feel like recently my father's eyes have been opened to the situation since everyone says the same thing about this girl and he kinda got to see a bad side of her a bit ago. He still cares for her like she did nothing since he has a soft heart. But since a couple days ago, it looks like she won't be wanting to come back. Also, I don't trust my pastor because I have a hard time trusting any man in general. I think what I was looking for in general was christian advice and scripture quotes and I really did get that here. I feel completely un-needy at this point. At this point, I would only worry about any influence she might have on my almost adult baby siblings. They only seem to be influenced by the wrong things and that does scare me to death. 

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If you can not talk with your father regarding this difficult situation you are then complicating what is going on in your home. You tell her the truth of God and who Jesus Christ is. If she will not accept that and if she brings your family grief then she should not stay. That is your father's issue to keep an unkind and toxic person under the roof if his house. God does not want that.

Thank you. You are right.

is there a way to close this conversation?

• George locked this topic