George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

John 14:12  "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Pretty simple , he talk about Holy Spirit here , if he didn't go to Father then Holy Spirit could not come , we can do  nothing without it .

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 9/19/2017 at 11:06 AM, Abdicate said:

1 Corinthians 4:20 (KJV)
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Yes. Unless you know the LORD of LIGHT, the WORD, The LOVER of our souls, all the words you mutter will be as Saul says, just sounding brass, or gongs. Much has been said on here to me as to how much I have gotten wrong. How deceived I am, how un-Christian I am etc. I think that the ones thus speaking did not speak by the HOLY BREATH of the Lord our Redeemer, but spoke of themselves.
Yet I will recount a brief post of a brother today that was speaking by THE WORD. It is self evident.

This brother apologized to another for his poorly written tirade of yesterday. He asked forgiveness.
That brother I hold in very high esteem. That apology was GOD BREATHED. It was humble and it was redemptive!

That is the greatness that is spoken of, and even more! Because unless we are like sheep, slaughtered all the day long, and like unto THE ONE, THE LIGHT of MEN: THE WORD. Unless we are like Yeshua that gave up heaven to die for you and me on earth, our TRUE deeds will not be great in number or in impact upon a lost world.

11"Believe that I am in my Father and my Father in me, otherwise believe because of the works." 12"Timeless truth, I tell you: 'whoever believes in me, those works which I have done he will also do, and he will do greater works than these, because I am going to the presence of my Father.' " 13"And anything that you will ask in my name I shall do for you, that The Father may be glorified in his Son." 14"And if you will ask me in my name, I shall do this."

15"If you love me, keep my commandments."

16"And I shall request from my Father and he will give you another Redeemer of the accursed*, that he will be with you for eternity." 17"He is The Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it has neither seen him nor known him; but you know him, for he dwells with you and he is in you."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/28/2017 at 12:39 AM, George said:

Shalom everyone,

I'm curious on everyone's take on what Jesus meant when He said, 

John 14:12  "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

John 16:12-15 "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you."

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Doing the will of The Father for the purpose and glory unto... where One Seed was placed into the soil in death is now many Seed same~ by that One Seed’s death unto Life... not greater in kind but number.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/11/2017 at 8:03 AM, enoob57 said:

Doing the will of The Father for the purpose and glory unto... where One Seed was placed into the soil in death is now many Seed same~ by that One Seed’s death unto Life... not greater in kind but number.

Do not sin. 

Stop sinning.

Refuse to sin. 

Have nothing to do with sin.

"The Will of The Father" in Christ Jesus for all who love HIM,  who are called according to HIS PURPOSE:

Instead of walking in continual darkness,  come out to the LIGHT (JESUS), and remain with HIM (JESUS) in the LIGHT.

Worthy Christian Library » A.B. Simpson » Practical Christianity » Chapter 1 – The Practical Discipline of Life

Chapter 1 – The Practical Discipline of Life

“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into diverse temptations.” “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him” (James 1:2, 12).

... "In conclusion let us learn to find in God the secret of blessing and victory under all conditions and circumstances, and even to turn the hate of Satan into an occasion of victory and blessing. Thus shall the curse be made a blessing, sorrow turned into joy, and even sin so conquered that grace shall much more abound. "

------------------------------

So that "grace shall much more abound"  ,  and the works that the Father does,  are the works that the children of the Father does, every one of them/us in Christ ,

not ever, 

never,

no not ever doing

what the children of the devil do.

(what we all once did, the way we all once lived, when we all were still children under the power of the prince of the air) (Ephesians 2)

-------------------

The children of Yahweh,  ekklesia born again in Jesus,  do works of righteousness every day, daily,  as the Father leads us and tells us always in line with all of His Word by Grace in Jesus the Messiah Savior King of the Jews Redeemer Friend Comforter and Teacher.

All over the world,  the children of Yahweh live in union with Jesus, daily, always, continually -

always seeking Yahweh's Kingdom,  always rejoicing in what is TRUE and RIGHT,

as Yahweh permits, by His Grace,   Amein !

Guest shiloh357
On 8/27/2017 at 9:39 AM, George said:

Shalom everyone,

George

I think it needs to be pointed out that "greater works"  does not mean, "greater miracles."   The short answer, without a huge burdensome exegetical treatise, is that the greater works we see in the book of Acts are the evangelistic works and the disciples/converts that were made.  Acts doesn't emphasize miracles; it emphasizes the spread of the Gospel and the true conversions that took place.   Some miracles were performed, but the "greater works"  from a biblical point of view, is evangelism.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi George,

My thoughts are - because Jesus went to the Father, then now by His Holy Spirit working through the Body of Christ, greater, more numerous works (from the Head - Jesus) will be / are being, done.

regards, Marilyn.

:amen:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 8/27/2017 at 9:39 AM, George said:

Shalom everyone,

George

Well,  one small aspect perhaps....  how many cities or towns or homes did Jesus visit at the same time ? 'one' ? Even if many in one day, still just (apparently ) one at a time. (and likely more in one day than most anyone today can imagine)(more accomplished and more visited, as His Father directed Him)

Well,  today,  just within the United States,  how many cities or towns or homes do those who heal others visit in one day ?

Even if only one each,  and even if only one a week for each healer,  there are still (best approximation) over 100,000 healers in the United States accomplishing [at least a part of] Yahweh's Will (full understanding is very rare it appears),

so then at least 10,000 times a day a healer is visiting with someone and improving their lives and the lives of their households.

And that is just in the United States.  In the country of China (communist or whatever), there are over one million small assemblies (underground, faithful to Jesus and hidden from the state/government) ,  sharing the Gospel and healing and deliverance from demons and from satan and from catholicism and from buddhism and from mormonism EVERY DAY.

So,  does that count as 'greater works than these ' ?  at the time Jesus was on earth before His ascension ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Perhaps the point has already been made. But I'd like to make it still. Jesus was essentially doing what George Burns was doing in one of the "Oh God" movies in the courtroom. When the people said show us a miracle (sign). And he did. How apropos Burns started out with a card trick in the movie. Then he turned night into day. Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, walked on water, opened the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, fed the 5000, calmed the storm... all of which pale in comparison to the fact that he made everything in the first place both in heaven and in the universe.

But the greater things than "these" signs - miracles... are made greater ONLY BECAUSE I go to the Father...

And that going to the Father meant going first to the cross.

Jesus also said the Father loves us directly BECAUSE we love him (Jesus) and believe he comes from God.

You want to know why there's a heaven and a hell, or why we exist in the first place.

1. Love the Lord thy God with... and your neighbor as...

2. Made possible and restored by...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I used to do an example display to show the difference of position. 

I had a walking staff about 5 feet long.

I said God's minimum requirement for righteousness was at this level (I'd wave my hand in a line about eye level)

Then I'd say man's ability to be righteous is down by my foot. With my heel on the ground I'd raise my toes up a few inches.

Woefully below God's minimum requirement for righteousness. 

Than I introduced the walking staff which I placed on top my foot. Put my had on top of the staff (at the level of God's minimum requirement for righteousness) and said:

This is Christ's imputed righteousness into our individual accounts. Made possible by the cross. Now when you do righteous deeds (I'd raise my toes with the heel still on the ground ,and the staff would push my hand up above the minimum requirement for God's righteousness)...

You could do the exact same act of righteousness in belief and it get cheered in heaven because you are a believer in Jesus that did not count for anything the day before you became a believer. 

The day before you believed, you helped a little old lade across the street. But the day after you became a believer you helped that same little old lady across that same street and all of heaven celebrated.

Position!

And this is also what it means to pray in Jesus' name.

You pray as a believe in Jesus you are always praying in his name positionally.

You pray for what Jesus stands for you are also praying in the name of Jesus.

If you want what God wants THEN you will have the desires of your heart (i.e. what God wants).

The focus, the crux, the center of the universe and the spirit realm is Christ Jesus and him crucified.