LPTSTR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

That verse deals with arminian doctrine of prevenient grace.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

What if original reason why I first came to God was not because I knew about my sinfulness and wanted forgiveness but because I seeked supernatural help with finding wife? Does that mean that God used this difficulty of my life to draw me or is there any possibility that I came with my own initiative and that God has not actually drawn me?

In other words if I came to God for wrong reasons, can I assume that I have been drawn by God?

JESUS CHRIST uses anything that the people have or any kind of situation or need as they see it , to draw them to him, anything they have need of. 

Yes you were drawn to him, he was calling on you. God bless you for your testimony. 

This is one of the most profound testimoneis. 

A Moslem man, very hot for what he believed, a missionary among his people and a teacher of the Coran, show a vision, a building with a bright light radiating from the roof and with a Cross in the middle. 

After a lot of thought, he convinced him self and took it upon himself to bring the Coran, and his faith to Christians by actually entering the Christian churces,  and speaking his message. 

I don't need to tell that he was received with hostility, kicked out . 

Been discourage he stopped what he was doing, and in the mean time he fell ill. 

He became very weak but he still was wondering because the visions were continue, and he took that he was punish for his disobedience. 

Often he found himself outside a church but he shy to enter. 

One day while he was contemplating what to do, he heard a voice, "go in, don't stop go ahead", in his understanding he perceived that the Angel of Allah was telling him  to enter the building, and he enter the Church. 

At that moment the speaker was praying for the sick, and he did not interrupt, then sundetly the speaker said " JESUS CHRIST is the healer of everyone no matter if you are a Christian or not, he said "Sir JESUS pointed you to me, you are sick and he wants to heal you from your brain tumor. 

He said" I don't know but I got up and I approch the speaker, he said: your visions are from jesus, and I had visions of you and was waiting for you, do you want Jesus to heal you, I said I want to speak to people about the Coran, he said , you can speak to the people later, but do you want Jesus Christ to heal you first, as we are in the middle of a healing service and people are waiting to be healed. Do you want to be heal,  I said yes, and as the speaker and the congregation prayed a lighting bolt triked me and I see a bright light from the Cross coming to me and the pain was gone and I was heal, the speaker said wait here so you can speak to us. 

Well judge for yourselfs  if Jesus Christ works in mysterious ways not known to us or not. 

God bless

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks.

One more question: because of years of unanswered prayers, I have stopped feeling passion for Christ. He no longer makes me happy. I no longer hope in Him and so on. I still like worship songs and the way christians think but my desire no longer burns for God. Does this mean that God has stopped drawing me?

• Loved it! 1

Just now, LPTSTR said:

Thanks.

One more question: because of years of unanswered prayers, I have stopped feeling passion for Christ. He no longer makes me happy. I no longer hope in Him and so on. I still like worship songs and the way christians think but my desire no longer burns for God. Does this mean that God has stopped drawing me?

No, this not truth, some of the people who were healed and wanted to follow Jesus, Jesus told them to go home to their families. 

What I mean to say have a rest, JESUS and all the Angels and my self are happy you believe, and fellowship in songs and Thanksgiving. 

If understand correctly, what else can I say you are under his blessings, every one has his own journey, only this I can say don't worry about it, you are in his blessings. 

And you will be in his blessings even if you go and live for the world just keep believing, or persist in seeking him, just asked him anything you want, but leave it with him, I am not sure if I said correctly, and I may be misanderdood, hope I have incourage you. 

He takes his time, as he did with me, for twenty years, just live your life. 

Thank you for appreciative words. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

15 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

Thanks.

This may be common.  Tell me, did this happen while you stopped getting His Word in you, either by no longer reading the bible or going to church?

Press in to Him, get alone with Him, determine your priorities, what could be more important than eternal things?

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

Thanks.

I can safely assume that even though I originally cam to God for wrong reason I am still been drawn? Just asking to clarify because wanting to have relationship and actually drawing seem to be two different things to me.

I think God's means of drawing us to Him are quite varied.  Over the years, I've heard many testimonies from people that give a wide range of reasons why they first started looking for God and found Him.  Some people hit rock bottom in life due to addiction or other things and cried out for help.  Other people simply responded the first time they heard the gospel message.  I think that key to all of the testimonies is that being drawn to God eventually resulted in a change in life.  Many people talk about how they became aware of God's presence inside of them as a result of this process.

The word draw in John 6:44 (ἑλκύω) is also used in  John 12:32, 18:10, 21:6, 21:11, Acts 16:19, 21:30, and James 2:6.  It seems to be a fairly strong word more akin to drag or haul or attract rather than the more subtle entice or invite.  However, I am hesitant to pull out this verse completely on its own absent of context.  John 6:44 should be understood in the context of the rest of the passage.   Jesus was speaking to those who had been fed via a miracle and wanted to make Jesus King by force.  They followed Him across the lake and found Him.  In my opinion, Jesus was differentiating between those who were flocking to Him for the signs, novelty, seeing Him as a conquering Messiah who would overthrow the Romans, and a promise of bread from heaven, but who had no real interest in Him (beyond improving their lot in life) and those who God was drawing to Him to be spiritually changed.  The end of this passage shows the net result that many who He was speaking those words to and had been following Him quit doing so.  The whole idea of God's drawing someone seems to be related to Him pulling them out of a concern for the physical world and into a concern for the spiritual world.

14 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

Thanks.

Speaking for myself, the state of my spiritual walk is less related to answered prayers than it is to the simple consistent spiritual disciplines of prayer, meditation, bible study, and being with other Christians.  For me, prayer is more about talking with God, getting direction for the day, and enjoying being in His presence rather than asking for things. 

One of the things I try to remember to consider is whether or not I am asking for the right things.  I know one woman who had for years been praying for a husband, and then following a sudden insight from God, realized that she should have been praying and working toward being a better person who would be a better marriage partner themselves.  As she related it, God had been trying to get me ready to be a good wife for the man of my dreams and I wasn't listening to Him.  I was a mixed up mess who was not ready to get married and I thought marriage would solve my problems.

• Loved it! 2

Many of my friends mary Catholics and their very happy, even from different cultures or countries, there is a lot of people who want to get married, unless you are looking for a virgin, that's not an advice, just , take it as you wish. 

• Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

11 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

You are clearly pharisee in Luke 18:9-14.
I am nit taking it out of context.  You are woman and if the Bible tells woman shall not teach or have authority over man then that's it You dont teach here. Full stop. Not only are you teaching man but you are also looking down on me like this pharisee looked down on tax collector. You are assuming to have authority over me right now.

But I want you to remember that it was not man who was deceived but woman who then also deceived man. Man is not created of woman but woman of man.

You are only here to be some one. but you still havent answered my question. (I have edited my original post to make my question more clear.)

This is a personal attack and if it happens again, you'll be banned from the thread.  If you want to have a discussion on a forum board with MEN and WOMEN, then you have to understand that we're DISCUSSING just as we would around a family table.  I hope that you don't tell your wife to be QUIET at the family table when you're discussing something.  

I'm not sure you understand how we run things, but this is the only warning that you'll get before we ban you from threads in the future.  We DISCUSS the SUBJECT of whatever, and we don't allow PERSONAL attacks.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, George said:

This is a personal attack and if it happens again, you'll be banned from the thread.  If you want to have a discussion on a forum board with MEN and WOMEN, then you have to understand that we're DISCUSSING just as we would around a family table.  I hope that you don't tell your wife to be QUIET at the family table when you're discussing something.  

I'm not sure you understand how we run things, but this is the only warning that you'll get before we ban you from threads in the future.  We DISCUSS the SUBJECT of whatever, and we don't allow PERSONAL attacks.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

George , not to change the subject, but i notice you live somewhere in Israel.   Have you got to see where calvary was .   I was once in petra long ago, course that is not In Israel.

They told us , it was rumored that the Mount that burned was around that area.   Though i guess we don't really know.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

What if original reason why I first came to God was not because I knew about my sinfulness and wanted forgiveness but because I seeked supernatural help with finding wife? Does that mean that God used this difficulty of my life to draw me or is there any possibility that I came with my own initiative and that God has not actually drawn me?

In other words if I came to God for wrong reasons, can I assume that I have been drawn by God?

It sounds like YOU came to GOD for all the wrong reasons.  When i was drawn.....it had nothing to do with any other desire than to draw me To CHRIST.

HOWEVER............you are here now.  NOW is the time to forget the past.  And ASK for a new heart , ASK SEEK AND KNOCK.  ASK for a new heart with new desires

that are heavenly and honor GOD.   ASK..............and you shall receive.   The LORD changed the most wicked man i personally ever knew .

The man i speak of , i am not judging him.  But he was a pig, a vile vermon and of the upmost wicked pits of utter darkness. the dude derseved nothing good from God

he deserved the second death twice over.  The man was an wicked nasty vile thing.   Now i know that sounds harsh .   But it was me , so

just being honest about what i was without GOD.  A hog in the mud pit.   SO PRAY FOR A NEW HEART...........and it will be given you.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1